Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get famous: I heard a rumor that I can host a charity event

Is this true? If so then how? My sims are all 3 star B listers.
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is done through the webcam, and it is extremely boring. I attempted this once, and all you do is watch your sim stand in front of a camera, the ones like you do for the YouTube videos in the game.
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This is done through the webcam, and it is extremely boring. I attempted this once, and all you do is watch your sim stand in front of a camera, the ones like you do for the YouTube videos in the game.

Really? Because I heard you can host it at a venue like a party.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I've had my sims be invited to charity benefits, haven't checked if it's possible to host them. I believe it has to do with having a certain level of good reputation. Pretty sure my sim started getting invites when she was at the second level of a positive reputation.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    You have to be Pristine reputation to throw your own charity benefit parties.

Invite a lot of people, so you can ask as many of them for small (500) or large (2,000) donations.
    The main goal of the event is to gather a total of 10,000 in donations.
    You can ask the same Sim for another donation after enough time has passed. Constantly asking for large donations seems like the easiest way to get this done, especially if you don't go for the maximum number of guests.

Completing the party gets you Good reputation and Fame for the attendees.
    Not sure if it affects EVERY guest's rep/fame, but it does affect the host at least.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2018
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

You're talking about a 24-hour charity livestream. A charity event is a party where you try to get people to donate for a good cause.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited December 2018
    My Sim just had this option open. She's a politician and has level 10 Logic and Handiness. So most of her good reputation came from protesting for her cause at a public venue and tutoring others in chess and woodworking at club meetings. (I think helping her kids with their homework might have also counted.) She's only a one star celebrity, so you don't have to be a hugely famous to unlock it.

I haven't tried the event yet, but I'm excited to, as it seems right in character for her so far.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    This event exists. Sims with great reputation can get invited to one and sims with pristine reputation can host one.
    As the others have said, the goal is to get 10,000 simoleons as a donation from other sims. The rewards include reputation and fame boost and charity host award.
    To increase the reputation, your sim has to be friendly to others while other NPC sims are nearby. You'll get a big boost once your sims become friends and even bigger if they become good friends (even when nobody sees that). Sims can also increase their reputation by ordering drinks for their group, making the town happy using the satellite dish (Get to Work), mentor other sims (or be mentored), and by making donations.

There is also an event for sims with bad reputation. It's called Lampoon Party. Sims with awful reputation can get invited to one and sims with atrocious reputation can host one.
    You'll have to invite one sim as a Guest of Honor who will your sim roast. The goal is to make the Guest of Honor hysterical (the point where sims can die by laughter). The rewards include fame boost, reputation decrease, and an award with a toilet.
    To decrease the reputation, your sim has to be mean to others while other NPC sims are nearby. Becoming disliked will give your sim a boost and becoming dispised will give even bigger. Your sim can also use the SimRay (Get to Work), use the satellite dish to make sims angry (Get to Work), and have vampire drink other sims (Vampires).

So yes, the rumors you've heard is true, but your sim needs no fame to unlock it. Fame only unlocks the Meet and Greet event.