Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I modify a pool’s shape?

Sledgehammer tool deletes the whole pool, I just want to change a corner

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I dont think we can do that yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Lexera1000Lexera1000 Posts: 22 Member
    If there is a way to change just a corner I haven't find it yet. Usually I destroy the pool and start from scratch...Or I hide the corner I don't like with a bush. :neutral:
    o3fP5ky.jpg

Gallery ID Mimicrysims
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hopefully we ll get a pool shape feature esp curved pools if we get a Pool Stuffpack. Pools are lacking in both build and buy.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    @CursedDice What specifically do you want to accomplish? Maybe show us a screenshot of the pool and describe what you want it to look like.
  • Options
    ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    I guess it depends on what exactly you're trying to do, but you can drag the existing pool walls just like you can the walls in a room.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Can you update with screen shots and we might can help better? Not sure what you are trying to accomplish
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    If I'd want to do that, I'd do that:
    1. Go into the pool tool and pick the option to drag the pool.
    2. I go to the corners I want to replace and drag a square on there while holding Control button.
    3. Replace the corner by either adding corner piece or doing it with custom pool shape tool.

Or you may also try this:
    1. Click on the pool.
    2. Find the arrows on the side.
    3. Drag the pool smaller.
    4. Add the corner pieces where I want it to be.
    5. Drag the pool between the corner pieces into the shape I want by dragging the middle arrow.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Can you update with screen shots and we might can help better? Not sure what you are trying to accomplish

https://flic.kr/p/Q8P2An

I wanted to make the corners diagonal and I also had an issue where part of the pool stuck out where it shouldn’t and the sledgehammer tool will delete the entire pool and not just the one bit
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    @CursedDice I get an error on that page.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    @CursedDice I get an error on that page.

Let me try this

45810012174_1ed8390d32_h.jpgI need diagonal corners by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

It's an L shaped pool that I was trying to get diagonal corners on
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2019
    There are several different options for pool drawing tools the one you want is the one that looks like it has little balls on the end (I’m in bed as I’m typing will grab a pic in game later). Then hold control and draw a triangle on the area you want to be diagonal. Control is the “delete” button for all the drawing tools including pools. I hope this is clear. I will update with pics later so you can really see what I’m talking about.

Edited to add pics

Unfortunately the game wouldnt let me take the pics while actually holding the control key so you have imagine that part lol. But this should help a lot! Please ignore the half finished lot I just plopped a pool down on it to show you.
    9XqLabr.jpg

After deletion, a perfect diagonal corner!
    RehzytP.jpg

Post edited by ShadyLady_DQ on