Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello...its me: Adding wall mount and counter-top telephones.

Excuse the overused Adele meme but hey, at times you just gotta do what the moment asks for.

Speaking of asking, what the plum is EA's deal with sims just using cellphones?
Am I the only simmer whose wondering why crazy old Mr Wilson next door is shouting into a silver metal rectangle instead of a chunky handset lovingly given to him by concerned family?

As assumed, this thread is going to be ridiculously simple and straight forward with it's intent of requesting content, and that content is...more phone options!

Why am I asking for such a silly and small thing? because of realism and the fact myself and plenty of others miss our sims going to the kitchen or to a nearby surface to answer a phonecall from sweet crazy grandpa whose lost his teeth again.

Just being frank, myself and other simmers miss handsets and those big chunky counter objects that ring throughout the house and always cut off right before we make it to the room.

Yes, it's not worth mentioning and no doubt I will be dubbed a time and forum space waster for this post but, as the guru's always tell us, I'm saying what I want in hopes they hear and someone throws out a working surface phone I can stick to a table or wall and enjoy silently loathing as my sim's child hogs the landline by talking to Jimmy Plumbutter from Del Sol Valley instead of just time warping over to his place.

Could EA put a sims 4 twist on it? Sure.
Should they? Probably not but hey if it raises the chance of it happening then bring on the glitches and pointless swatches.

We. Want. Handsets.

Why? Because realism.

When do we want them? Before Mr Wilson's heart explod--Whoops too late. Well before Bob Pancakes realises his marriage is a big lie and finds someone who adores him and his obsession with Eggs, flour and milk.

Bring forth the phones! Please.

As usual, comment with what you'd like to see phone related, maybe a certain design or colour, maybe a function or Easter egg!

Let the gurus hear our plea!

Comments

• Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Yes, I want this in my game too, I don't care that they're outdated!
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Absolutely... I miss the realism too - at the moment all I can do is use cc as decor:

phone1.png

phone2.png
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Agreed. I don't get why they don't have those phones in the game. Maybe using your house phone has become rarer, but it's not like public buildings don't still use counter top phones.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    There should be a "Luddite" trait added into the sims for those who want to eschew technology and may even intentionally break electronic gizmos. This would be great for the "get green" and "living on the farm" expansions that players have been wanting for long time.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    Without my wall phone or old dial up on the table, I can't tell the stories in my head. I know they want to make us think everyone in the world has given up this technology but it isn't true (not yet) and the stories in my head require (often) that Elizabeth get that phone in the drawing room. Without the phone in the game, modders can't invent a workable (dial up) for a story in my head which involves the 1960's and not 2019. Why you guys want to put water on my imagination? (Rain on my parade). If the phone existed then I know someone could retexture it into that old black dial up. Same with news papers, Sherlock looks for cases from the news papers, Maxis. Sure, I like the new modern day Holmes and Watson, but C'mon I also like playing my Victorian Watson and Holmes so why can't I have a news paper? I also liked my Sims to gain their logic from the puzzles in the papers instead of always having to play chess. More choices isn't a step backwards, but a way to give me the tools to play my imagination.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Agreed. Even in an age where more and more people are ditching landline phones for using their cell exclusively, there are still a lot of people who have a landline at home. For some, it's for emergency reasons: If cell service suddenly goes down in your area and you need to reach emergency services or friends/family, there's a good chance your landline is still functioning, making it a good backup. For others, they might actually (and I know this might be shocking for some) don't keep their phones by their side all the time when they're at home. They might leave them hooked up to a charger up in the bedroom or turn them off when they get in the house. My mother frequently leaves her phone upstairs in her purse when she's home and has a bad habit of letting the battery (and sometimes her service time) run out. In instances like that, our landline at home is a vital communication resource that allows me to get through to my family even when they leave their cell at the other end of the house or (in my mother's case) just let the darn battery run dry. Landlines still have a place in our lives, and it's still kind of a pain that they aren't in this game.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.