Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

19 years of The Sims - Happy anniversary!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I don't remember the first time I ever played The Sims - I suspect it was probably around my best friends house. I think we actually played it on console before PC. We used to go round each others houses and have sleepovers where we'd just sit around and play The Sims - and see how many different ways we could torture poor Mortimer. I remember when The Urbz came out, my friend got the game right away and we literally spent the entire weekend glued to it. Her Mum still calls it 'the great weekend of the unwashed' and tries to embarrass us by telling as many people as she can about it.

When I think about what the Sims means to me, the first thing that comes to mind is the hours spent with my friend. We still play and talk about it today - though not together as we live 200 miles apart. The second thing is that it's always been a game I can come to no matter what I'm feeling like.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Winthorpe wrote: »
    Five years apart, these are families I have been playing for nearly seven years and the Sims 2 itself for 11 years! It is the best ever game I have ever played.
    51577584_2193303517396631_3107573284363829248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fbkk5-3.fna&oh=eff2f684d5f4119096cd2f68d52bbde1&oe=5D0038DB

@Winthorpe that's really impressive!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited February 2019
    19 Years! Wow! I have been playing the Sims since day 1 & it's my favorite game of all time. My younger brother used to play The Sims 1, and he'd be on the computer for hours, basically hogging the computer. I was so curious what he playing and then I started playing and rest is history, as they say. I think some of my fondest memories was when I got all my friends hooked on the game (this was when Sims 2 was out). I would throw a "Sims Party" and my friends would come over and we'd all be on our own individual computers gaming. These were the quietest parties I've ever thrown, as it's complete silence for 6-8 hours straight as each of us are engrossed in our own games! That's the Sims magic where you can get lost for hours, forget about the outside world, maybe even forget to eat LOL.

I think what I love most about The Sims itself is that there's no wrong/right way to play. I love communicating with other Simmers because I always find out something new, or someone might inspire me to play different. The stories that can be told, the creativity to unleash is endless. It doesn't matter if you're 13 or 65, this is a game for everyone. I'll also add that a few times that I've gone back to play The Sims 2 or a previous iteration, I always find out something new. & here I thought all these years later, that I did everything that was possible to do in the game. But then I go back to play and my alien Sim gets bitten by a wolf, turning him into a hybrid between alien/werewolf & I could "savage" and turn other Sims werewolf. Wow, where was I at all this time, because I didn't know that was a thing until recently. That's what I love most! You might think you've discovered everything there is to discover and then you realize that you've probably barely scratched the surface.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2019
    Evalen wrote: »
    wow I can't believe that I have been playing the sims for 19 yrs. And I still love it.

Wow. I feel the same way! 19 years? I feel old :lol:

I am old LOL :D Great Grandmother of a 3 oldest is 16
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I have been playing the sims since Sims 1 came out in 2000. Then came the Sims 2 which I loved. Then the Sims 3, which I still play and enjoy and then the Sims 4. I never really got into the Sims 4. I just couldn't leave all the things in the Sims 3 like open worlds and cars. It has been an amazing journey. I hope there will be a Sims 5 somewhere in the future.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg