Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 1 of Simsmas: Winterfest celebrations!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited January 2019
    On the first day of Simsmas,
    My Sims game gave to me

Father Winter comes visiting!
    simsmas-day1.png
    L to R: Father Winter (Moises Hoffman), Sara Singleton, Abbey Singleton and Billie Jang
  • Options
    KilyleKilyle Posts: 8 New Member
    Okay, so, this was a struggle. But I got it done before midnight (Pacific Time), so I hope it's all right.

To begin with, I only just started the fourth game, so my characters have no friends or extended family, and I had no time to run around trying to get to know my neighbors. So we went with a simple little "we just moved in" party, and, with my limited budget, I managed to buy a table, four chairs (none matching, to better emphasize a group that's making do with what they have), a high chair, and one single, solitary decoration on the wall (snowflakes).

The wall and snowflakes do not show up in the screenshot.

Because it turns out that coordinating a household of Sims to sit down at the table at the same time is enough to make you want to strangle something.

First, I started with most of them tired, so I let them sleep while I tried to get one of them to prep a bit. However, the kid woke up due to low hygiene, so I derailed him to give her a bath. Then one of the other characters got what I think is "cooped up / cabin fever"? (I'm playing in Spanish, and my vocabulary is lacking, so a lot of times I have to guess from context… which is a little harder when I'm not used to the *normal* terms for this game.) So I sent him out to water the plants and pick some stuff, even though I'd never intended him to actually do any gardening. Oh, and this is omitting that I just had like three appliances break on me in a row (including the fridge!), which sucked up a bit of my prep time as well.

Then I tried to get the one guy to cook mac & cheese (I didn't have anything more festive available) while I got everyone else to the table, distracting some of them with the one skill book I'd managed to purchase (logic). But they kept deciding to get up again. And they'd kinda musical-chairs it a bit, while each grabbing their own food and taking it to somewhere else (they're used to eating while sitting or beds or just standing in the kitchen).

Oh, and the one guy just started randomly dancing in the kitchen. I let him dance; at least it kept him in the area.

The kid got done with her food prior to the rest of the food being prepared, so of course one of the guys came over and let her out.

Eventually, I managed to get most of them situated and eating/talking at the same time. Then one of the girls tried to escape (I got her back).

This pic is the best I could do, and you might notice that the main guy is currently STANDING UP AGAIN, intent on heading for the computer.

…okay, fine, go for it. Not like you're not living out the things *I* feel like doing when I'm at a party….

drive.google.com/open?id=14Piito9IsDkWeyD3cDUSDjDQnO0mfQs3

P.S. I'll see if I can find the footage of my fancy-pants aloof guy interacting with the toddler. I was shocked that he actually initiated that on his own, even getting down on his knees to converse with her! That is not at all the mindset I had while constructing him. It's not technically holiday-themed, but I thought it was kinda neat to have even the guy least inclined toward children to be able to pleasantly interact with her and calm her down.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Kilyle wrote: »
    Okay, so, this was a struggle. But I got it done before midnight (Pacific Time), so I hope it's all right.

To begin with, I only just started the fourth game, so my characters have no friends or extended family, and I had no time to run around trying to get to know my neighbors. So we went with a simple little "we just moved in" party, and, with my limited budget, I managed to buy a table, four chairs (none matching, to better emphasize a group that's making do with what they have), a high chair, and one single, solitary decoration on the wall (snowflakes).

The wall and snowflakes do not show up in the screenshot.

Because it turns out that coordinating a household of Sims to sit down at the table at the same time is enough to make you want to strangle something.

First, I started with most of them tired, so I let them sleep while I tried to get one of them to prep a bit. However, the kid woke up due to low hygiene, so I derailed him to give her a bath. Then one of the other characters got what I think is "cooped up / cabin fever"? (I'm playing in Spanish, and my vocabulary is lacking, so a lot of times I have to guess from context… which is a little harder when I'm not used to the *normal* terms for this game.) So I sent him out to water the plants and pick some stuff, even though I'd never intended him to actually do any gardening. Oh, and this is omitting that I just had like three appliances break on me in a row (including the fridge!), which plum up a bit of my prep time as well.

Then I tried to get the one guy to cook mac & cheese (I didn't have anything more festive available) while I got everyone else to the table, distracting some of them with the one skill book I'd managed to purchase (logic). But they kept deciding to get up again. And they'd kinda musical-chairs it a bit, while each grabbing their own food and taking it to somewhere else (they're used to eating while sitting or beds or just standing in the kitchen).

Oh, and the one guy just started randomly dancing in the kitchen. I let him dance; at least it kept him in the area.

The kid got done with her food prior to the rest of the food being prepared, so of course one of the guys came over and let her out.

Eventually, I managed to get most of them situated and eating/talking at the same time. Then one of the girls tried to escape (I got her back).

This pic is the best I could do, and you might notice that the main guy is currently STANDING UP AGAIN, intent on heading for the computer.

…okay, fine, go for it. Not like you're not living out the things *I* feel like doing when I'm at a party….

PzMJBro.png

P.S. I'll see if I can find the footage of my fancy-pants aloof guy interacting with the toddler. I was shocked that he actually initiated that on his own, even getting down on his knees to converse with her! That is not at all the mindset I had while constructing him. It's not technically holiday-themed, but I thought it was kinda neat to have even the guy least inclined toward children to be able to pleasantly interact with her and calm her down.

Hello @Kilyle :)
    I am sorry that you had the issues with getting the sims to sit together at the table!