Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Trait Idea: No Children

mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
I love children, but there are places where I rather not have them around. Like the bar...or a nightclub. Although I'd prefer if kids and most teens were not around whatsoever during the school day, I get that might be difficult for the devs to implement this far into the game, so having a lot trait that keeps kids away from places inappropriate for them to be at would help from breaking immersion.

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    Kids spawn at a bar and nightclub? I’ve never actually seen any when I go...interesting.
  • Options
    Kids spawn at a bar and nightclub? I’ve never actually seen any when I go...interesting.

I see them all the time in my game. People bring their toddlers too. I use a cheat to kick them out but its annoying
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Will not be complicated for the devs as 2 modders already created custom lot traits that allow you exclude child teen elder vampire or alien. But then again, I don't think they would do that as most of lot traits gives you benefit/bonus not a 'setting'
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    hey! Just went and moved this to ideas corner
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I love children, but there are places where I rather not have them around. Like the bar...or a nightclub. Although I'd prefer if kids and most teens were not around whatsoever during the school day, I get that might be difficult for the devs to implement this far into the game, so having a lot trait that keeps kids away from places inappropriate for them to be at would help from breaking immersion.

I see them all the time in my game. People bring their toddlers too. I use a cheat to kick them out but its annoying

Do you play with mods? This sounds like the result of either broken mods or a mod conflict, because in a vanilla game I have never seen this happen. But I have had it happen in saves where a mod is out of date or in conflict with another mod.

• Options

Do you play with mods? This sounds like the result of either broken mods or a mod conflict, because in a vanilla game I have never seen this happen. But I have had it happen in saves where a mod is out of date or in conflict with another mod.

I only use MCCC
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019

I only use MCCC

Weird, that mod is pretty stable as long as it's up to date. Kids & toddlers showing up at bars and lounges is definitely a bug of some sort though. It's not normal game behavior so I doubt they will make a lot trait to correct it.
  • Options
    @Pamtastic72 I definitely didn't know that wasn't normal behavior. They've always showed up at bars in my game

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I don't have kids/toddlers show up in my bars or clubs. Only Rosie and Blue (dogs) when their owners (Brant and/or Brent) show up :D