Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nerd Brain in small apartment

So...my current active sim lives in a one-level apartment in the Uptown district of San Myshuno. He's got the Nerd Brain aspiration at the moment and at the step to launch or upgrade a rocket ship.

I know I can do this at the Geek Con, but I'm impatient so bought a rocket ship, shrunk it down to 2x2 tiles with the [ key, and put it in the bedroom. Upgrading it will satisfy the aspirations...just curious if anyone knows, what happens if I actually launch it from inside the apartment?
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I have no idea but that sounds like a hilarious outcome would occur... please tell me if you happen to try it
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    That's interesting. XD

I've seen rocket ships inside buildings BUT ther'es usually a skylight of sorts or opening. I'd goahad and save and launch it. >:)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Pastelmermaid and @ladykyn, I will for sure...think it will take me a few sim days to get it built and upgraded, but will definitely launch it to see what happens if no one tells me it's a bad idea here. My sim is working on building it right now.
    I sure hope something happens and the game doesn't just simply ignore that I launched from inside a small apartment. rofl
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Save before hand just in case of emergency :') but it could be lame like the hamster/whatever tiny pet you have leaves in a rocket? but I hope because you've shrunk down the legit rocket.. it should be different?! I hope it would be different...
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it'll probably work like a normal sized one, but i'm curious, too

as for my solution to this (way back before we could shrink objects), i've got two museums with rockets on them. the natural history museum's space area (all the space rock, space print, alien collections and such) has a working rocket and command center for eating grilled cheese in space, working out in space, woohooing in space or whatever, and the 'museum of science' has two rockets in it, one for space travel, the other for building to work on a sim's rocket science skill (when the rocket is fully built, it gets sold and a new one put in its place to start building on again)
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited December 2018
    I usually buy the rocket ship build set (placed with bb.moveobjects) and go into live mode for it to register "own a rocket ship". I then go back into build mode and sell it again (unfortunately losing 1000 simoleons in the process). I have a community lot somewhere in the world with a rocket ship (one of favourites is still the "Smarty Pants Science Club", a library build I downloaded on MTS) and complete the rest of the aspiration milestone there. But tiny rocket ship in small apartment sounds like more fun! :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Something I have set up in the Oasis Springs park is the rocket ship that sims can build on.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @kaleksed that's actually pretty brilliant solutions. I'll have to remember that once this little apartment experiment is over...for future use.

I actually did the same thing @LaBlue0314...dropped one in the park when I first set this game up and replaced every Maxis lot (except the special ones)....just, I wanted my sim to work on this in the last few hours before bed each night, so the bedroom-rocket seemed more convenient. B)

Progress so far:
    tumblr_pj60mw0eU61tkpp11o2_r1_1280.png
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Not as creative a solution and limited to work hours but if you have GTW, your sim can become a scientist and use the rocket there.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    There's never any bad ideas in the sims what do you mean?

Had a sim light a firework, but I THOUGHT she'd go outside to light it and not plop it in the living room. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    There's never any bad ideas in the sims what do you mean?

Had a sim light a firework, but I THOUGHT she'd go outside to light it and not plop it in the living room. :#

Ouch! She survived, I hope?

@Stormkeep Please tell us what happens if you try to launch it. I'm really curious now, too.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @LadyKyn, that firework inside...did it start a fire? Either way, I Lol'd.
    @Katrinasforest, I'll absolutely update here once I do it. Just going to take a little while, have to get it built, and upgraded and all that...while still holding down the job as a Pro-gamer, and keeping up with his love life (he needs to get married and think of procreating before he's not a young adult anymore).

hahah, you know how it is...a Sim's life is so busy!
  • Options
    Have not launched the rocket yet, per se...but did woohoo in it, and it launched without anything special happening. So disappointed that it didn't burn the apartment down and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off the landlord.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I usually buy the rocket ship build set (placed with bb.moveobjects) and go into live mode for it to register "own a rocket ship". I then go back into build mode and sell it again (unfortunately losing 1000 simoleons in the process). I have a community lot somewhere in the world with a rocket ship (one of favourites is still the "Smarty Pants Science Club", a library build I downloaded on MTS) and complete the rest of the aspiration milestone there. But tiny rocket ship in small apartment sounds like more fun! :D

I have a rocket ship awaiting construction at my Arts and Science Center in Del Sol Valley (Judith Ward moved to a fancy penthouse in San Myshuno after her home was lost to eminent domain). Used to have it in Newcrest. It contains pretty much all the skill building items, a kid’s playroom, and 2 telescopes. I’ve also used @mcrudd collections to display. I can take my entire household to work on skills and it’s easy to switch between household members, especially Sims on small lots or just starting out.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    Go to a park, I went to the Desert Bloom, open the build mode and place down the rocket kit. It took my sim about 4 sim days to complete that milestone but it's feasible. He lived in the most rundown apartment with the TLC trait in the Chic Street apartment building.
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    P.S.: If you're worried about the free 1k simoleon you won't have to spend on the rocket (because placing objects on community lots doesn't cost money), and it feels cheaty for you. You can donate the money to a sim or find another way to donate it.
  • Options
    @Scarbo27, not really worried about money. My sims has 190k...he's second generation of a legacy family. The way I am playing this legacy is that I follow the heirs to new homes rather than keep them in the parent's home...but I use the move command, so get to take items and money with. Then I use manage neighborhood to move the parents back to the original home, and finally I use gifts to give them back 1/2 of the family money.

So...in short, money is no problem. The sim story is just that he wants to make a name for himself in the big city, hence staying in the apartment. I'd really love to get into the 3-story penthouse in the fashion district, which has a lovely rooftop outdoor area..but that is currently almost 500k in my game...so won't be going there any time soon.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I have a rocket ship awaiting construction at my Arts and Science Center in Del Sol Valley (Judith Ward moved to a fancy penthouse in San Myshuno after her home was lost to eminent domain). Used to have it in Newcrest. It contains pretty much all the skill building items, a kid’s playroom, and 2 telescopes. I’ve also used @mcrudd collections to display. I can take my entire household to work on skills and it’s easy to switch between household members, especially Sims on small lots or just starting out.

That sounds great! I really like to complete that aspiration with my Sims, but I hate having rocket ships all around the neighborhood. It just looks odd to me.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...