Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby's Gender Changing Question

I'm not looking for trouble shooting, or help. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Me and a friend both have come across this in the last two days of game play, so I'm just curious if anyone else has had it happen. I am heavily modded, she plays with MCCC only.

We both checked our sims pregnancy, to see what they were having. She saw her sim was having a boy. I checked my sim, she was having a girl. This is at different times IRL.

The baby's were born. She got the popup for a boy and named her baby sim. I got the popup for a girl and named my baby sim.

Well, when her baby aged, she was giving him a makeover and noticed one of his outfits had a skirt. She started looking and finally checked his gender and he was a she!

She told me she was sure Greg was Greg with the popup and everything. We kept playing and didn't give it a lot of thought.

Until about 5 minutes ago. My sim aged up to toddler. She had a boy haircut, I didn't think much of it. So I finally took her in to make her over... and I noticed she had none of my girl CC hairs. So I looked. She was now a he.

Is anyone else getting flip flopping genders? I'm just curious. I don't care to go thru all my mods. It seems pretty random, since this is my 7 child in this house in the last 3 days and it's the only time it's happened. Same with my friend. She's had 7 kids in her house in the last 3 days and it's the only time it happened. So I'm not looking to trouble shoot. If it is mod related, the only mod it can be is MCCC cause that is literally her only mod. And I'm not saying it's not that one. Just that I'm not gonna try to figure that out.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen in their game. We think it's too weird of a coincidence since it's happened to both of us on our 7th kid of the house.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is not the first time I've read about this issue, just to let you know that others are asking about this. One thing I have noticed is that, at least in my own game, I have seen where my sim gave birth to either a boy or girl at the hospital, but only to discover that when they got home from the hospital the gender of the baby had changed.
  • Options
    brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    Responding late in the game but I have no mods and just aged a toddler into a child and she became a he.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I'm not looking for trouble shooting, or help. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Me and a friend both have come across this in the last two days of game play, so I'm just curious if anyone else has had it happen. I am heavily modded, she plays with MCCC only.

We both checked our sims pregnancy, to see what they were having. She saw her sim was having a boy. I checked my sim, she was having a girl. This is at different times IRL.

The baby's were born. She got the popup for a boy and named her baby sim. I got the popup for a girl and named my baby sim.

Well, when her baby aged, she was giving him a makeover and noticed one of his outfits had a skirt. She started looking and finally checked his gender and he was a she!

She told me she was sure Greg was Greg with the popup and everything. We kept playing and didn't give it a lot of thought.

Until about 5 minutes ago. My sim aged up to toddler. She had a boy haircut, I didn't think much of it. So I finally took her in to make her over... and I noticed she had none of my girl CC hairs. So I looked. She was now a he.

Is anyone else getting flip flopping genders? I'm just curious. I don't care to go thru all my mods. It seems pretty random, since this is my 7 child in this house in the last 3 days and it's the only time it's happened. Same with my friend. She's had 7 kids in her house in the last 3 days and it's the only time it happened. So I'm not looking to trouble shoot. If it is mod related, the only mod it can be is MCCC cause that is literally her only mod. And I'm not saying it's not that one. Just that I'm not gonna try to figure that out.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen in their game. We think it's too weird of a coincidence since it's happened to both of us on our 7th kid of the house.

I used to get that issue quite a lot in Sims 2 - and never found a solution or reason why it happened - but it happened a lot especially with multiples. I never had it with Sims 3 or in Sims 4 thus far though. The only thing some of us found in Sims 2 as a common factor in the sims babies that it happened to was the babies we often used the user made Sims 2 infant clothing on were prone to get their sex changed then players who never used the CC infant clothes. I might not have never gotten it in Sims 3 or 4 because I never again used CC infant clothes - other than that I cannot say.

The change always showed up after the infant aged to toddler and it stayed the sex the toddler changed to. It was a real pain in the Sims 2 as we did not have away to change their name way back then until they grew up in the early days.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....