Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Update is out Now!!!!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Paigec945 wrote: »
    guys i don't know if anyone else had caught this, but when you open the library and click LOTS, the game crashes, ever since the new update. i was kind of looking forward to the new houses built. theres a new prefab lot for frosty, and i can't even view it until they patch this. it's already buggy, and im angry. I work in electronics Components, building boards and testing equipment. i know firsthand, if it's not ready you don't release it. but this seems to be a common practice with EA. we're pushy as console users, and expect them to update us like pc. im one of the pushy ones. this is what we get for asking for things too soon. But ive notified EA of the exact paths i took to get to the crash, and reported everything in detail. hopefully it's not long before we see some improvement.

PS4 or Xbox?
  • Options
    Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Paigec945 wrote: »
    >
    > guys i don't know if anyone else had caught this, but when you open the library and click LOTS, the game crashes, ever since the new update. i was kind of looking forward to the new houses built. theres a new prefab lot for frosty, and i can't even view it until they patch this. it's already buggy, and im angry. I work in electronics Components, building boards and testing equipment. i know firsthand, if it's not ready you don't release it. but this seems to be a common practice with EA. we're pushy as console users, and expect them to update us like pc. im one of the pushy ones. this is what we get for asking for things too soon. But ive notified EA of the exact paths i took to get to the crash, and reported everything in detail. hopefully it's not long before we see some improvement.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > PS4 or Xbox?

PS4.
  • Options
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    > guys i don't know if anyone else had caught this, but when you open the library and click LOTS, the game crashes, ever since the new update. i was kind of looking forward to the new houses built. theres a new prefab lot for frosty, and i can't even view it until they patch this. it's already buggy, and im angry. I work in electronics Components, building boards and testing equipment. i know firsthand, if it's not ready you don't release it. but this seems to be a common practice with EA. we're pushy as console users, and expect them to update us like pc. im one of the pushy ones. this is what we get for asking for things too soon. But ive notified EA of the exact paths i took to get to the crash, and reported everything in detail. hopefully it's not long before we see some improvement.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > PS4 or Xbox?

PS4.

I let SimGuruJoystick on Twitter know.
  • Options
    SimGuruJoystickSimGuruJoystick Posts: 1 SimGuru
    edited February 2019
    @Paigec945 could you post some detail steps to get the crash you are reporting? As of right now we are not seeing this issue. One question, can you get into your library and how many lots do you have saved?
  • Options
    I load the game, and load the house i'm working on in Brindleton. its a small house, not a lot of items on the lot. In the top right I open the library. From there i select lots from the left hand side of the library, and as soon as I click it, my game blackscreens and then Playstation sends me a blue error report screen.
  • Options
    > @SimGuruJoystick said:
    > @Paigec945 could you post some detail steps to get the crash you are reporting? As of right now we are not seeing this issue. One question, can you get into your library and how many lots do you have saved?

Im in the lot called Catscratch Cottage, when i load the library. if that helps. ive removed everything from the house before the new update. i was attempting to delete the lot and replace it with another lot prebuilt in the community library, for instance we just got the frosty lot. i went to view the lots we had just received with the update, and upon clicking lots, it freezes. i have to restart the game from there. i've repeated the same steps 3 times now and each time is the same.
  • Options
    emxlyemxly Posts: 12 New Member
    Is anyone else noticing lag where there never was before the update? I'm using a PS4 Pro if it helps
  • Options
    @emxly mine's been lagging since the last update, so a few months now. but it could depend on how many installs you've got. i have every dlc and pack available on ps4 to us, even pre-order for Get Famous. Every time i downloaded one, the game got a little slower. so that impacts the game.

also, if you're in build mode and it's lagging, you could have too many items on the lot. there's a lot in Brindleton Bay thats 65 x 65. i put a premade estate on it that was 3 floors. the thing is huge. well i cant update anything on that lot because its so laggy, but thats due to the amount of crap on each floor in each square. it takes alot out of your game.
  • Options
    @SimGuruJoystick as of 8:45 pm EST. I am able to access the library and lots no longer freezes.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I'm glad that first person got added to sims 4 console, now I can begin my experiments when it comes to what I have in mind. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I Don't have lag but in build mode when I press on the furniture tab it takes it a minute to load but I've had that before the update and not something I'd bore with the gurus just because it doesn't bother me that much
  • Options
    @emxly mine's been lagging since the last update, so a few months now. but it could depend on how many installs you've got. i have every dlc and pack available on ps4 to us, even pre-order for Get Famous. Every time i downloaded one, the game got a little slower. so that impacts the game.

also, if you're in build mode and it's lagging, you could have too many items on the lot. there's a lot in Brindleton Bay thats 65 x 65. i put a premade estate on it that was 3 floors. the thing is huge. well i cant update anything on that lot because its so laggy, but thats due to the amount of plum on each floor in each square. it takes alot out of your game.

It might also depend on how many other games you have on your console. Try an external drive for TS4 and see how that works.
  • Options
    We have a new dresser with the update to is called trendsetters dresser
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    The time jumping back and forth on ultra speed bug is finally fixed!!! B)
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Does anyone else feel like Whims are changed as well? I'm seeing Whims I've never seen before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    With the recent patch, I must say I much prefer altering the foundations from the original slide bar than the new clicking on the room and heightening it that way.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    With the recent patch, I must say I much prefer altering the foundations from the original slide bar than the new clicking on the room and heightening it that way.

It's definitely kind of new and weird, but I like that you can have different foundation heights now.
  • Options
    LOW wrote: »
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like Whims are changed as well? I'm seeing Whims I've never seen before.

Did you buy any packs recently?

No! That's the thing I've been using the same packs for a while now (months) and I didn't know some of these whims existed! Its really amazing lol
  • Options
    > @catloverplayer said:
    >
    > @emxly mine's been lagging since the last update, so a few months now. but it could depend on how many installs you've got. i have every dlc and pack available on ps4 to us, even pre-order for Get Famous. Every time i downloaded one, the game got a little slower. so that impacts the game.
    >
    > also, if you're in build mode and it's lagging, you could have too many items on the lot. there's a lot in Brindleton Bay thats 65 x 65. i put a premade estate on it that was 3 floors. the thing is huge. well i cant update anything on that lot because its so laggy, but thats due to the amount of plum on each floor in each square. it takes alot out of your game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It might also depend on how many other games you have on your console. Try an external drive for TS4 and see how that works.

i have a terabyte harddrive in my system and an external of a terabyte as well. i can assure you thats not the issue. it wasn't like this until the update. my favorite town to use is brindleton bay, and its rendered it almost useless now since the update. even pulling it up on my boyfriends playstation (he owns the game as well), with only 1 made sim household and no edited homes, it still lags and freezes. so it's not the system. i work in electronics distribution, i work on motherboards and test equipment for a living. it's always my first thought to assume it's the hardware. im dealing with it as it is, because i love the game and choose to suffer through the glitches for my own enjoyment. i will mention that im a little unsure of how get famous is gonna hold up. with every dlc they release the game gets a little slower on console. i have every dlc theyve released to date, and i see it firsthand how bogged it's getting.
  • Options
    NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Have you tried to clear the cache? Also look if you don't have to many sims loaded in. On xbox one x my recommended number is 150. No lag. Well loadtime has gone up a bit. But in live mode or buildmode no lag.

Is the sims installed on internal hdd or external? If external then try to copy every thing to internal and look if you have the same problems. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    How does one clear the cache on a PS4?
  • Options
    NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Oh eh sorry, im on xbox. No ps4 here. Sorry i could not help.
  • Options
    Go to your game logo and it's around there if you press one of the buttons it should bring up options to clear it if not try searching it :)