Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville - Where to start?

Just had a couple questions regarding the new pack. I picked it up and I want to play through it naturally the way it was intended, but I wasn't sure how it all worked.

If I start a new family in Oasis Springs for example, and have a toddler through to YA THEN move my YA to strangerville will I still be able to fully experience the story?

I guess since the story progresses the town etc. I was worried that the natural story progression in game may end up breaking the town if I don't get started and let it sorta sit idle while I get a sim aged up. (Like will the townies there age up, get married, have kids etc.... while I'm not there; while getting a sim ready? and will I miss content because of it)

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The story really doesn't start until your Sim starts investigating the mystery -- hang out at the library or bar, talk to the residents, military personnel and scientists. Doing the new aspiration gives you a good guideline for experiencing the pack. As you get further along you'll notice the town changing. You can actually have a family live there and not even touch the mystery, just deal with some odd Sims now and then.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    smashersaurussmashersaurus Posts: 28 Member
    Oh ok great!

Thanks so much for the response. This is exactly the information I was looking for.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    If you do it right away you get to talk with some premades that have some special answers... you will not get to experience that if they die of old age in your game. Besides that, you can do the story when you want.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    If you do it right away you get to talk with some premades that have some special answers... you will not get to experience that if they die of old age in your game. Besides that, you can do the story when you want.

I was under the impression that we could play the story without these premades. What exactly can only be done with the premades? Are there any specific actions or opportunities tied to them? I have a family with toddlers and wanted them to grow up before they investigate strangerville.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 964 Member
    If I start a new family in Oasis Springs for example, and have a toddler through to YA THEN move my YA to strangerville will I still be able to fully experience the story?

Yes - provided you make at least sim with the new aspiration related to the story. In that way, the goals of the aspiration tell you what to do. The sims don't even have to live in Strangerville, but probably need to visit the community lots of that world from time to time.

• Options
    smashersaurussmashersaurus Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks everyone for the answers!

I created my family and got my toddler up to YA. I've since moved her to Strangerville (I wanted to be in the heart of the changes) and I've been dealing with the locals. :smile:
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I'm playing through Strangerville's story for the first time, and I think I got started by having my sim talk about Strangerville to townies and military personnel at the bar that's in the world. Then they encouraged me to go to the Secret Lab. It's easier to know what to do if your sim has the Strangerville aspiration...it kinda gives you a hint on what to do next based on the goals it has.