Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is the restaurant problem getting fixed (Back to Work)

Since get famous came out my restaurants are a disaster. The customers get distracted by celebrities, leave their tables, some customers are totally over looked by the waiters. As my SIMs make their money thru restaurants when is this going to get fixed? Do I have to Uninstall Get famous?

Comments

• Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I haven't tried owning a restaurant with Get Famous yet, but I was considering doing it soon. I find it extremely frustrating when my sims are on a dinner date or out with their family and they all get up to react to a celebrity. I never even thought about this when owning a restaurant though :/
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    GildedDiscourseGildedDiscourse Posts: 60 Member
    I've noticed this same issue with retail, but it's actually worse. A celebrity sims comes into the store, usually just as a loiterer, not even a customer and just stand there distracting everyone from the store. The paparazzi are absolutely annoying too. They need to make a way to lock paparazzi out of venues. Worst part is because they are a celebrity you can't even interact with them at all, no selling, so sales pitch. They just stand there interrupting everything. It's so frustrating. I feel your pain with the restaurants. I haven't tried that yet, but after the retail fiasco, I don't think I want to. :/ good luck.
    rBjvmwv.jpg
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It’s not just restaurants, it happens at all venues and makes game play difficult. My non-celeb Sims can’t enjoy venues due to the issue the OP described, and my celeb Sims can’t do anything without the NPCs leaving their post to faint or whatever.. Sadly I doubt this will be fixed, as it seems like an intentional reaction they added for the pack.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Does it help if you remove the pre-made celebs at all?
    I mean, I know that there will still be other celebs generated, but perhaps they won't be as high level and therefore not as famous.
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2019
    I use this mod, it’s not 100% perfect, but it helps. It’s a custom lot trait that you have to place on the venue. https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    Does it help if you remove the pre-made celebs at all?
    I mean, I know that there will still be other celebs generated, but perhaps they won't be as high level and therefore not as famous.
    I use this mod, it’s not 100% perfect, but it helps. It’s a custom lot trait that you have to place on the venue. https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot

Those are both the workarounds I use.. The mod works rather well if you are playing a Celeb, and deleting the premades has worked ok for my other save. One note on deleting celebs, it helps a bunch if you don’t visit celebrity hot spots, meet & greets or the accolades, as that seems to be when the game likes to spawn a bunch of them. You can also turn off the spotlight for all the worlds and it will give you better control as to which Sims can become celebs.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    It’s not just restaurants, it happens at all venues and makes game play difficult. My non-celeb Sims can’t enjoy venues due to the issue the OP described, and my celeb Sims can’t do anything without the NPCs leaving their post to faint or whatever.. Sadly I doubt this will be fixed, as it seems like an intentional reaction they added for the pack.

Maybe just tone it down a bit could work.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    Yolee wrote: »
    Since get famous came out my restaurants are a disaster. The customers get distracted by celebrities, leave their tables, some customers are totally over looked by the waiters. As my SIMs make their money thru restaurants when is this going to get fixed? Do I have to Uninstall Get famous?

A little off topic but how much does your sims make from the restaurants?

I USED to make a lot...for my formal restaurant about 15k in 8 hours and my café about 10k. Its so much fun but its getting ruined by these darn celebs! :(
  • Options
    Im playing right now and everyone in the restaurant has left their seats and are staring at a celebrity. Im going to have to delete all of them. There is no other way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

A little off topic but how much does your sims make from the restaurants?

I USED to make a lot...for my formal restaurant about 15k in 8 hours and my café about 10k. Its so much fun but its getting ruined by these darn celebs! :(

How? I can barely make 1000.

Train employees to max level in skill right away and give them all promotions asap. Talk to EVERYONE that enters the restaurant. Get the perks for the best food and then use the highest markup. It helps if you Sim is charismatic as well.
  • Options
    JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    Yikes! This has completely put me off buying Get Famous.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Here's an example of what happens when a celebrity enters my restaurant: Everyone gets up out of their seats....jumps around like re---ds when they see a celeb, then "forget" where they were seated...if they go back to their seat they are ignored by the waiters. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Wow, I haven't had any of these issues. It's rare that everyone stops dead for a celeb in my game - usually, only a few people are distracted. Hmm.
  • Options
    Im trying to figure out how to post the picture evidencing what I am talking about. Any one know how to show a picture on this forum?
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Im trying to figure out how to post the picture evidencing what I am talking about. Any one know how to show a picture on this forum?

You probably need more posts to be able to post photos. Read the FAQ for more info.