Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Game Pack should I get?

citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
I mostly play young adults but I've been playing families more and more recently. I have all EPs save for C&D. I also have Vampires and Jungle Adventure.
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Which Game Pack should I get? 45 votes

Outdoor Retreat
8%
Moon_WillowSigzy05thatsnotswegEtta 4 votes
Dine Out
17%
keekee53kokoro80g01denswanJennyggmusteniAlexCroft93Patricescrutyni 8 votes
Spa Day
2%
Bagoas77 1 vote
Parenthood
71%
icmnfrshLaBlue0314alexspoom13aprilroseColorist40elanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83MagdaleenaCasuallySherlockRamendemonSerendipity38annaliese39ChadSims2Bearpal64SummerjaseEricasFreePlayFanPhoriaShadyLady89Mgalb 32 votes

Comments

• Options
    CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    Parenthood
    It depends on how you play, but since you said you have been playing with families more recently, I recommend Parenthood. It can really help shape your toddlers, children, and teens more.
    Outdoor Retreat for me personally seems kind of like a one time use pack, where you go camping once and never really do it again.
    Dine Out is great if you want to run a restaurant. The only thing I don't like about it is how long it takes to go out and eat at one. You can go there at like 12 and get back in the evening, so the timing is just very unrealistic.
    Spa day is similar to Outdoor Retreat for me, you only really take your sims to the spa like once of twice and then just kind of forget about it.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Dine Out
    All the GPs are good but here's my listing:
    1. Dine Out because I love having my sims eat in all different kind of restaurants. It's a good choice if you think you'll enjoy that. I don't think it takes them that long to eat out but seems like for some people it does. I haven't tried running a restaurant so no comments on that.
    2. Parenthood is okay although it also feels a bit grindy, especially if you want to achieve the bad character traits (some of the good ones are really easy). It does add to family life but I don't think it's a must have. It's really easy to make use of the pack in any family, can't avoid it.
    3. Outdoor Retreat I like the vacation world and the tent is super because you can camp anywhere with it! Overall the pack gets less use though than the two above.
    4. Spa Day is my least favourite theme. I think it's a solid pack so if it appeals to you then there's no reason to pay attention to my listing. Yoga is the best part of the pack.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Parenthood
    I picked Parenthood since you say you are playing families more.
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Parenthood
    If you're playing families more, I say Parenthood. I originally bought it because I liked Generations from Sims 3, and I figured that was the next best thing for Sims 4. I also like Dine Out though, except I have Get Famous and those two don't work very well together :disappointed:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    Parenthood
    There's things I hate and love about this pack. But if you're getting into families like I have, Parenthood adds a nice layer to the game. All the different interactions you can preform with your children or your significant other. It's a way of making your sims even more unique, whether you want your sim to be responsible or rude. It's a fun pack to play once you get your children to stop splashing paint everywhere.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I would say all of the above they are all worth buying
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Parenthood
    I love them all, but Parenthood has to be my favourite (after Vampires). I'm a family player so I couldn't play without it now. It adds a lot of gameplay and I also use the CAS / build items a lot. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out the SimsVIP or Carl guides and reviews though to see which appeals to you the most.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I read through the comments in this thread and the gameplay features of each pack and have decided to get Parenthood. Thank you for all the help. :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Parenthood
    You won't regret it :smiley:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AlexCroft93AlexCroft93 Posts: 22 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out...it reminds me sims 2 nightlife.. the best one
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Parenthood
    You made the right choice in picking Parenthood hope you enjoy it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    XDelphiXDelphi Posts: 9 New Member
    Parenthood
    NGL, I love parenthood. It just adds that little extra to the almost futile monotony of raising children that drive you crackers at times. If your gamestyle is more roleplay/storyteller, it also enables greater immersion by being able to enforce rules, form great kids or feudal families. Overall one of the best GPs IMO.