Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you guys seen this new mod?

So there's this guy on MTS who figured out how to tap into the Sim locomotion scripts, and he's made a mod that lets you control Sims directly. At first I thought it was a bit of an April's Fools joke but it's not.....it's actually really really cool!

You can get it HERE directly, and I did a short video on it as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK9zrElmOjw

Just letting you guys know in case you'd missed it ;)
Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
(oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I read about it elsewhere and don't think it's for me but I am sure there are some who would be interested.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It takes the dolls out of the dollhouse and into the streets; it’s very impressive!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    It looks like fun but my fun is the surprises I get when my sims do something unexpected. But now I've seen it I might remember it one day. I'm glad you're having fun with it.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited April 2019
    Karritz wrote: »
    It looks like fun but my fun is the surprises I get when my sims do something unexpected. But now I've seen it I might remember it one day. I'm glad you're having fun with it.

Same. I'm definitely a hands off kind of simmer, I direct my sims very little. It's one of the main reasons why I can't play TS4 very much, the Sims are too boring and don't do much on their own.

That said this is still pretty neat!
    Post edited by xitneverendss on
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    It looks kind of cool, particularly when you play with just one sim and it's a homeless one.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I saw it on MTS and promptly downloaded it for future use - you never know! Your video was awesome, especially the subway scene! :) Where on earth did you get that??? :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Oh it's just Boroughsburg, by PotatoBalladSims. I did a little bit of work on that world (assets, textures) but I can't claim any part of the amazing work he did on building it.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    It's nice, but I don't like how it clips through everything. What I DO like is that you can determine the routing of the sim yourself! Sometimes I'll direct a sim to go from one lot to the next, but then they take a long route instead of the fastest way, so this would be good try out for that. I'm going to download it! Thanks for this thread!

• Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I've downloaded the mod but I haven't tried it yet. I feel like it would be so overwhelming! I'm planning to use it with my selfsim... I might not leave the house for a few days (my irl house I mean).
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This looks like it might be fun.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I had been playing GTA IV lately, and I must say that is impressive!Love the modding community for this game.
  • Options
    SmiiiliiieSmiiiliiie Posts: 7 New Member
    Looks quite cool! I really gotta try that!
    Thanks for sharing :)