Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should future Occults be in dedicated Game Packs (like Vampires)?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2019
    Some need dedicated Game Packs, others should be in a Supernatural Expansion Pack (write in the comments)
    If they focus properly on occults, there's still hope we get most of them. For instance, a gp for witches one for werewolves (one for fairies?), and implement the other occults in ep... Like aliens. The question is, indeed, if they decide to focus on occults. 😡

This is exactly how I hope the remaining supernaturals are handled. Put the bigger supes into gamepacks, and merge the smaller ones into an expansion pack.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Supernatural Expansion Pack (slower. can only happen once. but a lot of occults in one pack!)
    If they focus properly on occults, there's still hope we get most of them. For instance, a gp for witches one for werewolves (one for fairies?), and implement the other occults in ep... Like aliens. The question is, indeed, if they decide to focus on occults. 😡

Can't relate to that Angry emoji at the end of your reply more lol. We're starving for new occults
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Dedicated Game Packs (quicker. but only one occult per pack)
    Can't remember what I voted, as I voted a while ago, but I would choose Game Packs for each one.

Allows more freedom, dedication to the one occult, and allows you to pick and choose what you do and don't want :smile:
    I would love fairies, witches, mermaids and dragons, but I don't care for Zombies and werewolves, so being able to not choose to buy them would be great! it's the main thing that bugged me about TS3 Supernatural, you got ALL of them in one pack, with very limited ways of turning them off. And not having them shoved into an expansions as what feels like a last minute addition is nice too
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I don't really care as long as they are fully fleshed out like Vampires
    I would love them to just pump out one occult GP after another as well, but I can't see EAxis doing that before all "realistic" content the community can come up with is out there. And if Sims 4 really is going to end in 2022, all we can hope for is one more Occult GP and one or two smaller occults as part of bigger Packs, such as Mermaids in a beach vacation world.
    And Judging from what Grant said when Get Together was announced, the last thing he would ever want to do is a Supernatural EP. Therefore, I see it as unlikely. But if it still comes and manages to actually flesh out another one and a half or two occults, I'll be happy.

TBH the only thing that stops me from thinking they're done with occults and supernatural stuff is the twitter poll last summer.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Supernatural Expansion Pack (slower. can only happen once. but a lot of occults in one pack!)
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I would love them to just pump out one occult GP after another as well, but I can't see EAxis doing that before all "realistic" content the community can come up with is out there. And if Sims 4 really is going to end in 2022, all we can hope for is one more Occult GP and one or two smaller occults as part of bigger Packs, such as Mermaids in a beach vacation world.
    And Judging from what Grant said when Get Together was announced, the last thing he would ever want to do is a Supernatural EP. Therefore, I see it as unlikely. But if it still comes and manages to actually flesh out another one and a half or two occults, I'll be happy.

TBH the only thing that stops me from thinking they're done with occults and supernatural stuff is the twitter poll last summer.

We can't really assume that EAxis isn't going to do a Supernatural EP based on what Grant thinks about it. Proof? Grant doesn't like family play either yet we have Parenthood and two family oriented Stuff packs.
    The real question here is if doing a Supernatural EP is a better alternative in terms of generating revenue than doing dedicated GPs for occults for EAxis. If they agree that they get more revenue with a Supernatural EP they will surely work on it no matter what some SimGurus like Grant think about it.
  • Options

We can't really assume that EAxis isn't going to do a Supernatural EP based on what Grant thinks about it. Proof? Grant doesn't like family play either yet we have Parenthood and two family oriented Stuff packs.
    The real question here is if doing a Supernatural EP is a better alternative in terms of generating revenue than doing dedicated GPs for occults for EAxis. If they agree that they get more revenue with a Supernatural EP they will surely work on it no matter what some SimGurus like Grant think about it.

True.
    But seeing how much realistic stuff has been put out and how little love Occults have gotten aside from Vampires, they seem to think that far more simmers dislike occults and unrealistic stuff and crave that sweet, sweet realism with laundry and vacuum cleaning and all that than actually want those occults. Despite the Success of the Vampires GP and how well received it was and how it is still very popular.
    They won't do Supernatural EP as long as University and Farming and Island Paradise are still popular demands.

When it comes to Money, any occult themed pack they do is a realistic pack they don't do. And seeing how we've been treated thus far, Witches are the only occult worth getting our hopes up for.
    Of course I could be wrong. In fact, I really hope to be wrong, and they actually do Witches, Mermaids, Werewolves and maybe another occult to be as fleshed out as Vampires and then some smaller occults with less stuff to them (like they did with Aliens) to come with them.
    But seeing how things have been until now and how we're presumably only getting content for Sims 4 until 2021 or 2022, there's not going to be more than one, with a lot of luck two occults to fit in there, unless they heavily change focus and cater to us the same way or even more than they did with the realistic players in the past 5 years. And I've not seen any indication of them doing that.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    And Judging from what Grant said when Get Together was announced, the last thing he would ever want to do is a Supernatural EP.
    What did he say? I wasn't involved with the Sims 4 fandom until Get Famous.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    And Judging from what Grant said when Get Together was announced, the last thing he would ever want to do is a Supernatural EP.

Don't remember the exact words, and I'm not even 100% sure it was him, but it was something like "We don't think that Occults fit the style we want the game to have any more."
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited March 2019
    Don't remember the exact words, and I'm not even 100% sure it was him, but it was something like "We don't think that Occults fit the style we want the game to have any more."
    Ew, gross.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited March 2019
    I was never a huge supernatural player (except for witches), but the way they implemented the 'Vampires' game pack was honestly done very well! I'd like to see each supernatural life state receive its own game pack... mostly because it allows the developers to put more depth into them. Meanwhile, a supernatural expansion pack would be a bit more rushed and would probably lack a lot of possible content that could've been given to us had they released game packs instead.

However, I will say that it wouldn't hurt to combine some supernatural life states into a single game pack. For example, witches and fairies could easily be combined into one pack, since they're both mythical and revolve around magic.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I was never a huge supernatural player (except for witches), but the way they implemented the 'Vampires' game pack was honestly done very well! I'd like to see each supernatural life state receive its own game pack... mostly because it allows the developers to put more depth into them. Meanwhile, a supernatural expansion pack would be a bit more rushed and would probably lack a lot of possible content that could've been given to us had they released game packs instead.

However, I will say that it wouldn't hurt to combine some supernatural life states into a single game pack. For example, witches and fairies could easily be combined into one pack, since they're both mythical and revolve around magic.

Fairies, other than their look, never had anything to them that I couldn't justify giving to Witches instead.
    How bad would it be if they gave the Witches all the Magic, all that fairies could do in Sims 3 as well, and skip the Fairies entirely?
    The Flying would require a Broom and such...
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited March 2019
    Some need dedicated Game Packs, others should be in a Supernatural Expansion Pack (write in the comments)
    I think witches should be their own GP and could include zombies since in ts3 zombies were basically thralls for the witches. I'd also like to see simbots not technically be given their own GP but be a big part of an advanced tech pack. Genies and mermaids could be secret occults in vacation/adventure GP.

Werewolfs and fairies are harder to place since fairies are kinda like witch only with wings and werewolfs don't actually have much to them besides the transformation. So I guess they could add a Frankensteinest occult and tie it to alchemy.
    Post edited by VentusMatt on
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I should hace clicked the last one. ALL of them should be as good as Vampires. It always make me sad when I see Aliens, or even worse, Plantsims. They need to step up superbaturals
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    @TheGreatGorlon
    Welp You done got me started now!

I would imagine Werewolves would be Life State to benefit off of, and the only life state that could essentially mimic the Vampires GP the most. More so than Sorcerers (Witches) actually. It begins with the kind of Werewolf you want to play with.

Pre-Patch:
    Lunar Phases - Every night of the week will be a new Lunar Phase.
    Starting with the Initial First day in game, Sunday, with a New Moon, that way the player has time to build up to a full moon if they have Werewolves.
    With the way the Sims 4 is currently: Every night is a full moon and I want the build up of Adrenaline.
    Plus, Nights of Lunar Eclipses would be epic.

CAS Content
    Human Form + Lycan Form, Similar to how Vampires have a Dark form, when The full moon rises the Sim will shift into Lycan Form.
    Smooth transition animation, into Lycan Form.
    Facial customization, Eye Glow, Claws, Fangs, fur (takes on hair color, if you want it to match)
    Ripped Alterations to sims chosen outfits when shifted.
    New Aspirations:

New Traits:
    Loyal
    Adventurous
    Hunter

Build Objects:
    Vampires was done in the Victorian Style, I was thinking Colonial Period + Victorian for new clothing, Build,Buy objects
    Maybe more greco-roman architecture.

Buy Objects:

Hobbies:
    Archery: Bow and Arrows, Cross bows, Target
    Gardening: Wolfsbane, Mistletoe, Rowan Berry.
    **Wolfsbane, Yes it came with Vampires, but It should also come with Werewolves, considering it is their bane.
    It weakens a werewolf if they get close to it, So if a werewolf goes to even the "seed" of the flower they can be knocked out.
    like Garlic to a Vampire, it repels them also.

Decor
    Wolf Head Wall Mount
    Moose/Deer Head/Antlers Wall Mount
    Bear Head wall Mount
    Bear/Wolf/Buffalo Skin rug.
    Wall Chains -To give an idea of restraint
    I want to build a Abandoned mansion I have the Mansion, but I need to burn it down, also to give it the appearance of broken glass and torn curtains, and such to give it the state of disrepair
    Fallen Chandeliers.

Aside from all that Werewolves would also Benifit off of the Strengths and Weakness System

By default werewolves have:
    Heightened Senses: Smell, Sight, Hearing, Tasting, and Touch. {Finding/locating collectables, tracking other Sims (When they get their scents), when they learn about Wolfsbane they can taste if their meal has been poisoned if Wolfsbane was used as a garnish.
    Rapid Healing & Immunity: Not invincible but should they survive a fire, electricity, or what have you, they'll heal faster. Immune to human viruses, Can no longer get Drunk or High.

There Are Four Ranks
    Rank I: Omega; Rank II: Beta; Rank III: Alpha; Rank IV: Delta
    Werewolves will have multiple options to increase their ranks.
    - Sparring/Fighting
    - Researching Lycan Lore
    - Participating in Packs
    - Using Werewolf Powers
    - Nights of the Full Moon & Lunar Eclipses

Each Werewolf Rank unlocks another row of Powers and Weaknesses to choose from. When Werewolves reach a new Rank, they will be required to choose a weakness, or else they will not be allowed to learn any new powers. Note You cannot become an "Alpha" of the pack if their is already an Alpha in your pack. However you can learn Some new Abilities, Like Howl III and Strength III, but certain powers are Alpha Exclusive, like The Bite. Convince them to become a Delta, If they wish to share the burden with you, if they are dying they may bestow the responsibility on you, gain the support of other pack mates (Severe consequences if the current Alpha finds out you are trying to usurp them) or You can fight it out directly!

Strengths: I used Pack Dynamics to map out Powers, Alpha, Beta, Omega, and Delta You aren't an Alpha because You're powerful, but because you earned that power.

Omega
    • Agility I - Find yourself faster than the average human
    • Control I - 0-25% Control over the Shift during a full moon. most likely your sim will go on a rampage on the town without your approval and have no recollection of the night when they wake up some place. The fun part is for you find a way to keep your sim contained until you learn of a creative way how to control your sim. Advice: Hang out with your Alpha that night... if you have one. don't have an Alpha? I'll pray for you.
    • Howl I - You sound like someone stepped on my aunt's chihuahua.
    • Strength I - You are strong but you also don't know your strength.
    • Empathy - Syphon away another's pain, Physical, and Emotional into you, by simply making physical contact. Example - Sim was Very Tense or Furious for 8 hours, after Werewolf made an Empathetic connection with Sim. Sim is now Tense/Angry for 2 Hours.
    • Werewolf Charm - We invented the "puppy dog" eyes no one can resist.

Beta
    • Agility II - faster then you were as an omega.
    • Control II - 25%- 75% Control over Shift Sim becomes easier to control on a full moon. Can bear their fangs and Claws at will.
    • Endurance I - Ability to withstand painful situations/Environmental Conditions (Can Exercise longer, last longer in the Subzero/Extreme Heat
    • Howl II - Convincing, good enough to gather your buddies, and Howl at the Moon.
    • Strength II - Strong enough to break through walls, and bones.
    • Intimidating Glare - Something the Alpha taught you to terrorize the Omegas, and humans, make your eyes glow with the intensity of the moon. Making them obey you.
    • Wolf Form - The power to turn into an actual Customizable Playable Wolf (Cats and Dogs NOT Required)
    • Child of the Moon - For past millennia, weak werewolves have always feared the moon, but the powerful ones know how to harness it's power. Using less of your own Energy.

Alpha
    • Agility III - faster than you were as a Beta
    • Control III - 100% control over your shift during a Full moon, also control over your Beta's and Omega's Shift. "Command to turn" Animation = Howl/roar. However you are still subject to being a lunatic, during Lunar Eclipse
    • Endurance II
    • Howl III - A Roar to make your friends and enemies to tremble with respect and/or fear.
    • Strength III -
    • The Bite - The power to turn a Human into a Werewolf, If an Alpha bites their Beta a child of theirs who is a werewolf, biting them, takes away their power and turns them human. Three Places: The Side of the abdomen (for faster results), the shoulder, or the Wrist or the Leg. It takes 3 Days max for the sim to turn, Your sim will be in a fragile state, and internally, your sims body will be at war with the Supernatural Forces.
    Indicators that the Bite was a success: the bite mark has Healed the Next morning, Your sim is Confident when they get out of Bed, The Headaches and Anxiety the full moon brings when it's only in the Crescent moon phase. Else: Your sim will die. (We are dealing with the supernatural here, it's not all glitter and unicorns.)
    Drink a Tea of Wolfsbane, and you will live. But forfeit the potential of the Bite being a success should 2 of the 3 indicators have occurred
    • Imbued Claws - This is an ancient trick great Werewolves have devised to "do away with tedious conversations and getting to know others. (Sim Name) will learn other Sims' personalities instantly by visiting their frontal lobe himself/herself." Delve your claws into the vertebrae of the specimen and you will have access to their memories, Traits, Skills, Relationships. You can "Dig Up" that information, "retrieve" The information to learn about sim, "Bury" that information to make them forget.

Delta (Still working on it)
    • Ultimate Control - Control over Self, during
    • Invincible Fur - While in Lycan/Wolf/Beast form, Sim is invincible to the Elements

Weaknesses: Some can be viewed as Strengths but I don't think but do have harsh decisions behind them.

• Beast Form - For those who want their werewolves to to be those big bad CGI Beasts, in movies.
    - Conflicts with Wolf Form
    - Completely Customizable in CAS
    - originally I thought werewolf would Sim would forfeit their Human form. When this is chosen their Human form would be locked, and the sim can only shift back into Lycan form other Than Beast form.
    - To regain Humanity, It could be a cure, it could be the thing/person that kept them human once.
    • Impulsive Canine Disorder "I.C.D." - Makes sim behave more like a Dog than a Human, unlocks:
    - "Belly Rub" animation if a Child/Toddler tried to pet or rub a werewolf with "Hates Children" train they will growl, bear fangs, and scare the child.
    - "Play Fetch" animation
    - "Sniff Inappropriately" animation
    - "Roll in Trash" animation
    -"Dig for no reason" animation
    • Intense Heat - Sim will feel the need to mate periodically in waves.
    • Senseless - All your Heightened senses don't work like they use to
    • Slow Healing - Sim is no longer immune and doesn't heal as fast.
    • Lone Wolf - Unbinds werewolf from the Alpha that bit them. If you don't wish to be part of the Pack, Sim will be made an enemy of said pack. Not permanent, You can revive the relationship obviously with the original Pack, or Build your own.

There is no cure for Lycanism, only the Alpha's bite again will undo it... if they want to.

and if there is room for a a world I'd like a Vast Oak/Pine/Birch forest as a residential Neighborhood. The Forest/Woods could be one giant "National park" with wild life, Also, it's private neighborhood, but tourists could come to see the Mansions, Like Newport Mansions.

Two 100x100 Lots
    -On the west side, of the Map (The Great Oak section of the forest) I need a 100x100 Lot on a cliff side by a Lake or Ocean for my Werewolf Family, The Jordans. Think Xavier mansion in X-men Evolution, I have the mansion, I just need the lot, I want to design their entire estate myself.
    - On the East side, I need a 100x100x lot (Incase we don't get a Farming GP/EP) this lot will be in a clearing outside of the Birch section of the forest.

Two 85x85 Lots.
    -One to the North, the Pine section in the More mountainous terrain, overlooking the Forest
    -The other to the south at the foot of the mountains, near the opening of the Forest.

Two 64x64 Lots,
    Mid East and Mid-West lots between the North and South Mansions.

So a total of 6 Lots. Also! to the South of the forest, I'd like a Skyline in the Distance of a City Maybe New York City, Providence, San Myshuno if you must. Just to make it seem like it's not the middle of no where.

That's all I'd offer for the pack.
    Shall I go on to Sorcerers? It's really not that much, and not that complicated I would think, when you consider half of this content already exists, they just need to manipulate it into another pack. it's just new animations a new world and a slightly different concept. but the skeletal structure already exists.

This sounds AMAZING! I am all for almost any feature in my game if it's given DEPTH and REPLAYABILITY! This for sure hits all those marks!
  • Options

I can ABSOLUTELY guarantee this quote is erroneous.
  • Options
    I am so sad that aliens were shoved into Get to Work as an afterthought!! I keep daydreaming about an "Aliens From Sixam" game pack where you can visit their homeland in space and even live there! Imagine aliens getting their own weakness and power tree! I love the aliens in the game but can clearly see how they are not super in depth as they could have been!
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »

Do you know the actual quote, or is that just wishful thinking on your part?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see them doing another GP for only one supernatural unless it's magic and I'd rather have it be an EP to get a magic neighborhood and hidden lots and all the different types of creatures that are magical, not just witches, but genies, elves, fairies and even a normal sim in the MAGIC profession (entertainer). If we got a magic power ladder like vampires got, and all the CAS items, we could make any of those easily. This would add several magical sims to our games.

I could see one EP for the rest of the lesser occults that don't require as much as vampires and magic would require. If we ever got an island vacation, we could even get merfolk in that pack as a bonus.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't see them doing another GP for only one supernatural unless it's magic and I'd rather have it be an EP to get a magic neighborhood and hidden lots and all the different types of creatures that are magical, not just witches, but genies, elves, fairies and even a normal sim in the MAGIC profession (entertainer). If we got a magic power ladder like vampires got, and all the CAS items, we could make any of those easily. This would add several magical sims to our games.

I could see one EP for the rest of the lesser occults that don't require as much as vampires and magic would require. If we ever got an island vacation, we could even get merfolk in that pack as a bonus.

I think you are overestimating the scope of what 1 EP can do.
    Sims 3 Supernatural was about the Occults, and it added 4 of them. 5 if you count both vampires and zombies, 3 if you count neither the zombies nor the vampires since they were in the city EP as well. Additional stuff for Vampires, Witches, Werewolves, Fairies, Alchemy, a new world full of Occults, the ability to make most occults in CAS. That was a Sims 3 EP, and those 4 Occults were as lacking as those added as an on-the-side-thing in other EPs, with the exception of Witches, since they had more stuff to do and the alchemy skill going for them, even though everyone could use it.
    Sims 4 packs may be slightly bigger than Sims 3 packs in absolute numbers, but many simmers subjectively feel like they are a lot smaller.
    The Vampires GP is one of if not the largest game packs when it comes to how much content it added.
    An EP focused on occults could very well flesh out one occult to a level that matches the Vampires. Maybe even a second one. But that would probably be it. There is only so much they can put into each pack.
    They can do one big Occult, and then several smaller ones, with about as much content to them as Aliens got in GTW at the most. But even then, we're talking about 3 additional Occults at the most.
    I suspect that those additional Occults would be there to complement the big occult. Possibly, one of the smaller Occult would not be playable but be summoned as a thrall.

If I were to bet what would be in a Sims 4 Supernatural EP, assuming there's no Witches GP, it would be Witches as the main focus, with the world, about the size of willow creek, maybe one neighborhood smaller, be themed around witches and have some middle ages inspiration, but with a lot of Hogwarts, Diagon Alley and the Borrow vibes. Maybe with some corners that look more like Borgin and Burkes.
    All places from Harry Potter.
    With Werewolves and maybe, just maybe Fairies, as Occults with less content to them, comparable to Aliens, and play a smaller role in the grand scheme of things. And then non-playable Zombies, who can be summoned by a powerful Witch and does her/his bidding, including biting normal NPC Sims, temporarily turning them into Zombies too.
  • Options

I don't have the quote, but I have common sense. They would never say this, so it's an obvious misquote.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

I don't have the quote, but I have common sense. They would never say this, so it's an obvious misquote.

It was something along those lines.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »

It was something along those lines.

I couldn't find the original message, but from what I can gather, SimGuruGraham was responding to questions on the German site about why Get Together did not have a supernatural. He basically said it didn't fit the concept of the pack. That's all. Someone translated his message badly, which made some simmers think he was talking about the game in general.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14324398/#Comment_14324398
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14338999/#Comment_14338999
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14340869/#Comment_14340869
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14340919/#Comment_14340919

See how misinformation and rumors get twisted into something else entirely? Graham says that supernaturals didn't fit the concept of Get Together, and that turns into: "Grant said the last thing he would ever want to do is a Supernatural EP."
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    As one who isn't a fan of supernatural themes in my game, I think occults work best as Game Packs. It just works out for those that don't use supernatural beings in our games. From what I've heard Vamps Game Pack is great and I'd want supernatural fans to get more fleshed out occults.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I feel like witches can be an expansion. Not as witches in a lifestate, but a kind of 'learn magic' pack with reality altering spells
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.