Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PSA: MC Command Center Lets You Get Rid Of Auto-Generated Townies Now.

Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
Someone on Reddit the other day drew my attention to this and it's been a huge game changer. MCCC now has the option to force the game to use saved Sims from your library instead of constantly auto-generating new ones. I'm not sure how long this option has been there, but I've used MCCC for years and I had absolutely no idea. I spend a ridiculous amount of game time editing auto generated townies, I even have a save where I've edited every EA townie's cold/hot weather clothing because auto-generated outfits drive me insane.

All you have to do is click on a computer, select MC Command Center>MC Population>Populating Settings>Import Tray Settings>Import Tray Percent. Then change that value to 100% if you want to get red of all auto-generated sims for good. While you are in the Import Tray Settings, you may want to set 'Include Gender Options' to disabled (I found when it was enabled during play testing it was pulling mostly female sims), and set 'Include Clothing' to enabled to prevent crazy outfits. Then just go to the gallery and save a bunch of sims you like to your library and you're good to go.

I just wanted to share for all the people who are perfectionists like me and want every sim in their game to not look like a hot mess. :sweat_smile::grimace: What would we do without MC Command Center?
ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif

Comments

• Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Does it ever place duplicates?
  • Options

I'm not 100% sure. I play tested for a bit to see if it worked and did things that typically pull in auto-generated sims such as hiring services, going to an active career, going to a restaurant, etc and I did not notice that it pulled any duplicates.
  • Options
    Does it keep their traits or give them random ones?
  • Options
    Does it keep their traits or give them random ones?

I just tested it, it looks like it does randomize traits and changes their age sometimes. It just pulls their physical appearance, outfits, and names.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

As long as you don't change the sims name, at all, no. You won't get duplicates. But, it doesn't give those sims the traits that your library sims have. It's basically, random sims, but they look like your library sims and have their names. It also doesn't pull in the whole family, only single sims. So, if you have a sister and brother, they won't be related in the new save that MCCC pulled them in (if both are pulled in) and could, potentially, end up married with babies.

Also, there is a feature to only use sims in your library with a certain hashtag or to skip sims with a certain hashtag. I don't use this feature, so I'm not 100% sure how it works. Of course, this may be a feature in the upcoming free release of MCCC, I have patron, so I have the pre-release copies of the mod. It's always best to read over the change log of MCCC when you update, there is always exciting new nuggets in there. Deaderpool works hard to give us an amazing mod and he is always improving and expanding on it.

Just a side note, there is also a feature coming to let us copy makeup (and outfits I believe) from one category/sim to the next. Exciting things coming to MCCC.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

As long as you don't change the sims name, at all, no. You won't get duplicates. But, it doesn't give those sims the traits that your library sims have. It's basically, random sims, but they look like your library sims and have their names. It also doesn't pull in the whole family, only single sims. So, if you have a sister and brother, they won't be related in the new save that MCCC pulled them in (if both are pulled in) and could, potentially, end up married with babies.

Also, there is a feature to only use sims in your library with a certain hashtag or to skip sims with a certain hashtag. I don't use this feature, so I'm not 100% sure how it works. Of course, this may be a feature in the upcoming free release of MCCC, I have patron, so I have the pre-release copies of the mod. It's always best to read over the change log of MCCC when you update, there is always exciting new nuggets in there. Deaderpool works hard to give us an amazing mod and he is always improving and expanding on it.

Just a side note, there is also a feature coming to let us copy makeup (and outfits I believe) from one category/sim to the next. Exciting things coming to MCCC.

That sounds awesome!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019
    It's pretty great. You just keep your library stocked with subjectively good looking Sims and you will notice a drastic reduction in pear shaped townies with pink hair and green eyebrows wearing one of each item in CAS.

Unless of course that is your definition of good looking.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I discover the feature month ago, but then it keep generating almost the same sim over and over, like I have lots of gallery sim yet MCCC keep adding Vannesa Simmons to my game and Babs L'Amour, it's a little irritating tbh because those 2 sims were my sim's dead wives.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I've been using it awhile, I have my edited single sim households set up to use the #mccc_include so I can have other ones in my library that don't get used. It's cut way down on the time I spend in CAS editing townies, plus my world looks the way I like.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited March 2019
    So I downloaded MCCC and followed the instructions for auto-pop, and I downloaded a bunch of sims from the gallery. So when will they auto populate because I got rid of a bunch game generated sims? Or do I have fix something with game options also?
    Post edited by JC1979 on
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Ahhh! this is an absolute game changer! What with all the other options MCCC offers in terms of random townies, I am slowly but surely combatting the bad townie fashion choices. :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited March 2019
    Okay so I just wanna say I’ve been freaking out about this. I could have sworn I read this somewhere, but I couldn’t find the answer. I’m so glad that I was right and not losing my mind haha. I really wanted to change the townies into library ones only. I’m glad to know now there IS a way! Thank you thank you!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    I've been using MCCC since forever and I didn't know about that feature either. But I'm too lazy to try it. I have many awkward sims in my library which I don't want to see as NPC's in my certain saves, and don't want to delete either, so it doesn't sound so practical for me. But good to know about the feature thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    I accidentally inhaled coffee as I began to read this, so excited. Until I realized all my generations of sims would just be cloned into the game :l Fortunately, CoolSpear has a mod that allows you to create 16 all-in-one sims that are used for most NPC purposes in game. Just read all of the instructions or you'll regret it, lol.

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13720-world-sim-control-06-worker-npcs-all-in-one-npcs/&
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ehh whatever. The mod is still bad.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

Tell me more
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

Just because a mod didn’t work for you doesn’t mean it’s bad 🙄
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sillypix335Sillypix335 Posts: 3 New Member
    I know this may be wildly off-topic but I've played for the sims for a good while now and have always used MC command center. But I'm having a little trouble, maybe if any of you can help? (I've searched all over the discussions and haven't really found a thread relevant to my question).
    I'm familiar with the way MC works but I've been having an issue that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine, and that's the fact that my sims /Never/ Change unless there's a weather difference outside. It's really weird when my sims are showering in their everyday outfit and then sleeping in their winter one. usually, every time they do an action that involves changing clothes and they don't, an error message for MC comes up on my notifications. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I know this may be wildly off-topic but I've played for the sims for a good while now and have always used MC command center. But I'm having a little trouble, maybe if any of you can help? (I've searched all over the discussions and haven't really found a thread relevant to my question).
    I'm familiar with the way MC works but I've been having an issue that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine, and that's the fact that my sims /Never/ Change unless there's a weather difference outside. It's really weird when my sims are showering in their everyday outfit and then sleeping in their winter one. usually, every time they do an action that involves changing clothes and they don't, an error message for MC comes up on my notifications. Can anyone help?

Do you use mods/cc other than MCCC? The last exception you're getting almost certainly isn't caused by MCCC - it's just the mod notifying you that there's a problem somewhere - maybe a game bug or could be an out-of-date cc item or mod. I have MCCC and my Sims change clothing just fine so I don't think it's that.
  • Options
    > @loubyloulou said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Do you use mods/cc other than MCCC? The last exception you're getting almost certainly isn't caused by MCCC - it's just the mod notifying you that there's a problem somewhere - maybe a game bug or could be an out-of-date cc item or mod. I have MCCC and my Sims change clothing just fine so I don't think it's that.

Thank you! But i actually have no other mod but MCCC along with some slider mods for the body and nothing else. I do have alot of CC for my sims however.
  • Options
    is there any way to scan all my files at once without going through them one by one to figure out the issue?
  • Options
    waterproofcowplantwaterproofcowplant Posts: 20 Member
    > @Sillypix335 said:
    > I know this may be wildly off-topic but I've played for the sims for a good while now and have always used MC command center. But I'm having a little trouble, maybe if any of you can help? (I've searched all over the discussions and haven't really found a thread relevant to my question).
    > I'm familiar with the way MC works but I've been having an issue that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine, and that's the fact that my sims /Never/ Change unless there's a weather difference outside. It's really weird when my sims are showering in their everyday outfit and then sleeping in their winter one. usually, every time they do an action that involves changing clothes and they don't, an error message for MC comes up on my notifications. Can anyone help?

I get this same issue sometimes, as well as oddly they will change into an outfit I have never set to take a bath. Have you tried downloading the Better Exceptions mod? It basically scans any LEs you get in game and brings up a webpage telling you exactly what file is causing it!
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The wearing clothes for showers etc. That's cc related. Sims 4 studio, free program let's you fix your cc, also you can disable cc for townies which helps with the wierd outfits a lot in the game.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @Sillypix335 There is actually a new feature with MCCC. Go to your mods folder and there will be a browser link called last_exception. Click on it and it auto opens to reveal your problem in a report. I found it on accident when I went to look at my mods because MCCC kept catching something. I used it yesterday. In my game it was a faster novel mod I had causing me problems.