Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you put socks on your sims?

Comments

• Options
    itsbritneybeech1_itsbritneybeech1_ Posts: 15 New Member
    It depends on the outfit chosen.
    Only when they sleep haha
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    If I'm wearing like flip-flops or sandals, then I'm leaving the socks off. Shoes? Gotta have my socks. :wink:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    CerealmaniacCerealmaniac Posts: 24 Member
    Most of the time they don't need them, but it's mostly aesthetic for me.
  • Options
    comasyouarcomasyouar Posts: 25 Member
    I put socks on my Sims (if it goes with the outfit), even if you can't see them :D Just the idea of wearing sneakers without socks... ;)
    https://thesimsofsunsetvalley.wordpress.com
    The Sims of Sunset Valley recreated in The Sims 4
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Yes, why wouldn't you put socks on your sims?
    It all depends. If socks makes sense, yes. However, I am using HD Feet because the base feet in the game look awful, and it seems outdated and socks are not working right. Normally, I will put socks if they Sim is wearing sneakers or any other shoe that is not ‘open’. Sometimes, I have my kids not wear them, but that is usually on the ‘dressed themselves’ outfits.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I myself never wear socks, even in - degree weather so neither do my Sims except in certain situation. Formal/party and athletic wear but of course it just depends on the outfit. If a sim is wearing a nice dress where socks wouldn't fit or be approbriate then no. But also if the socks are not visible I also don't really bother with it. Also, like me, my Sims never wear socks with sleepwear but some do wear those cute little bunny slippers because they are just adorable.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    No, sims don't need socks.
    I don't like socks in real life, so neither do my sims.
  • Options
    alyssaisalwaysc00lalyssaisalwaysc00l Posts: 4 New Member
    I love very small detail when I'm playing, I feel like adding socks to shoes I'd normally wear socks with, makes the game more realistic
  • Options
    JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I think they are pretty essential to a pajama or cold weather outfit. I typically don't wear socks to bed irl though. I just think they are cute. Knee socks all way! Also, gotta have that argyle. ;)
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    It's not that I don't like them, its that I forget they exist. :D You can't see them under a lot of the clothes that I would add them to anyway.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    I never put socks on my sims. I don't care for the way they look. Esp on male sims with the a-bit-too-short pants legs.
  • Options
    AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    Even though most people wear socks with tennis shoes, but I don't make my sims wear them since usually they can't be seen that much. With skirts I usually add thigh highs/knee socks/tights though! They're cute and I can't pass 'em up unless it's a summer outfit
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    Nah, by the time I get through hair, makeup accessories and multiple outfits I don't remember to. Maybe with a men's formal look.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    More often than not -- I often add socks as a little touch of personality, which is something I know from real life. I have dress a certain way for work, for church, or whatever -- but I like wearing fun socks underneath the black/grey slacks.
  • Options
    cactusflowercactusflower Posts: 31 Member
    I almost always add socks to their sleepwear, I think it looks cute even though I don't wear them to sleep myself.

Most of the men's suits need socks to cover up their ankles, and I'll use them for many of the athletic outfits as well. Sometimes if a sim is wearing a skirt or a dress, the knee socks pair nicely.

I love the mismatching socks that the kids can wear, that's the sort of thing I did when I was little too.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    For kids and toddlers, nearly always. For teens and up it depends. For any age, if they won't be seen with the pants, I won't bother with socks.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Especially the mismatched socks for kids, they're so cute!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    When not to wear socks! :D

qptVL08.jpg
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    @cornflake88 🤣🤣 Sims apparently don't get toe jam.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @cornflake88, Where'd you get a picture of my dad! Used to emberass the heck out of me that he'd wear brightly colored socks with sandals. :p
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I really should have clicked the "it depends on the outfit chosen" option, but overall, my sims have to be wearing socks. If the females are wearing boots, they're wearing either knee highs, leggings, or tights. When they're wearing any other shoe, I don't bother. If the guys are wearing pretty much any shoe other than sandals and slip-ons, they gotta be wearing socks. I actually go around and make sure every townie and premade is wearing socks when appropriate in my saves. Now that I think about it, I really don't know why it bothers me so much if they're sock-less. :lol:
  • Options
    Scorp_ionScorp_ion Posts: 18 Member
    Mostly...I just wish there were smaller socks to put on, it looks weird to have no socks but when you put them on, it looks really dorky when you have boat shoes with socks that go up half the leg :/
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    I voted yes, but really it should have been "depends on the outfit chosen". So, no socks with sandals, swimwear, and some sleepwear are the exceptions I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Depends on the outfit, but more often than not. Now that I have downloaded the mod that makes Sims to remove their shoes when they get inside (because who walks with dirty shoes inside the house??) I give my Sims socks if I think the outfit needs them.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Judith Ward at the spice festival looking smug in her socks :D:D

Hj8sjVE.jpg