Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Qnshr5 I didn't think your story was sloppy at all. And it was totally spooky. Exactly my type of story. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    October is now closed (sorry I fell asleep before midnight) post coming tomorrow
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Halloween has doe me in .. I will get the blog out tomorrow (and yes you will have an extra day for vote)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @lisabee2 No worries! I think it had the same effect on everyone. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    I am finally home (@ 11:29 pm) to get started on that EOM MSSSC blog. I promise I will get it out tonight. So sorry it has been a LONG month .. about 2 weeks ago I sat bedside while a friend was removed from life support (sudden surgery complications) and passed away while I held her hand. Been a long couple of weeks! We have her life celebration tomorrow ... she was such an amazing person. Add on the demands of RL and holiday celebrations and I am totally exhausted .. so please accept my apologies <3 I had best get off here and get to it <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @lisabee2 No worries! I think it had the same effect on everyone. ^_^
    <3 TY soo much!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Qnshr5 I didn't think your story was sloppy at all. And it was totally spooky. Exactly my type of story. :)

Thanks @katrinasforest I guess I'm was comparing it to what I wanted to submit this month and it didn't feel as scary as that one. After reading your comment on WP, I realized that's ok because it's its own story. I need to stop being my own worst critic. Since I wrote a long response on WP, I'll just say again: Thank you for your encouragement! You really helped me come to a better place in my head.
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I am finally home (@ 11:29 pm) to get started on that EOM MSSSC blog. I promise I will get it out tonight. So sorry it has been a LONG month .. about 2 weeks ago I sat bedside while a friend was removed from life support (sudden surgery complications) and passed away while I held her hand. Been a long couple of weeks! We have her life celebration tomorrow ... she was such an amazing person. Add on the demands of RL and holiday celebrations and I am totally exhausted .. so please accept my apologies <3 I had best get off here and get to it <3

I'm so sorry about your friend. Your touch must have been a comfort to her body and spirit. It's no problem waiting. I'm not trying to speak for everyone, but if you need to go bed then please sleep. No one wants you to burn out or lose your mind just to get this up. We appreciate everything you do. You are an awesome person!
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    TY @Qnshr5 I agree .. I believe she could hear us (there were 3 of us there as she passed) the doctor says it is believed that hearing is the last sense to go. The first two days she really fought but by day 3 she was ready to go .. on the third day all admonitions to keep fighting were replaced by permission to go if she wanted and promises to care for her pups (both are together in a lovely new home) and she chose to go <3

TY for kind ears to hear .. I will quit going on now <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I have the blog done ... be sure to check it for me .. I checked it over pretty good but you know how that goes LOL GL everyone!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: November 2019 Theme & October 2019 Submissions w/ Vote
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member

My condolences. If you need to take any time, feel free. <3
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Sooo sorry to @breckenridge .. I missed your entry last night in the blog last night. Thankfully I have not done much promo yet. I have credited your story with one vote (that is what all but one of the Veteran stories have gotten in the few hours it has been up ... one has 2 votes). It is fixed now be sure to stop by and read. TY to @divanthesimmer for being a sharp eye and catching that before it was too late. Willow
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

My condolences. If you need to take any time, feel free. <3

TY soo much <3 .. today will not be easy or fun but alas not everything in life is ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member

Oh my goodness! @Qnshr5 said it perfectly already, you have nothing to apologize for and your health comes first. We respect that the important things come first. And you must have so many wonderful stories about your friend! I'm sure she's glad to have you and so many other loved ones with her when she passed.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • Options
    Voted! I have to say, I was excited to see what people did with this theme and loved all the different interpretations!

So this time around, I tried to draw in some new voters by writing an accessible story for people unfamiliar with SimLit, and promoting it just... fell flat. Multiple times. But I want you all to know there's something worth sharing here---SimLit has so much honesty and vulnerability that I have trouble finding anywhere else, plus amazing representation, and the community is something special---and that your work is worth appreciating even if you don't get as many eyes on it as you would like. Oh well, I'll keep trying to do my part.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
  • Options
    Qnshr5 wrote: »

Thanks @katrinasforest I guess I'm was comparing it to what I wanted to submit this month and it didn't feel as scary as that one. After reading your comment on WP, I realized that's ok because it's its own story. I need to stop being my own worst critic. Since I wrote a long response on WP, I'll just say again: Thank you for your encouragement! You really helped me come to a better place in my head.

@Qnshr5 Of course! One of the things I love about this group is how encouraging it is. I'm glad I could help. :)
  • Options
    LauraAnneBLauraAnneB Posts: 15 Member
    So many great stories! The vote was really hard this time.
  • Options
    Awesome stories everyone! I was wondering, is anyone participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)? I am. If so, buddy me! My username is arnis1
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Awesome stories everyone! I was wondering, is anyone participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)? I am. If so, buddy me! My username is arnis1

How would that work? Not sure I'll be able to participate, but I'm just interested in learning what exactly it entails.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    This was a super fun month ... the stories were all so fab and it showed in the vote .. very very very tight vote!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: November 2019 Theme & October 2019 Submissions w/ vote WINNER'S UPDATE
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    This was a super fun month ... the stories were all so fab and it showed in the vote .. very very very tight vote!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: November 2019 Theme & October 2019 Submissions w/ vote WINNER'S UPDATE

Thank you to everyone who voted for me and congrats to all the other winners! Every submitted story was great!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Wow, what an honor! I'm proud of this month's submission, so it warms my heart to see other people enjoyed it as well :) And congratulations to @Cement, @Qnshr5, @sharra1978, @divanthesimmer, and @MenaBuchner! And everyone who participated and put themselves out there! Really though, this means a lot to this less well-known veteran. Y'all keep me going.

Has no one posted an entry for this month's challenge yet? The restriction to first person is a great idea for a challenge. I have the outline, but got used to being a Lemony Narrator in my main story; it might take a sec to turn the sass off.
    banner_both.jpg
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Oh, awesome! Second place! Not so bad for a returning entry, hehe 🙈
    Congratulations to my fellow winners @Dollyllama108 and @Qnshr5 for placing in Veterans, and to the Novice winners @sharra1978, @divanthesimmer and @MenaBuchner! <3 🎉
    For all the participants, the stories in October were enjoying to read <3 There are amazing writers around the forum, glad to see them here <3
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options

How would that work? Not sure I'll be able to participate, but I'm just interested in learning what exactly it entails.

Nanowrimo is an event that takes place every November where people around the world try to write a 50,000 word novel in a month (Nov 1-30). You're just writing the rough draft. I've been doing it since 2007 and rarely reach my goal, but I love the challenge and have fun. Now you can set your own goal. Since it's 11 days in, you might not want to try for 50,000 and can pick another number like 30,000 or 20,000 as your goal. It doesn't have to be a novel either. Some people write non-fiction, poetry or short stories. It's about getting yourself disciplined and being creative (and not being a perfectionist). There's a community online and locally in many areas. You can get more information: nanowrimo.org And there's always next year to participate.
    7YZVoCi.png