Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you make money after registering with the ministry of labour?

Since the new "Register with the Ministry of Labour" has been introduced, can you make money like this or do you have to do something else, like go somewhere to register in San Mychuno?

Comments

• Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    "Register with the ministry of labour" just allows you to write your own title and description for your sim's job. It doesn't give you any extra money and all you need to do is access this option from your phone. Your sim's job will then be "farmer/fisher/whatever else" instead of "unemployed", but you will have to earn money the same way you always have. I wasn't quite sure what you were asking, but I hope this helps.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Since the new "Register with the Ministry of Labour" has been introduced, can you make money like this or do you have to do something else, like go somewhere to register in San Mychuno?

If you want your sim to stay home and write or paint without actually joining those careers, you can make money from it. You can also make your sim a song writer.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    It’s just a cosmetic thing. Basically, when you “ask about career” it will say whatever you typed in. It doesn’t give you money at all.

To make money without getting a job that is actually in the game you can write books on a computer and publish them from the mailbox, paint and sell the painting, cook, fish, or make drinks and drag it to the sell box on the inventory tab, create and sell things from the woodworking table, garden and sell the produce or flowers, play for tips with an instrument or write a song (level 9 I believe) and published the song from the mailbox, sing for tips, perform comedy at a venue with a microphone, program or hack from a computer, collect things and sell them, breed frogs and sell them, and more.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member

You certainly can. Now when someone asks your Sim about their career they're no longer unemployed. It will tell them the job title you gave them. Nothing else about being "self-employed" has changed.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Thanks, everyone, I knew about the other ways to make money without going to work but my sim is upping her well being and becoming a masseuse and was hoping I could charge my customers. Is there any way to do that in that area?

• Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Thanks, everyone, I knew about the other ways to make money without going to work but my sim is upping her well being and becoming a masseuse and was hoping I could charge my customers. Is there any way to do that in that area?

Not in the stock game, no, though I wish it was an option. The closest you could come is to have a spa set as a retail, sell spa-related products and offer massages on the side such as "Buy three candles and get a Swedish Massage for free."
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Thank you, @Samsonguy9000 I will try that, thanks. :):)

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Like others said, it's mainly to not be "unemployed". And I think it's a great option to register a title for jobs I makle up, but that isn't really in the game at all. Like, a sim in my game is a regional Janitor, performing tasks that is not paid. I could cheat the wages, or have some "boss" transfer them as a gift. I love that in the User Interface it says my sim is a Janitor, and no longer unemployed :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Registering with the ministry of labor is so that your sim can be self employed. You can register yourself as a streamer or a content creator, an archeologist or a dj and get money on your own.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    groovysherriegroovysherrie Posts: 2 New Member
    Wonder if one can register as a Domestic Engineer (housewife)...lol!!! :wink: :laugh:
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Does anyone know if a sim registered with a custom job will have their job if saved and downloaded from the gallery?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a sim registered with a custom job will have their job if saved and downloaded from the gallery?

Yes, it will stay.
  • Options
    SxyPeytonSxyPeyton Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for all of the answers everyone. I just started the new expansion and had no idea what this was
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Wonder if one can register as a Domestic Engineer (housewife)...lol!!! :wink: :laugh:

Sure - or as a Homemaker, or Househusband, or whatever custom title you want to use to describe their job. That is precisely the point of the option. Call your Sim whatever you like.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have a fake college so I gave all the students titles like "Art and Music Major," as an example. I also use it for my elders so that after they've retired from a life of distinguished service in their field, they can say they're a "Retired Space Ranger" instead of just unemployed. That kind of thing. It's a nice detail. Oh, and it's nice for those careers like veterinarian where you can go through the entire skillset but you don't get a job title.