Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introductions to famous sims that should be treated as normal introductions instead

Sometimes, it just doesn't make sense that a sim needs to attempt introduction when the celibrity is family or family in law.
For example here
fD1FDEk.jpg
Archie (the active sim) wants to introduce himself to Alejandro Luz. Alejandro is a famous actor but is also Archie's pregnant wife's brother. Archie's wife, Alma, has a really good relationship with her brother and invited him over so the 2 could finally meet.
But Archie can only "attempt" to introduce himself which I find very unrealistic. If it is not possible to make a distinction between sims and everyone must attempt introduction whatever the case is, at least we should have an interaction where Alma could be the one introducing them, something like "Archie,this is my brother, Alejandro. Alejandro, this is my husband, Archie".

Btw, I attempted to introduce him and it failed. I just want Archie to be able to invite Alejandro to the winterfest feast!

What examples do you guys have of situations where a sim should be able to introduce tehmselves properly regardless of the fame of the other sim?
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've been thinking of this, but I haven't tested it out yet. With the club system of Get Together, if creating a club where the sims will interact on their own would help get past this.
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Clubs do get you past this, yes. I made a Screen Actors Guild club, and they could all talk as normal together.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Can't the sister introduce her famous brother to her husband?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I'm not bothering with this. I will cheat the relationship.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    That kind of makes sense. It's not his brother, they don't have a family relationship and they've never met, not part of the household, so it would be just like meeting any other celeb.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    That kind of makes sense. It's not his brother, they don't have a family relationship and they've never met, not part of the household, so it would be just like meeting any other celeb.

But it is his wife's brother (and friend). It is family. Imagine your partner has a brother that is famous irl, would you only attempt a clumsy introduction instead of going there and treating him as a human being that is a big part of your wife's life? Would that famous brother refuse your introduction when his sisters invites him to the house she shares with you?
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can't the sister introduce her famous brother to her husband?

As far as I know sims can't introduce a third party, maybe I am missing something here? How can I do that?
    JRBear wrote: »
    Clubs do get you past this, yes. I made a Screen Actors Guild club, and they could all talk as normal together.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I've been thinking of this, but I haven't tested it out yet. With the club system of Get Together, if creating a club where the sims will interact on their own would help get past this.

Thanks to both, I will try having them in the same club and see how it goes.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Little update: the club thing worked for me too and now they can interact normally.
    ZDYoS44.jpg

However, now, the couple's child (and the famous sim's nephew) needs to go through the same "attempt introduction" thing. I realy don't think this should be the case.
    The famous guy is his uncle!
    tLldlQo.jpg
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    If you click on another sim, you should see an option that says “Other Sims” or something along those lines. Once you select that, there should be another option that says “Talk Up...”. Have your child’s mother “talk up” her son to her brother and he should then approach his nephew to introduce himself. I think you’ll be able to interact with him normally after that. :smile:

P.S. I do agree with you; family shouldn’t have to “attempt” an introduction with another relative. Hopefully it’s only an oversight that can be fixed in a patch.
  • Options
    klestrella wrote: »
    If you click on another sim, you should see an option that says “Other Sims” or something along those lines. Once you select that, there should be another option that says “Talk Up...”. Have your child’s mother “talk up” her son to her brother and he should then approach his nephew to introduce himself. I think you’ll be able to interact with him normally after that. :smile:

P.S. I do agree with you; family shouldn’t have to “attempt” an introduction with another relative. Hopefully it’s only an oversight that can be fixed in a patch.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I did that already and even though the brother said something like "he sounds awesome, I want to meet him!" nothing changed. He approached the kid, and I thought he was going to talk to him but then he stopped and stood there doing nothing. (maybe a bug?).
    Yes, I really hope it is an oversight and could be fix in a future patch.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I did that already and even though the brother said something like "he sounds awesome, I want to meet him!" nothing changed. He approached the kid, and I thought he was going to talk to him but then he stopped and stood there doing nothing. (maybe a bug?).
    Huh, that’s really weird! I used the same interaction in my game to introduce one of my sim’s celebrity friends to another and it worked fine. Have you tried seeing whether or not adding them into a group together and making them perform interactions together would build a relationship? Or can you not even add a famous, unknown sim to a group? I suppose if all else fails and you’re not opposed to it, you could play as the uncle and have him introduce himself to his nephew. It’s an annoying extra step to have to take, but that may unfortunately be the only thing that works. :confused:
  • Options
    klestrella wrote: »
    Huh, that’s really weird! I used the same interaction in my game to introduce one of my sim’s celebrity friends to another and it worked fine. Have you tried seeing whether or not adding them into a group together and making them perform interactions together would build a relationship? I suppose if all else fails and you’re not opposed to it, you could play as the uncle and have him introduce himself to his nephew. It’s an annoying extra step to have to take, but that may unfortunately be the only thing that works. :confused:

Might be just a bug in my game I guess. Yes, you are right, I will just go and play as the uncle for a bit. I play rotationally anyways but I have grown very fond of this household and have been playing them exclusively for days now :D
  • Options
    Might be just a bug in my game I guess. Yes, you are right, I will just go and play as the uncle for a bit. I play rotationally anyways but I have grown very fond of this household and have been playing them exclusively for days now :D
    Well, it’s really too bad you have to tear yourself away from your household to fix the issue. It would have been helpful if they had added a special interaction for families when it comes to introducing themselves to a famous relative. At least your sims’ son will be able to talk to his uncle after you switch back, though! :smiley: