Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Update is out Now!!!!

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Ahhhhhh! Well I guess I need to work my butt off today, so that I have all day tomorrow to finally play around with the new stuff! Happy dance!
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Is this the patch that comes before an expansion or is it a separate patch?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I've waited for this! I'm way excited!!
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Click on link Twitter Linking is broke on the forums.

Legacy says there is so much they can't list it all and that includes bug fixes.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm so excited / worried lol ^_^
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Super excited and ready!
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Thats really Cool! Its going to be huge then by the sounds of it
  • Options
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    Currently downloading it. Looks like a good patch - I'm really happy about being able to add my own job description in now so all my authors and gardeners aren't 'unemployed' when they speak to other sims.
  • Options
    Can someone post pics of the new lots,sims and rooms in the library?
  • Options
  • Options
    The New CAS Sims that you see when first loading up CAS on Pc made it to the Consoles.
  • Options
    Anne_713Anne_713 Posts: 12 New Member
    Anyone else having issues with no whims?
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Anne_713 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with no whims?

You have to manually turn it back on in game options after the update I think.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    There's some quality knee-slappers in the patch notes this time. Also happy to have a patch for the game, thanks for not neglecting us, Sims Team.
  • Options
    Anne_713Anne_713 Posts: 12 New Member
    [quote="xingyicaicn;c-16937545"][quote="Anne_713;c-16937540"]Anyone else having issues with no whims?[/quote]

You have to manually turn it back on in game options after the update I think. [/quote]

I’ll have to take a look next time I get ready to play. Took me about half an hour to realize they weren’t even there!
  • Options
    Um I could be mistaken but did Sims always used to glow with stars when they were "Very Happy?"
  • Options
    Also now Careers don't need specific emotions for promos just a positive one. So that is a cool update ^_^
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The more I think about it the more I'm wondering if either A) this is a combination of a couple different patches from PC (Novemver + December) but without all the patch notes.
    Or
    B) its a patch made of select fixes from Nov/Dec.

In either case I am happy for what we got.I feel as though somehow the game feels snappier Sims are making quicker decisions. I dunno.

Also that bloom lighting is beautiful ^_^
  • Options
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I have been away from my console, so does this update come with the style influence job broken, or fixed?
  • Options
    omghappyfaceomghappyface Posts: 5 New Member
    There are definitely some little goodies involved here, but mostly the small things. The larger items are literally the things I couldn’t care less about. Maybe it’s just me, but given the choices of stuff we don’t have on console, first person camera and terrain tools would be near the bottom on my list of priorities.

The gallery, on the other hand, would be on top. In all caps. With like 76,204,737 exclamation points. I can imagine it’s the most difficult thing to bring over, which is why it’s taking so long. But it’s almost adding insult to injury when the update includes only a tiny number of new lots. If the gallery wasn’t coming, I would have at least been (semi) mollified with a decent number of lots to keep me entertained for a while. Especially considering what a pain in the posterior it is to build on console :(
  • Options
    Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    guys i don't know if anyone else had caught this, but when you open the library and click LOTS, the game crashes, ever since the new update. i was kind of looking forward to the new houses built. theres a new prefab lot for frosty, and i can't even view it until they patch this. it's already buggy, and im angry. I work in electronics Components, building boards and testing equipment. i know firsthand, if it's not ready you don't release it. but this seems to be a common practice with EA. we're pushy as console users, and expect them to update us like pc. im one of the pushy ones. this is what we get for asking for things too soon. But ive notified EA of the exact paths i took to get to the crash, and reported everything in detail. hopefully it's not long before we see some improvement.