Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 8 of Simsmas: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Simmers!

For the first time in 3 years, I welcomed the new year with my family in Spain. In my family, that means eating 12 grapes at 12am for a year of good luck, and eating cake to celebrate my uncle's birthday.

Each of us have our own traditions and celebrate the New Year in a different way - how did your Sims experience it? Share a screenshot of their party with us!

innrcbik0sm3.png
My Sims, eating their midnight "grapes" as is tradition in Spain :wink:
(they used cheese crackers as an alternative to the grapes :D )

Comments

• Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    2g3drR0.jpg

The good ol' American way
    Ignore the fact he's actually dead
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2019
    @EA_Mai Here we also prepare 12 different kinds of round fruit, but we don't necessarily have to eat all of them :D

X8k1GqB.jpg
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Options
    Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2019
    Day 8 - BRING ONE BRING ALL IT'S A BEACH PARTY!! HAPPY NEW YEAR SIMMERS!

Celebrating the New Year of 2019 at the Beach. Here in South Africa, our days get extremely hot up to 48 Degrees Celsius (118 Fahrenheit)... under the SHADE!! :o Our summer season starts December, we never get to see snow, ever, unless you drive up to the mountains. You'll find it hiding there ;)

Going down to the coast is not just to have the perfect holiday, but you get to see beautiful Sunsets and at 12am, Fireworks. There's no better time spent then spending new years with family and friends ending the night moving into the new year with a few drinks... alongside the big blue sea. B)
    enW4AFz.png
    LVv5jWE.png
    Ygkxq28.png
    b3lBZJi.png
    NH0tGMP.png
    XG6muZi.png
    i8trPg9.png
    Beach can be found on my sims gallery (Day 8 Beach Party)
    Post edited by Orchidah1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Vampris wrote: »

LOL! Hope they had a good enough time to remember throughout the next life at least hahaha
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Orchidah1 wrote: »

LOL! Hope they had a good enough time to remember throughout the next life at least hahaha
    Honestly, after what they did at the party, I think they'd want to forget.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    Orchidah1 wrote: »

Honestly, after what they did at the party, I think they'd want to forget.

LOL :D
    Post edited by Orchidah1 on
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    What better way to celebrate New Year's than with fireworks!
    671234f1e1.png
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited January 2019
    Countdown to midnight in your own living room B)!
    KbdYvzy.jpg
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Countdown to Midnight
    rQbmklJ.png
    image.png
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    Countdown to midnight and watching the fireworks

v5ohJ56.jpg

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I loved to play the Season at this house n Windenburg. Forgot to take any pictures on New Years Eve, though.

ts4-20190101.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    My sim went to a restaurant at New Year's Eve with the neighbours.
    4tfdpu0.jpg

Later they did some fireworks... one went wrong. :sweat_smile:
    YcrkjSN.jpg

They were okay, but my Sim missed the countdown to midnight because she was under the shower. It was still a nice holiday though. :)
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    On New Year's Eve my sim first went to a restaurant with her friends and neighbours.

fObDm8x.jpg

pcABset.jpg

N8t0kQw.jpg

Afterwards they did fireworks at the Spice Market. Then they celebrated in her apartment with music and the New Years Channel.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Our Christmas and New year is in Summer. Our family usually stay up until midnight and then swim into the new year :) Sorry I am so late with this challenge entry but I went hiking yesterday and nearly died of exaustion LOL

eMhcvZS.png
    It was a very hard trail, we crossed the river several times and also had to climb over boulders and things. Its pretty hard to do for someone my size so I just about died afterwards and have several sore muscles moodlets right now hahahahaha

XGMfpgR.jpg

1igNilr.jpg

EfxtEb3.jpg

3JAeH1Y.jpg
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited January 2019
    This was the second time I played New Year's Eve with the Holiday-Ohno family and they decided to throw their traditional house party. It didn't go too well though...

The quests gathered in the bedroom to chat and drink
    71mJw0n.png

None of them came to watch when Hisoka set off some fireworks
    g70zJui.png

All the quests left before midnight but the baby still had to be fed
    HsVlWzu.png

Kiara found a glass of wine on the floor and enjoyed it alone
    HhLioVT.png
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    House Party on New Year's Eve and watching the ball drop on tv. Woot!

house-party-time.png
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    On the eighth day of Simsmas
    My sims game gave to me

New Year's festivities,
    Game goodies in 2018,
    Building Simsmas,
    Guess the Guru game,
    A Treasure Hunt,
    Holiday decorations,
    A Simsmassy avatar
    and
    Father Winter comes visiting!

Growing up, my brother and I would watch the countdown on TV trying our best to stay awake. Some years we didn't quite make it but Mom woke us and we exchanged Happy New Years before shuffling off to bed.
    simsmas-day8a.png
    simsmas-day8b.png
  • Options
    KilyleKilyle Posts: 8 New Member
    We used to celebrate Thanksgiving at my aunt's (a good two-hour drive no matter how many times she moved), Christmas at my uncle's (in town; we kids would watch The Princess Bride darn near every year, and the Star Trek movies in between), and New Year's by trying to sleep through fireworks and/or hoping they didn't burn our trees down (because we live on the edge of a reservation, where the laws governing fireworks are much less strict -- and they can go on for weeks around the two major holidays, with massive parties by all our neighbors (want a fireworks show? step onto porch)).

But actual traditions for New Year's? I would have to say that I've established my own, starting last year. See, we don't do much for holiday celebrations anymore, but in October 2016, I started to take my YouTube channel seriously, and then in April 2017, I published my first fanfic in, oh, two decades or more? Since at least college. It broke a creative hiatus of at least fifteen years.

So I started establishing traditions for these creative outlets. Now, my work on AO3 is currently in the Person of Interest fandom, though I've started branching out a bit, especially into Welcome to Night Vale (I've got a full household of POI characters in Sims 3, and a loosely-inspired-by-WtNV family in both Sims 3 and Sims 4, which is where I'm drawing these screenshots). And as I've attracted a surprising number of people who think my writing is good, I've started using the holidays as a time to really give back to the people who support me.

October is my "Creepyfest," a time when all the reins are off and I go as dark and weird as I want to; in 2017 this was a POI fic based on the Lovecraft vibe, while in 2018 I spearheaded a project with over a dozen participants worldwide, writing a set of POI fics set in an AU based on the SCP Foundation. (And for my YouTube channel, I uploaded two creepy cover songs. Had hoped to record a short film to upload during October, but I ended up being too busy with the other project.)

A couple of weeks before my birthday, I offer a prompt for people to write me presents (first year: a specific kidnapping scenario; second year: make ex-CIA assassin John Reese play a game), and then, on my birthday itself, I release a present for the fandom as a whole (2018's present was a set of my first ever podfics). And then, in December, I drop everything and try to write gifts. I pick a subset of my readers/fans/friends (those categories can get kinda fuzzy around the edges), try to figure out what style each person enjoys, and write something aimed specifically at them. The first year, I wrote to thank the ones who were most supportive of me. This year, I went with my newest readers, the ones I've attracted in roughly the past four months, writing fics for some and recording podfics for two others.

And then, on Christmas of 2017 and New Year's Eve of 2018 (and I think NYE is going to become the norm for this), I wrote a fic in which the discussion between two characters sounds pretty normal for a POI fic... but where the end note says to go back and read it as though the main character is me, the writer, and the other character is the fandom -- a special meta message for those who've been enjoying my work. It's a way of commenting on the year's achievements, my own troubles and worries, a commitment to continue producing content, and so on.

So, what's my New Year's tradition by now? Writing a ton of specific projects. Hence, this pic would best encapsulate it: Me reaching out to friends and fans around the world, cementing ties among the fandom and getting heartwarming reactions as various people open their inboxes to find notifications that a fic has been released as a gift for them.

drive.google.com/open?id=1kUNRUt5aPt9XHmxEzri1fho_MJ5E8tJ5
  • Options
    DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    My sim spent New Year's the same way I did, sick in bed.
    https://imgur.com/HNdNOvKHNdNOvK.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2019
    never mind LOL