Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims just walk away while you’re conversating?

I guess it’s always been a problem in my game, but I’ve really never heard others complaining about it so now I’m curious. Anytime my sim stops someone on the street, meets someone at an event, gym, club etc. 7/10 they after 2-3 interactions will literally just walk away, without saying anything. I’ll have interactions in my queue and they’ll just drop. I can normally chase them back down but it’s getting annoying. Does anyone else deal with this?

Comments

• Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    I deal with this all the time. My sims also have like, the worst attention span or maybe sims that mine talks to do. Sometimes they walk away then the action disappears. It's real annoying, this is why I turn off autonomy for my own sake.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Yep! It's so rude! :D Even other Sims in my household do this, so during their conversations I switch between them constantly to make sure they don't go running off suddenly.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Yes, I do and I think it's a matter of traits, they just don't have any in common. Sometimes the discussion goes so well I have to cut it short. Next time, I'll go check the sims's traits into the family manager. I'm almost sure it has something to do with the traits.

There are also the sim that are simply on their way to work.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I think it is partially based on trait compatibility, as well as social need vs. other needs and probably also how good of a relationship the sims already have. My Sims have friends that will stand around and do nothing but chat for half a day and others that scurry about doing other things within just a few interactions.

What else is on the lot to interact with and the traits and/or mood the sims have that make them like doing certain things probably factor in as well. My Sims have one friend that if we get together to go work out (the gym) always shoots straight for the punching bags which are in a different area than the other workout equipment where most of the sims go. Sims seem to have preferences... lol
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes. Sims are so rude sometimes! I usually have to keep their pending actions about 4 deep so they are less likely to walk away with interactions in the queue.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    OMG, yes. I often stack interactions in the queue because of this. But members are right that it doesn't always help. Ask To Hang Out often helps, if it's a Sim I have bumped into out and about. But when we're at the house, it doesn't apply, and indeed, often isn't even available. "I invited you over, would you just hang out with me, for Plumbob sake?" "No, my dear husband, get OFF the computer, we need to talk." I do use the SCAM part of MCCC to disable autonomy on most objects in the houses I play most. But I'm never quite sure if that leads to more idling in place. I suppose it definitely does for Sims I'm not controlling atm. I guess that's what the devs go through, too. "People hate that Sims stand around talking all day..." Tries to fix the issue. "Oh, now they run away in the middle of the convo...aargh!"
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Yeah, I guess I always thought it was because they had to get to work or school, or to get to sleep or pee.

In fact, after 1000+ hours of playing I’m pretty sure that’s what it is. I could be wrong but that’s what I always felt it was anyways
  • Options
    Nalanii95Nalanii95 Posts: 16 Member
    Yeah same in my game. Sometimes, when they finally stop going away, they look at each other for hours without any interaction. So annoying lol
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I find it funny how rude they are. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    It's nice to had Sims are not mindless robot but had their own will, to make game more fun, otherwise it's all too easy. I do feel a annoying sometime but in the end, my sims let them go, and try next time or other day if's my sims want or need friend with that sims to hang out, maybe sims had to go somewhere busy. It's would be something wrong if within household you control, but I had no problem if is sims doing that outside of household you control but can't control over other sims that are not part of your household you control over currently.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I’m over here trying to find a love connection for my legacy founder and my best bet is the food vendor guy, since he won’t run away :D
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited November 2018
    All the time! It's maddening! Sometimes I'll invite guests to chat with my Sim in a room near the front entrance, and then as soon as they're in, I lock the room's door. That's what I did for my serial romancer, but that was because I needed her conquests to stick around and be painted after the act. I've sometimes wondered if there's a mod for "No random sitting down / wandering away in the middle of a conversation".
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    All the time! It's maddening! Sometimes I'll invite guests to chat with my Sim in a room near the front entrance, and then as soon as they're in, I lock the room's door. That's what I did for my serial romancer, but that was because I needed her conquests to stick around and be painted after the act. I've sometimes wondered if there's a mod for "No random sitting down / wandering away in the middle of a conversation".

...locking a sim in with you is "serial" something behaviour, but romancer isn't what usually comes after the word serial....
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, since day one, it's shallow.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    [

...locking a sim in with you is "serial" something behaviour, but romancer isn't what usually comes after the word serial....

Hah, well -- that's one mod I don't have.

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Yeah, I guess I always thought it was because they had to get to work or school, or to get to sleep or pee.

In fact, after 1000+ hours of playing I’m pretty sure that’s what it is. I could be wrong but that’s what I always felt it was anyways

It's not necessarily that. I've had two sims on a date sit down together only to watch one of them get up seconds later and sit by his/herself at a nearby table, doing nothing.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’ve had this since the beginning. Having to watch your sim run after a sim walking away is frustrating. They also do it after dates. They don’t always say bye but just walk away.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Yes! And it has gotten worse lately, since the recent patch. It's not just the other sim walking off, now my sim cancels any action to talk that I line up and wanders off. Trying to get flirty with a sim is infuriating as just when it's getting started the conversation ends and I have to start all over again.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I feel your pain. Today, my poor Sim was busy singing his heart out trying to gain fame, and people just walked away. He's a Notable Newcomer, too. And a level 10 singer, to boot!

As for conversing Sims to just stop and one walk away. Yeah. It's a problem. Guess the Sim decided it was better to walk away than to say something regrettable. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    It's either they walk away in the middle of the conversation, or while two sims are having a date/hanging out a random stranger sim decides to come and join the conversation, making it awkward(if it's a date)