Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New camera changes/restrictions?

Firstly, I had no idea where to post this. Not sure if it's a bug, or a feature in an update or really if it's even a question. I guess it's more so a "anyone else have this problem? Is it normal".
These forum changes have me completely stumped and the "new topic" or "new discussion" button has been removed from a lot of these boards for me so I have no idea if that's even normal, I haven't played for quite sometime.

So, I've found that the camera (I play with the Sims 3 camera style) no longer will let me zoom in up close to my sim, nor will it allow me to go lower down than waist high...
This is as far in as I can literally go... Both zoomed in and in terms of moving the camera lower...
mMnWSsl.jpg

I never remember having this restriction before? I use to be able to zoom right up to my sims face and watch them eat and drink... Now I seem restricted to viewing only the whole upper half of my sim. What gives?
I've also found when doing the 'auto follow' on my sim the sim is no longer centered (as they use to be), he's now positioned more to the left, leaving a huge gap of nothing in the middle/right side...

nCQM9x9.jpg

Is this normal? Is this a new *cough* worst *cough* update they've brought out that has changed the way the camera operates? I'm aware they added a first person mode, but wasn't aware they were going to change up other camera features as well.

Comments

• Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    That's strange. I use the Sims 3 camera style as well and mine is working just fine. It sounds like your game is using the Sims 4 camera. Are you sure your game didn't switch camera styles on you?
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I haven't noticed a difference. The positioning of the sims with the Follow interaction has been like this always though. You can move around the sims in that mode and it can reposition a bit.

I javen't noticed any changes in zooming either but in the first pic it looks like the ground is a little elevated, maybe that's restricting. This has always been a thing that something bounces the angle off in certain camera positions.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Make sure that it happen anywhere else not just in a specific world, if it's latter I would say it's bug, intended or the terrain is a bit higher than other world.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Make sure that it happen anywhere else not just in a specific world, if it's latter I would say it's bug, intended or the terrain is a bit higher than other world.

Well actually, funny you mention this. Its the first time i've played in the get famous world (previously i've just played in flat worlds). I'll head off to another world and see if the problem persists.
  • Options
    RaevynRaevyn Posts: 428 Member
    Ok, upon checking with another character in a different world, I can view my full sim from ankle up. So I'm suspecting that it MIGHT be something to do with the raised terrain.