Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which premade lots do you always replace?

In my many saves I have demolished all sorts of lots for my own use. Since I seem to play Windenburg and San Myshuno a lot, I've noticed that I almost always knock down the Pan Europa in Windenburg or the Waterside Warble in San Myshuno.

The Pan Europa has become an outdoor restaurant, a warehouse/home conversion, another restaurant, a park. Many things, it's my favorite lot to use in Windenburg. The Waterside Warble has become a couple different restaurants, a sidewalk photography business, a food truck lot, a movie theater, an outdoor movie theater, another warehouse/home conversion. Actually, the Old Salt House has become a park at least 2 times.

Anyway, what are YOUR favorite lots to demolish and use for your own particular needs?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Most of them. Some I've replaced with made over versions from the Gallery but the majority I just bulldoze and replace with Gallery lots.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    absolutely everything. like simgirl, a few of mine are replaced with made over or upgraded versions, though even a lot of that is just a totally redone lot with the same lot type and name, nothing else of the original left but most are vastly different

actually, there's one lot that i haven't replaced yet. the 'forest' in granite falls. even the hermit's hut got a remodel, and the hospital, police station and science lab. but the forest is still the same, just with a few tents and things added in
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    - that ridiculous gym in Windenburg.
    - the library in Willow Creek.
    - the museum in Willow Creek
    - the karaoke bars in San Myshuno.

And all of the pre-existing residential lots.
  • Options
    LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    I think that movie memorabilia museum in Del Sol Valley is always going to be replaced in my saves. Besides a one time novelty visit, it doesn't seem like it has much use.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Literally everything. Im a builder and thats what I do 🤣
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I tend to replace everything in all maps with gallery builds, including apartments in San Myshuno, but never Vlad's mansion in Forgotten Hollow. That mansion is iconic to me, as is Vlad, so it has become taboo to remove either of them.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Museums. Other things usually stay.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Everything. Though, for some like the gym in Willow Creek, I kept the bare bones of the building, added a basement, with a pool, suana and hot tubs and massage area. Main floor has the gym equipment and climbing machines from fitness stuff. The top floor is a yoga studio, snack bar and a little playpen for my sims with toddlers. Outside, there's a basketball court, a roller rink and monkey bars for the kids.

The lounge in SM, because of Seasons, I added a roof and walls, but with full glass windows. Put in a dance floor as well.

I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Mostly the lots in worlds where my sims frequent most. Nearly everything in WC, except for that huge white mansion - it's too beautiful. The rest is so generic looking, I end up replacing it with either a couple builds from the gallery or attempt my own. Keyword here is 'attempt'. Oh, and most of the apartments in San Myshuno and the boring bars in Oasis with a few more adult activities.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I don't know if there's any I ALWAYS replace, cause my games are pretty inconsistent, but there are definitely some that are pretty frequently done away with. Everything in Magnolia Promenade, for instance. That other cafe in Windenberg, the "not the south square" one, I don't even remember what it's called, lol. I usually replace the in game ruins with some cooler looking ones too. That's probably it for the "basically always replaced" ones.

There are others I USUALLY replace, but I'll still sometimes leave them, depending on the type of game I'm playing, so I won't go into listing all of those ones here, lol.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I remodel more than I replace. For example, just adding a door from the lobby into the area with the exercise equipment makes a big difference. I also added an indoor basketball court in the basement next to the pool, and I made room to add a few of the wall-climbers from Fitness Stuff. I kept the Discotheque Pan Europa but I changed The Narwhal Arms into a lounge. Cafes seemed to be broken so I replaced the one on the docks with a seafood restaurant, and the one in Old Town with a karaoke club.

Magnolia Promenade is probably the biggest change because it's my entertainment district. I have another karaoke club there, plus a nightclub, a lounge and a bar.

Willow Creek still has the museum (I have a wedding venue in the basement), but I also has a bowling alley/bar, a diner, and a spa; I moved the library to the Potter Splay lot and used a different lot.

Oasis Springs has anothe bowling alley (though I may replace it with something else), The Solar Flare lounge that I converted to a nightclub, my CelebuSims Gym and a burger joint (basically I took the Hogan's Burger Stand and enclosed it after Seasons was released). I also have a community pool where Johnny Zest's trailer is.

Newcrest has a combination of community lots and housing; another spa, a library, a park, a small community pool and a restaurant (The Breakfast Club from one of LilSimsie's save files). I also have a vet clinic but I may replace that with a house and just go with the clinic in Brindleton Bay since my Sims don't have pets all that often. I also have an indoor play park for when my Sim kids want to play but it's too rainy or snowy.

San Myshuno: I turned The Old Salt House into a bowling alley/lounge, built a restaurant, World's View, on the penthouse lot in the Arts Quarter, and replaced the Stargazer Lounge with a residential penthouse, Uptown Glass, from the library (it was a 1BR olace but I remodeled it to make it a 4BR with lots of cool fun stuff).

I haven't done much with Brindleton Bay other than concentrate most of the commercial area in downtown near the docks -- have a small spa, gym, and library, plus replaced the Salty Dog Saloon with a vegetarian restaurant. Looking for either a nightclub or lounge for the space near the harbor.

Del Sol Valley I converted one of the lounges (Orichid a Go Go) to a karaoke bar, replaced the small park with a clothing store (eventually my Sims will buy it out after they've unlocked all the career outfits) and added a spa and a fancy restaurant, and I moved my Arts and Science Center from Newcrest to the Pinnacles. I moved Judith Ward to a San Myshuno penthouse and aged her to an elder.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    just about all of them. the community lots anyway. and a few of the houses too. im more than sick of all the ea lots by now. i like variety and i have a short attention span
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I replace/remodel a lot, but the first thing that comes to mind is the Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno. In each of my 11 saves it became Stargazers, a restaurant. And most of my Sims have their dates there. I can't seem to grow tired of the location and the views.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I always replace the stores in Magnolia Promenade usually turning it into a residential neighborhood. In Oasis Springs I always replace the museum & lounge (not Rattlesnake Juice, I love that bar, the other one, Solar something) with the bowling alley & Hogans Burger Bar. Those two lots seem to go best on that row for me, & make a great family night out. Sometimes I'll replace the gym in Willow Creek with a restaurant, usually L'Attente Bistro, but I left it in this save & put L'AB in the blank lot instead.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2019
    All the house lots with my own but I tend to upgrade Community lots with stuff from the newer packs. I'm only now, after 4 years trying to build my own. I've managed a cafe, museum, restaurant and swimming pool so far. They are quite difficult to get working properly. For me anyway.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    adding a door from the lobby into the area with the exercise equipment makes a big difference.

I can't tell you how many times I added a door to the Windenburg gym.
    Del Sol Valley I ... replaced the small park

I put a restaurant there. I can't imagine downtown DSV without a restaurant. Actually I made the Brown Derby, a legendary restaurant in old L.A. that was popular with celebs.

the Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno ...became Stargazers, a restaurant... I can't seem to grow tired of the location and the views.

Yes, it's the perfect location for a roof top restaurant.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I think the only ones I ever replaced in any of my games were, the solar flare lounge which I replaced with a gallery version of it that had bowling and the von haunt mansion where I used an edited residential version.

I do replace several of the retail stores in Mongolia Promenade though, since I don't really play retail lots very often.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    I tend to replace premade lots with updated/better versions of the same lot if I don't outright change the whole venue. I just get kind of bored seeing the same planet honey pop! for like 8 sim years when it could be upgraded.

the other nightclub (not discotheque pan europa, but the other one) in windenburg never stays. it's ugly & makes me sad. I've changed it to a restaurant, a karaoke bar, & a vet clinic over time.

almost all of magnolia promenade gets exchanged for like lounges, restaurants, etc. as long as it's not a retail lot it can be in magnolia promenade.

then there's a house in the same area as johnny zest's trailer that I swap out for a bowling alley. not sure why I put it there instead of in the commercial strip, but it does the job.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I have replaced almost all lots at one point, although perhaps not in the same game save.
    My favourites to play around with are all lots in Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade and Forgotten Hollow. I just made a really nice modern and sleek house for the Strauds, instead of that old castle style one.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    All of them. I've had fun turning most every lot in brindleton bay into RV parks, and other kinds of tiny housing on wheels. I have a theater in San myshuno. All the apartments are intact there. I dont think we can change them or can we?
  • Options
    soko37 wrote: »
    All the apartments are intact there. I dont think we can change them or can we?

I think all we can do is redecorate them and add interior walls. I think the penthouse apartments can let us build exterior walls.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I put a restaurant there. I can't imagine downtown DSV without a restaurant. Actually I made the Brown Derby, a legendary restaurant in old L.A. that was popular with celebs.

I was thinking about the Derby myself when wanting to replace the lamer club in Del Sol. It's not a restaurant, as I think I was also channeling Club 54, but I like to think I gave it a good name... Hatville Bowl.
    1zn3zR4.png

Feel free to check it out in my gallery, same name as my forum handle.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Del Sol Valley, especially that interesting museum...
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    All of them. I've had fun turning most every lot in brindleton bay into RV parks, and other kinds of tiny housing on wheels. I have a theater in San myshuno. All the apartments are intact there. I dont think we can change them or can we?

You can "bulldoze" the interior walls of all apartments and change the layout that way. Some of the ones with more levels are a bit tricky, because you need to rebuild the floor/ceiling in them.
    DatLlama wrote: »
    Del Sol Valley, especially that interesting museum...

LOL! All of the museums are so interesting. :D Tbh, I like creating my own with paintings that my Sims have made (saved a room with lots of them) plus some debug items instead.
  • Options
    I was thinking about the Derby myself when wanting to replace the lamer club in Del Sol. It's not a restaurant, as I think I was also channeling Club 54, but I like to think I gave it a good name... Hatville Bowl.

Nice!