Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't You Just Hate It When …

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    3KNPen wrote: »
    The worst moment for me was when I was having a wedding and had brought the wedding cake along to the venue because it didn't have a kitchen (it wasn't a wedding event just a free form wedding in Windenburg) and the bride's dad grabbed a slice of it before I could get the topper on it there was no way to make a second cake so they had to make due without the extra interactions with it...

This hasn't been as bad it used to be or maybe I'm just good and quickly getting the candles on it.

Also Pro Tip you can actually store an uneaten cake in the fridge with candles on it and it will keep for a while which is good for a 100 Baby save where you're having a lot of birthdays in a short space of time but don't want to constantly have to make cakes and/or have your family constantly eating cake.

You do realize you can add the topper and then place the cake into the Sims' inventory, right? ;)

You do realize that you can bake your sim's birthday cakes at an earlier time when there aren't lots of hungry sims around and then place it into your sims' inventories or the fridge, right? ;-)

My story took place YEARS ago when I'd just gotten the game and no I wasn't aware that this was something you could do because I'd never had an off site destination wedding before. I was sharing it simply because it was related to the topic at hand and maybe it was something that other people might also not realize it could happen because they don't do destination weddings either.

But since this is something you clearly know about why don't you do it yourself with your birthday cakes if you find the stolen pieces such an issue for you?

I see no reason to bite my head off. And I do thank you for your participation. Have a great day, and Happy Simming!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2019

Talking about food.

I also hate it when you throw a dinner party or make a big festive food breakfast/dinner and guests grab a plate and just sit everywhere else in the house instead of all on the table. I wish there was a easier way to have them take drinks and food from the middle of the table while sitting and remain chatting.

If you set the table, then set your prepared food in the center and call to meal, you will have most if not all of your Sims so just that.

The whole "eating" process is very annoying and broken in the game. It's so hard to manage even one sim to eat their meal nicely.
    I click on the plate, grab a plate, sims sits down at the table, stays idle and stares at nowhere for 10 sim minutes, then starts eating.. finally.
    And then I'm like..
    Noooo don't stand up !! -- *sim stands up, takes the plate, sits down on another chair to chat closer with someone at the same table.
    Noooooooo don't stand up, shove your plate in your bum just to hug someone for no reason you are having a meal ffs!
    Nooooooo don't pet your dog now just remain seated and eat ! stupid sim! you've wasted so much time now you don't have enough time to shower before you go to work idiot!
    Nooo don't put the plate on the floor omg !
    ok you've eaten enough just forget it!

We need a feature in this game, that makes the sim obey the players' commands no matter what. If I tell the sim sit and eat, they should do that and only that. I want obedient sims not rebels! LOL

Btw these are happening with free will disabled.

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is probably why I celebrate birthdays with the "bring out cake" interaction in restaurants. Have them eat first so they're full. The cake appears on the table out of thin air. Just add candles and blow!
  • Options
    veronica55 wrote: »

Talking about food.

I also hate it when you throw a dinner party or make a big festive food breakfast/dinner and guests grab a plate and just sit everywhere else in the house instead of all on the table. I wish there was a easier way to have them take drinks and food from the middle of the table while sitting and remain chatting.

If you set the table, then set your prepared food in the center and call to meal, you will have most if not all of your Sims so just that.

The whole "eating" process is very annoying and broken in the game. It's so hard to manage even one sim to eat their meal nicely.
    I click on the plate, grab a plate, sims sits down at the table, stays idle and stares at nowhere for 10 sim minutes, then starts eating.. finally.
    And then I'm like..
    Noooo don't stand up !! -- *sim stands up, takes the plate, sits down on another chair to chat closer with someone at the same table.
    Noooooooo don't stand up, shove your plate in your bum just to hug someone for no reason you are having a meal ffs!
    Nooooooo don't pet your dog now just remain seated and eat ! stupid sim! you've wasted so much time now you don't have enough time to shower before you go to work plum!

We need a feature in this game, that makes the sim obey the players' commands no matter what. If I tell the sim sit and eat, they should do that and only that. I want obedient sims not rebels! LOL

:open_mouth: With freewill off? Wow, just wow.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member

Talking about food.

And then I'm like..
    Nooooooo don't pet your dog now just remain seated and eat ! stupid sim! you've wasted so much time now you don't have enough time to shower before you go to work plum!

Yes, because the actions are triggered by other sims. Like, the dog wants to be pet goes near my sims, begs, then she stands up to do that. A guest wants to hug her, so she stands up, another sim who my sim is chatting with at the table, walks away so my sim follows that other sim to continue the conversation, if there are 3 sims at the table, talking, one walks away, and my sim decides to move to their chair to be closer to that other sim who is still sitting etc. etc. There's always something.
  • Options

Talking about food.

And then I'm like..

Yes, because the actions are triggered by other sims. Like, the dog wants to be pet goes near my sims, begs, then she stands up to do that. A guest wants to hug her, so she stands up, another sim who my sim is chatting with at the table, walks away so my sim follows that other sim to continue the conversation, if there are 3 sims at the table, talking, one walks away, and my sim decides to move to their chair to be closer to that other sim who is still sitting etc. etc. There's always something.

And here I thought it was hard just getting my Sim to sing in the contest for Karaoke night. Face/palm. Oi. The thing that is weird (weirder stories) is that the AI is supposed to be so vastly improved. I should have known it was EA being glib. They said the same thing about Sims3 Sims. Face it, in RL people (on the whole) are just as unintelligent. :open_mouth: