Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Be Honest... Does Anyone Still Vacation In Granite Falls?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Yeah I do. I've changed up the lots so that there's more for them do to there but I have lots of sims and especially young families that fit the "Camping in Granite Falls" mode more then sending them to SD or somewhere else mode. I like "growing up" the campsite my sims use while there depending on where they are in their lives or how many sims are going with them. At the end of the day you really only need one rental lot there for your own sims you'll get other sims wandering about regardless of if there are other rental properties or not.

That said I do hope we get more vacation spots to choose from eventually.

I might keep two rental lots -- one for a single Sim or a couple and one family size. I might convert the campground site since camping can be iffy with weather from Seasons because of unexpected rainstorms. Maybe add a spa, and a bar/bowling alley/arcade.

Do Sims act funny when you tell them to sleep in a tent but it’s raining?
    Yeah I do. I've changed up the lots so that there's more for them do to there but I have lots of sims and especially young families that fit the "Camping in Granite Falls" mode more then sending them to SD or somewhere else mode. I like "growing up" the campsite my sims use while there depending on where they are in their lives or how many sims are going with them. At the end of the day you really only need one rental lot there for your own sims you'll get other sims wandering about regardless of if there are other rental properties or not.

That said I do hope we get more vacation spots to choose from eventually.

I might keep two rental lots -- one for a single Sim or a couple and one family size. I might convert the campground site since camping can be iffy with weather from Seasons because of unexpected rainstorms. Maybe add a spa, and a bar/bowling alley/arcade.

Do Sims act funny when you tell them to sleep in a tent but it’s raining?

I generally have my Sims rent a cabin - unless they are just there for fishing and getting herbs - so I don't believe any have been in tents when it was raining. So I can't really say. I'll have to pay more attention the next Sims I send as I have a guy in Strangeville I need to send for herbs and some fishing - he is military so tents seem fitting. Now I am curious. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I do actually and with Seasons installed I have more incentive to actually go to Granite Falls.

It looks so nice during the Winter Time.

My Sims suffer a lot during the Summer time when I send them as Granite Falls is prone to a lot of heat waves and summer showers. There's definitely a certain atmosphere Granite Falls have with seasons, especially at night time.
    5BDxQT2.png

Actually made a camp ground for scouts to go visit for kids while making a group. Which is pretty nifty giving my sim kids something indefinitely to do.

I really like watching NPC sims in the area just sitting down together at a random campfire and just telling stories. I like how it's the only world where the situational outfits are actually appropriate.
    qZEz1B7.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    I am incredibly bored with Granite falls. I spent maybe one vacation there and was bored to tears. I want my sims to explore more. Maybe rock climb, or explore a cave? Maybe bird watch or watch the wildlife. When I went to Granite falls, I just wanted my sim to go out on the patio with a cup of coffee, and take in the scenery. They kind of do, but there's no moodlet from it, no interactions other than sitting at a specific seat, drink the coffee, go back in side.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wish I’d gone more before I got seasons. Now it’d take multiple trips across seasons to do the aspiration and I’m impatient.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I love granite falls for both a summer and winter place, but there is a few things that bother me with the winter part some bugs because the game pack came out before seasons you have to own the lot to light the christmas tree you decorated, also you can't bring your own christmas tree because its not portable. Also another problem I have in order versions of the sims certain sims you can only interact on vacations, now any sim can show up in the vacation lots while you are on vacation. Also since the sims 4 has no story progression you don't get know new young ones from the npc unless you have someone that works at the hospital trying to get a pregnant sim to come in while your working, however Get Famous messed with the Get to Work careers so bad, all my scientist does is just create and update the sam ray to sleep because that is always on the list when he goes to work its like it frooze on that day.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I love granite falls for both a summer and winter place, but there is a few things that bother me with the winter part some bugs because the game pack came out before seasons you have to own the lot to light the christmas tree you decorated, also you can't bring your own christmas tree because its not portable. Also another problem I have in order versions of the sims certain sims you can only interact on vacations, now any sim can show up in the vacation lots while you are on vacation. Also since the sims 4 has no story progression you don't get know new young ones from the npc unless you have someone that works at the hospital trying to get a pregnant sim to come in while your working, however Get Famous messed with the Get to Work careers so bad, all my scientist does is just create and update the sam ray to sleep because that is always on the list when he goes to work its like it frooze on that day.

It would be sweet if sims could at least buy a table top tree for sims to light on the vacation stay at Christmas at least from the little Supply shop there. That way they could keep it separate but still let the Sims have a small light-able version. That must mean no Father Winter either. I've never had my Sims on vacation at Christmas - so did not know that. Can they at least give presents?

My Sims mostly visit OR in the Fall. During the Winter it is JA to get out of the snow and cold. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited March 2019
    I still like Granite Falls, I wish we had a place that looks like granite falls to live. I have a smaller house there to rent , and a larger place with an indoor kitchen, tents and a pool outside ( that looks like a lake). I also have a spa there. And, an outdoor theatre, on the National Park lot, outside the little museum, and I have tents there as well in case my family wants to spend a night there. Not sure how well the outdoor theatre works now with Seasons. I also have a building with a cafe, children’s play room, a game room, internet room, restrooms, small pool, and outdoor play thing for the children. So when they go they can have a real vacation. Oh and I have a lot with an outdoor skating rink.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    I added a spa to my Granite Falls and sent my sims there for a vacation honeymoon.
    Fs6Seuv.png
    The spa makes a difference. It rains a lot at Granite Falls and having a spa gives my sims somewhere to go when the weather is bad.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    My sims still go to Granite Falls quite often. I changed many of the lots to community lots. I do not know why I did not think of doing something similar for Selvadorada. I never go there. Maybe if I change it up a bit I might use it more.

That’s the vibe I’m getting too from this thread. There are a lot of people saying they had either forgotten about it or just don’t ever go. There are also a lot of people saying they go often AFTER they’ve edited the lots to add more things to do. So maybe that’s what I’ll do. Knowing me I’ll probably head to the gallery and see what’s up there that could work for me. I also like the idea of only having 1 residential space you can rent and making the rest commercial.

This is what I usually do. Have one specific cabin for renting and the rest of the lots are places that I want to be able to visit. A spa, a nice natural pool for the summer. A gym with a skating-rink for the winter. Maybe a library if I have a family with kids or a bar if it is a couple of YA:s going out together.

I pretty much go into manage world and plonk down a few known favorites and a unknown wildcard before a sim goes on vacation. There will always be sims milling around so having fun places to go to has made my trips much more interesting.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Vacay to granite falls is still fun, I did group of teenagers only vacation using only tents and stuff and it was awesome experience.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Yes, here're some pictures :3
    I'll add a tree swing there. I also want play interactions between sims. Playing hide & seek in Granite falls would be so funny.

qlwgD4o.jpg

4NBasR1.png

w37Pjxp.jpg

3F1kVBI.jpg
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited March 2019
    NO..

It was such a GREAT concept, but they lacked in the actual feeling of it. The activities are all off screen and I still can not believe who thought this was an acceptable idea. It is NOT.

It would be better if we could first of all place a tent anywhere, rent little cottages or tree houses, have actually sims going on a vacation there for some days and not just townies who pop up there as if it is a cafe on the corner of their street.
    I also miss activities that actually have a meaning and animation like hiking with actual walking and talking while doing so, rock climbing, playing music in harmony, playing fun outdoor games like; kicking a ball around, badminton etc., bug/butterfly catching/searching for kids, hidden spots to come to yourself, swimming in the lakes or under a waterfall perhaps, having more community activities like; disco/music nights or live music around the campfire, food nights with cheap catering service for all toe enjoy and get to know eachother.

I love camping, but if it was like this in RL, i would never go just as how my sims almost never go there anymore.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I still use Granite Falls. I play rotation, so I like to send one family to vacation then login to another family ( usually extended family or friends of the first household) and send them too to the next door house. Both families meet there, have parties.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    NO..

It was such a GREAT concept, but they lacked in the actual feeling of it. The activities are all off screen and I still can not believe who thought this was an acceptable idea. It is NOT.

It would be better if we could first of all place a tent anywhere, rent little cottages or tree houses, have actually sims going on a vacation there for some days and not just townies who pop up there as if it is a cafe on the corner of their street.
    I also miss activities that actually have a meaning and animation like hiking with actual walking and talking while doing so, rock climbing, playing music in harmony, playing fun outdoor games like; kicking a ball around, badminton etc., bug/butterfly catching/searching for kids, hidden spots to come to yourself, swimming in the lakes or under a waterfall perhaps, having more community activities like; disco/music nights or live music around the campfire, food nights with cheap catering service for all toe enjoy and get to know eachother.

I love camping, but if it was like this in RL, i would never go just as how my sims almost never go there anymore.

Well I mean you can have them rent little cottages or tree houses you just have to either to revamp the rental lots yourself and build them or find them on the gallery and place them. Sims can rent anything in a vacation world that is labeled as a rental lot. The cost varies depending on what is on the lot and how much it comes to.

Also you can place a tent wherever you want to some extent. The sim has to place it from their inventory and it's not always a perfect set up but I have used it to have my "homeless" sims camp in various places around different worlds until they could afford to "purchase" their lots.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I actually just had my Sim take a trip to Granite Falls a couple nights ago lol. I really like it but I do think that it gets repetitive if, like me, you tend to play the same types of Sims (traits/aspirations/etc).
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,685 Member
    I love Granite Falls, but I must admit that I've not visited in a while. Mostly I send sims there who need ti find specific berries etc. I also plan for some families to make a living from going there periodically, just have not had time yet to execute it. Would like my richer families to own the cabins there, and as soon as I get the Spa pack, I'll build a tiny retreat there. I want to keep the woods very rural, so when I go there my sims normally stay in the smallest cabins. Love seeing a family there with hardly some electricity, kids not using data etc. It's a good break :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    NO..

Well I mean you can have them rent little cottages or tree houses you just have to either to revamp the rental lots yourself and build them or find them on the gallery and place them. Sims can rent anything in a vacation world that is labeled as a rental lot. The cost varies depending on what is on the lot and how much it comes to.

Also you can place a tent wherever you want to some extent. The sim has to place it from their inventory and it's not always a perfect set up but I have used it to have my "homeless" sims camp in various places around different worlds until they could afford to "purchase" their lots.

I know I can build it myself, but those few lots arent really enough. I ment more something like the previous sims games where there were rental houses on 1 lot and i would also like to decide where my tent should be. Most of the time the tent is totally in the wrong direction and it ruins all my plans or view.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I haven't got to granite falls in so long but this thread makes me want to go now.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I went there when it first came out, haven't been back since!

I didn't play sims4 much the first two years, maybe I need to try it again though :)
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    This thread is definitely inspiring me about all the ideas I want to use when I next reno Granite Falls. I have a sim right now working on doing a Complete Collection save so she'll be spending lots of time in GF at some point or another so this will be perfect for her!
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I have played a lot of outdoor loving sims over the past few years and have spent many happy family vacations in Granite Falls, but I haven't been yet in my current save. I haven't been taking vacations much at all lately, due to an excessive number of twin toddlers in my households. I hope to go back soon. However, like many others in this thread, I'm going to update the lots considerably before I go back. There's just not enough there with only the base game plus Outdoor Retreat items.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    I actually haven't been there since Seasons released and I've been meaning to give it a makeover. But ever since Jungle Adventures came out, Selvadorada is the only place I want to go to.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    I truly forgot I had it. Like others here, I did one vacation when it first came out and I was bored to tears. So I am enjoying all the tips :)
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I always send my families there when there has been major drama in their life. It always seems to help them clear their heads. I use it for honeymoons too
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yeah I send families there as I have changed the lots to include many toddler items. And also couples as I have a very nice spa there. So GF for my sims that are in need of tranquility, peace and quiet. The jungle is more for exploring, finding hidden pools and temples and learn to dance. It's a different kind of vacation to me, but honestly, I'd love a more beachy or snowy world :)