Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have bad CC according to the Sims 3 crash analyzer. How do I remove it?

Today I installed a ton of CC only from TSR, not being very cautious about it and installing stuff I liked while not really looking at it.

My game also crashed two times today. Today is my first time playing in months, and I had no issues prior. I was extremely cautious about my CC and game. I can play for an hour before I crash to desktop.

My game will stutter and have severe graphic issues before the crash.

I ran the crash analyzer and its bad CC. I have over hundreds of CC items through the launcher, so how do I detect which ones are causing the crash? Could it be the custom meshes or tattoos? I usually hear bad things about custom tattoos.

Help, I just want to play again :sweat_smile:
April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Maybe you can take them all out and test them in bundles of 10 for instance? You’re sure the mere fact it was ‘a ton’ isn’t causing the issue?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I have a bunch of custom tattoos installed which don't give me any problems. I've never heard anything that suggests custom tattoos are any worse that any other CC. I don't think any of the tattoos I have is from TSR though.

Here is a (old) list of bad CC. Be sure to click on the links across the top to see each category. Maybe you'll get lucky and have one of those in your game. Here is Crinrict's Bad CC blog page.

If nothing on that list is the culprit then I'd follow @JoAnne65 's suggestion.

Or, use the multi-extractor to pull the .package files out of the sim3packs and install the CC that way. It's much easier to add and remove CC from a Mods\Packages folder than through the Launcher. You'll have to uninstall all that CC from the Launcher first, convert to .package, add the Mods framework to your TS3 folder if you don't have it installed already, then add back the CC in batches (or use the 50% method) and see if the game crashes. If you can figure out some specific thing to do to cause the crashe you'll have an easier time testing.

Good luck.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Thunderpie69 If you have any way of isolating just the CC you installed today, I'd start with eliminating that to see if the problems go away, and if they do, just start using the 50/50 method on that specific subset of your cc.

I have a "newly added" subfolder in my mods/packages folder where I always put new cc until I can test that all is well playing the game after new cc is added. I then move it to my normal, categorized subfolders after a few days of everything running properly. It is how I make sure that any new cc can be easily identified.

Absent that, if you enable being able to see "date created" in windows explorer, that should show the date that you originally added it to your pc and help you isolate just the new stuff. Not sure about other versions of windows, but in windows 10 "modified date" is what normally shows by default, and that will be the date the cc was actually last modified by the creator, but "Date created" should show you when you actually added it to your pc.

Edit: Crud...I just realized you talked about the launcher and downloads, which means you installed the CC through the launcher rather than to your Mods/packages folders. Don't know how to easily identify and get rid of the culprit when you install cc that way, it's why i literally never ever use that method. When you install things through the launcher it bundles them together I believe, making everything I originally said null and void.

I second what @treynutz said...always use the multi-extractor and install cc that way, not with the launcher; that doesn't help you for what you've already done though. :-/
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    You'll have to uninstall all that CC from the Launcher first, convert to .package, add the Mods framework to your TS3 folder if you don't have it installed already, then add back the CC in batches (or use the 50% method) and see if the game crashes. If you can figure out some specific thing to do to cause the crashe you'll have an easier time testing.

Good luck.

I have the problem that I have installed so much store content and add-ons thru the launcher, that when I tried to use it to uninstall, it just crashes as soon as I scroll down. :(

I would have to deleted everything and start from scratch again, and I'm not looking forward to that.

I do go thru my packages folder every so often and remove stuff I'm not using, though.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited January 2019
    I thought of another suggestion. Since you downloaded sims3packs maybe try opening them (one by one) in CUSTARD and checking if anything pops up as corrupt and try removing that CC first. Looks like CUSTARD has been updated recently, I haven't used the new version, don't know what's different. Going by the MTS page it appears just bug fixes.
  • Options
    YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member

TreyNutz wrote: »
    I have a bunch of custom tattoos installed which don't give me any problems. I've never heard anything that suggests custom tattoos are any worse that any other CC. I don't think any of the tattoos I have is from TSR though.

Here is a (old) list of bad CC. Be sure to click on the links across the top to see each category. Maybe you'll get lucky and have one of those in your game. Here is Crinrict's Bad CC blog page.

If nothing on that list is the culprit then I'd follow @JoAnne65 's suggestion.

Or, use the multi-extractor to pull the .package files out of the sim3packs and install the CC that way. It's much easier to add and remove CC from a Mods\Packages folder than through the Launcher. You'll have to uninstall all that CC from the Launcher first, convert to .package, add the Mods framework to your TS3 folder if you don't have it installed already, then add back the CC in batches (or use the 50% method) and see if the game crashes. If you can figure out some specific thing to do to cause the crashe you'll have an easier time testing.

Good luck.

I had the first pair of boots installed, and that's what was causing my crash. Thank you SO much. I played for over four hours today with absolutely no issues :)
    April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    So glad your problem was solved!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Awesome you got it resolved, @Thunderpie69. So great that even after all this time, Crinrict's list of bad cc is still a great resource.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods