Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Hunters?

Is this actually a thing in the game? Like there are sims who will try and cure your vampire?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    nope~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    @Cupid Thanks
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    They didn't have the budget to be able to fit that in, so it's basically up to you to setup something similar on your own.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I wish a modder would make a vampire slayer/hunter career.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thankfully not.

The closest we're getting is like, having a human with maxed out vampire lore, who will craft potions to fight vampires and turn them back into mortals, rather than outright killing them. Instead, the ex-vampires are cursed to die from old age.
    So only player-controlled sims can be slayers, in this sense of the word.

But sure, a mod would be neat for those who'd want it.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I was hoping they would add stakes, torches and vampire hunts when I first heard about the pack. But no. You fight off vampires with garlic and potions.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I was hoping they would add stakes, torches and vampire hunts when I first heard about the pack. But no. You fight off vampires with garlic and potions.

I don't think stakes would be very Teen-rated :grimace:
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Honestly, the best vampire slayers in the game are other vampires. They're more likely to win a fight and turn their opponent mortal, and if you're looking for an actual, immediate slaying, they can then manipulate their defeated foe into an emotional death.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Honestly, the best vampire slayers in the game are other vampires. They're more likely to win a fight and turn their opponent mortal, and if you're looking for an actual, immediate slaying, they can then manipulate their defeated foe into an emotional death.

I am toying with having a save with this story at some point. I had MCCC with a low risky vampirism and clubs with vampires that would feed on sims in the nightclubs and bars. I got a few new vampires that way. Toying with the idea of having a high risk of vampirism in a save and letting it be a a bit more scary to be out at night.
  • Options
    SnarlySnarly Posts: 13 New Member
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > I was hoping they would add stakes, torches and vampire hunts when I first heard about the pack. But no. You fight off vampires with garlic and potions.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think stakes would be very Teen-rated :grimace:

Well, burning to death because you made the mistake of keeping your used yumcooker is pretty unpleasant too, but meets the requirements of a PG rating. I don't think a stake would be that different.
  • Options
    > @Rae357 said:
    > Is this actually a thing in the game? Like there are sims who will try and cure your vampire?

Unfortunately no, and it's a terrible shame. There is code for them, or so I've heard, but it was never implemented because they ran out of money budget-wise. Personally, it'd be awesome. The humans in game are a joke. They really can't fight back against your vampire powers, especially once you've hit prime vampire or higher, and offer zero challenge, or threat. As someone who loves vampires, I'd like prey that's a little more challenging.

It'd be fantastic if vampires, had something to genuinely fear in game, a source of conflict that forced them to adapt (like having defenses in place, a locked door, etc.) get stronger, and be smarter about revealing themselves in public. What if you bit someone in the middle of San Myshuno and it brought a whole pile of vampire-hunter heat down on you? it'd not only be awesome, but a A LOT, more realistic. Somehow a bunch of slack-jawed yokels just standing around while you bite someone feels pretty immersion shattering. I think the major reason is money. I'm hoping in a future game pack, with supernatural content (Please!!!!) they can add in a system like this, but, it's very hard to tell if they will. Hope that answers your question.
  • Options
    Snarly wrote: »
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > I was hoping they would add stakes, torches and vampire hunts when I first heard about the pack. But no. You fight off vampires with garlic and potions.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think stakes would be very Teen-rated :grimace:

Well, burning to death because you made the mistake of keeping your used yumcooker is pretty unpleasant too, but meets the requirements of a PG rating. I don't think a stake would be that different.

Well, the act of stabbing is very violent and aggressive and I don't remember at any time Sims could stab each other in any other games either w/o mods.
  • Options
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > Snarly wrote: »
    >
    > > @paradiseplanet said:
    > > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I was hoping they would add stakes, torches and vampire hunts when I first heard about the pack. But no. You fight off vampires with garlic and potions.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I don't think stakes would be very Teen-rated :grimace:
    >
    > Well, burning to death because you made the mistake of keeping your used yumcooker is pretty unpleasant too, but meets the requirements of a PG rating. I don't think a stake would be that different.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, the act of stabbing is very violent and aggressive and I don't remember at any time Sims could stab each other in any other games either w/o mods.

Have you seen a PG rated movie lately? or television show? the violence is, well, staggering, you would think, for a PG rating. PG isn't G. In the Sims you can burn to death while out in the sun (if you're a vampire), you can die to fire, electrocution, and drowning, none of which I would call pleasant.

You can have violence in PG rated games as long as it isn't gratuitous. So, stabbing, but, no blood for example, would meet the PG requirement. The presence of blood, would make it adult. It's one of the reasons why, for example, in a show like The Vampire Dairies, when the vampires drink, it's always very short, and shows next to no blood, to keep the PG rating. In True Blood, they do the opposite, lots of mouths on wounds, and blood, dripping everywhere, because its for mature audiences only.

I write for a living, so, I'm very aware, and studied up on what you can do, and not do, at various rating levels. It might seem like a fine line to you, which is totally fair, but from the ratings board stand point, they do draw that distinction.
  • Options
    Well, I'm pretty sure they're not going to add vampire hunters to the pack anytime soon, if ever. They don't go back and create a brand new feature for something that they planned on adding but didn't have the time/budget to add it. They would more likely take things out of a pack instead, like how they were this close to removing vampire break-ins altogether.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Snarly wrote: »
    > @Rae357 said:
    > Is this actually a thing in the game? Like there are sims who will try and cure your vampire?

Unfortunately no, and it's a terrible shame. There is code for them, or so I've heard, but it was never implemented because they ran out of money budget-wise. Personally, it'd be awesome. The humans in game are a joke. They really can't fight back against your vampire powers, especially once you've hit prime vampire or higher, and offer zero challenge, or threat. As someone who loves vampires, I'd like prey that's a little more challenging.

It'd be fantastic if vampires, had something to genuinely fear in game, a source of conflict that forced them to adapt (like having defenses in place, a locked door, etc.) get stronger, and be smarter about revealing themselves in public. What if you bit someone in the middle of San Myshuno and it brought a whole pile of vampire-hunter heat down on you? it'd not only be awesome, but a A LOT, more realistic. Somehow a bunch of slack-jawed yokels just standing around while you bite someone feels pretty immersion shattering. I think the major reason is money. I'm hoping in a future game pack, with supernatural content (Please!!!!) they can add in a system like this, but, it's very hard to tell if they will. Hope that answers your question.

I hope that they will add a new occult at some point next year and hopefully they will give the vampires a bit of a challenge. Right now they have little to fear beside the sun and that can be fixed if they just lvl up enough.
  • Options
    > @SilentKitty said:
    > Snarly wrote: »
    >
    > > @Rae357 said:
    > > Is this actually a thing in the game? Like there are sims who will try and cure your vampire?
    >
    > Unfortunately no, and it's a terrible shame. There is code for them, or so I've heard, but it was never implemented because they ran out of money budget-wise. Personally, it'd be awesome. The humans in game are a joke. They really can't fight back against your vampire powers, especially once you've hit prime vampire or higher, and offer zero challenge, or threat. As someone who loves vampires, I'd like prey that's a little more challenging.
    >
    > It'd be fantastic if vampires, had something to genuinely fear in game, a source of conflict that forced them to adapt (like having defenses in place, a locked door, etc.) get stronger, and be smarter about revealing themselves in public. What if you bit someone in the middle of San Myshuno and it brought a whole pile of vampire-hunter heat down on you? it'd not only be awesome, but a A LOT, more realistic. Somehow a bunch of slack-jawed yokels just standing around while you bite someone feels pretty immersion shattering. I think the major reason is money. I'm hoping in a future game pack, with supernatural content (Please!!!!) they can add in a system like this, but, it's very hard to tell if they will. Hope that answers your question.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope that they will add a new occult at some point next year and hopefully they will give the vampires a bit of a challenge. Right now they have little to fear beside the sun and that can be fixed if they just lvl up enough.

Yup, exactly, as a vampire you have far less conflict to deal with, simply by being a vampire. You can negate your needs for hygiene, and social just by spending points in the right places for example. It'd be fantastic if vampires were under at least, a little threat, and there was a point to having an entire families of vampires (so they could fight a pack of vampire-hunters.) Lots of potential, and it's strange too, because vampires were extremely popular as a game pack, so, it's not like something like that wouldn't sell well. Only time will tell if they do it.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    yeah, I also heard there was a vampire hunter aspiration that ended up getting cut for time--which is SUCH a bummer, imo :-/
  • Options
    It would be a cool addition if, along with garlic, vampires were affected by silver objects in the game, too. (Though I'm not sure how you'd define which objects those are.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    It would be a cool addition if, along with garlic, vampires were affected by silver objects in the game, too. (Though I'm not sure how you'd define which objects those are.)

The closest we get to silver affecting them in any way, is the thing where they don't show up in mirrors, which were traditionally made of silver in the past. But yeah.. it's not like there's a way to customize which cutlery/"silver"ware your sim uses.

And having an actual vampire hunter aspiration would be so good.. these immortal beings need a little more conflict in their lives!
    Imagine having vampire hunter break-ins, just like how we get vampire break-ins. And then we gotta find ways to prevent them from doing anything to harm our played vampires. Oh, add in normal burglars while we're at it too.
    It would also be convenient since I already do have a vampire hunter in my story.. he just doesn't have the aspiration he should have.

Did any modders try working on this yet?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    Omg that would be amazing! It could be incorporated with the Extreme Violence mod by Sacrificial, since there's the slay vampire interaction.
  • Options
    @Magdaleena Ah, you're right. I never put two and two together on mirrors and silver before.

Lots of cool ideas in this thread. I've been too nervous about mods to install any yet, but if a vampire hunter one existed, it would certainly tempt me.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well I have a Vampire slayer in my game but they just turn the vamp human - so as long as the vamps "behave" I leave them be - but if they go around breaking in and draining my sims much - well they get cured. If they behave themselves they can happily remain vamps.

I have no idea why some players cannot make a slayer - as I had no problem making my sim a slayer. Oddly his beloved is a Vampire and my slayer seems happy with her as one - but she's a good little vamp and happily sips her non-human packs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....