Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is more fun for you?

Do you have more fun playing, or building and downloading stuff?

I'm kind of a mixture of both - haha.

Court322

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Both. More play than build/download, but I start any longer play session by browsing the gallery for a little bit, and I'm in and out of build mode all the time when playing
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Honestly, it depends on my mood. I play the game more often than I build, but I’ll build or tinker around in CAS if I get burnt out while playing. As long as I’m inspired to play or build, I have equal amounts of fun doing either. Although, I definitely don’t have fun in build/buy if I’m trying to build a house and can’t get it right. I do a lot of bulldozing in those situations. :lol:
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I have fun building and playing, it depends on my mood.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited December 2018
    It all depends on the mood I'm in at the moment. At this time I'm back to giving everyone makeovers. My makeovers never do any cosmetic surgery, maybe tweak the eyebrows at the most. Or if I find someone in the gallery has done a really nice job in giving a premade sim a makeover, I'll change them out. I've pretty much redone all the lots in my template game save, but I'm always finding little things to do here and there though. When a new game pack comes out, or someone tells something I've not yet discovered I will go into gameplay to check it out.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Playing and then building. There is something amazing to me when I actually build/decorate a house that seems to fit the family I'm playing as. It doesn't always work out though... Sometimes no matter what I do the house doesn't seem right and it affects my enjoyment of my game play.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2018
    If I download anything from the gallery it might be a starter lot - I don't download big, expensive fleshed out lots ever anymore - even though I do enjoy looking at them, maybe even praise the builders - I just don't use them. I used to in the beginning but rarely do now. But as I said I do love seeing those amazing lots - they are like fine works of art - I admire from a distance. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    I have a friend who loves to build and I love to play so that really works out for me.
    xbeou9.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Playing all the way!

I also enjoy downloading to a certain extent. My game is light on cc and so when I go looking for more I often do so with a specific sim in mind. It's almost like going shopping for a gift for a friend. Recently I snatched a perfect deco cup for one of my favs and a set of holiday themed cups for my coffee addicted police sims :)

And finally I love preparing for new saves: deciding on a setting, time, starting households and of course houserules, all without opening the game.
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I enjoy tweaking a lot, mainly as I'm not a hugely confident builder yet so I enjoy getting partially done houses and adding my own touches, or downloading floorplans and adapting them to suit my own sims.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Playing.
    I do love the ease of downloading and can have fun with setting up new characters and a new world but it wears thin after awhile and I want to be actually playing the game. It can even drive me away if I want things to be a certain way but am tired of setting it up. I envy people that can have fun for hours on end building or in CAS or a regular basis.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I do both, but I also play in various ways. Doing the rotation through 50 households is my basic gaming. It doesn't allow for much building, though and some houses are not very cluttered. I also make movies, and needing a specific scenery gives me building challenges, and also an excuse to look for cc to download. I'm having fun.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I love playing and CAS.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Definitely a bit of both, depending on mood or game status (when we get new content I'll spend some time remodeling houses and venues with that new content first, especially if I'm waiting for mods to get updated). But I do enjoy getting in and actually getting to work with my Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member