Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will my sim be able to get an award in actor career?

Hi, I've been waiting for completing 'receive an award' milestone but I have no clue when it will happen.

Untitled-38.png

My sim got promoted to the top of actor career today.

Untitled-39.png

But I'm still stuck on this milestone. I found 2 awards in family inventory and don't know when he got these 2. I placed the awards on the coffee table at home. Is there any other awards? My sim is proper celebrity now.

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Has your sim gone to the Starlight Accolade event?
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    I am also still working on this one. Keep doing acting jobs and sometimes after one you will get the message that you have been nominated for a award. Then go to the award ceremony on Sunday night and see if you get one.

I have only been nominated once so far.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @VentusMatt Ahh no I haven't heard about that award name yet.

@PhotogSim Oh thank you. I need to keep it up until getting that alert? Thank you so much! :D
  • Options
    cejaceja Posts: 33 Member
    I finally had to cheat this step in the aspiration as it was bugged for me. My sim "won" two different awards and went to the ceremony. They announced her name and they never showed up in her inventory of family inventory.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Has your sim gone to the Starlight Accolade event?
    I didn’t know this was we had to go that for the award, mine says it was a normal event so I thought it wasn’t it. I assumed since it was a award event it would say something other than “normal”
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My Sim was able to complete this early on, in the acting career. The Starlight Accolades Award Event will show up on your calendar. Just have your Sim go if they've been nominated.
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    I was nominated once and did not win lol. I go to every award ceremony and nothing yet.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    starlight accolades show up only on lounge lots with one of the two new non-residential traits with the pack. i forget which trait specifically (the other trait has another unique event show up on lounges with the other trait). they happen on sundays and, being events, can be overshadowed by holidays on your calendar if you have seasons installed

as for how to get nominated, your sim needs to do a risky version of every one of their scenes and succeed at them. it seems like you can only be nominated once a week, though (venessa has done that 3 times in one week, only got nominated for the first one. and still has a day to go before she can attend the ceremony)

you will get a pop-up saying the sim was nominated if they were, and when and where the accolades will be. i haven't actually finished the second in-game week since the pack was released, so haven't attended the ceremony yet, but soon
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Your sim can also get nominated for other things. I believe their are 4 awards but I don't know what they are or how you get nominated for them.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you've still got the original museum in del sol, you can actually see what all four rewards are (i replaced the lot already and am slowly working on remodeling it again). i do recall that the toilet one was apparently created by and for sims with a bad reputation, so i'm guessing it and the one it mirrors involve the two new party types that need those reps. but not sure
  • Options
    39.png

I found these 2 trophy in my family inventory. Where are these trophy from?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    39.png

I found these 2 trophy in my family inventory. Where are these trophy from?

Have you done any meet and greet events?
    One of the reward is a golden throphy...
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    My Sim was able to complete this early on, in the acting career. The Starlight Accolades Award Event will show up on your calendar. Just have your Sim go if they've been nominated.

I have seasons... is the calendar available for those who don't have seasons?
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    barraakeno wrote: »

No, those without Seasons don't have the calendar.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    barraakeno wrote: »

@barraakeno No calendar, but they should get a notification for the event instead.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @EgonVM Yes I found that those are from charity and greet events. And Eventually, I got the answer from notification.

2.png

I'm looking forward to getting the award soon.:D
  • Options
    Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    My Sim has been nominated four times and have made it to Proper Celebrity. She never wins. My Sim is so Susan Lucci. Is there any way to cheat Fame Points like you could to get Club perk points?
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    ceja wrote: »
    I finally had to cheat this step in the aspiration as it was bugged for me. My sim "won" two different awards and went to the ceremony. They announced her name and they never showed up in her inventory of family inventory.

This also happened to my sim. He won the award for best new actor but nothing ever showed up in his inventory, the household inventory or there was no trait or buff from it.
  • Options
    LyndseykinsLyndseykins Posts: 2 New Member
    This step was incredibly frustrating for me. I initially thought the award ceremony was on TV - didn't see anything mention it being at a lot. Finally found a tweet mentioning its on any lot that is 'The Hottest Spot in Town'. I went to the high star lounge and sat at the chair on Sunday.

During the ceremony, your name can be called for an award and it says 'check your inventory' but that's not what you need to do to get credit. If your name is called for winning an award, you need to click the microphone and use 'accept award'. You'll give a quick speech and then the award is in your inventory. I almost missed it entirely.

Hope this helps someone!
  • Options
    @Lyndseykins Thanks so much for the great tip. I'm still waiting for the award. I wasted whole day to make my vamp sim angry to complete the mission. I don't have angry serum as my sim hasn't worked at science career. pheww..
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Guys I Just had the weirdest thing happen to my sim.

So for about 5 sims weeks now I have been trying to get another nomination for my actor sim (who is already at top of the acting career)
    but I never got any nominations.

However one Sunday when the award ceremony took place I decided to attend even though I was NOT nominated. To my surprise my sim won a Starlight accolade
    3tCVics.png

As you can see it was for best book instead :D. But my sim has never even written any books in the past few sim weeks or gotten a notification of being notified of getting a nomination for a book.

This award completed the task of winning an award for the Actor aspiration. I was finally able to move on to the next step of the aspiration :o

This could mean a few things:

1. Nominations might be bugged since my sim just won an award without being nominated. Maybe my sim was nominated for his acting instead but it never shows up in notifications.
    2. Apparently winning any Starlight accolade can complete the actor aspiration milestone.
    3. For now you guys need to attend the Awards ceremony at 6pm Sunday even though you were not nominated for acting if you are high in the career, you might just get a surprise win like me , even if it was for a non-existent book instead of acting :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    Skr0alaSkr0ala Posts: 286 Member
    if there isnt an option already, there should be a prompt where if you werent there but youve won, maybe have the award mailed to you?

like a "Greg couldnt be here tonight but we'll accept this on his behalf." kind of thing.

cause im just now finding out its an event I have to go to. i was just told (if i remember correctly it would be on tv but i may be wrong) and i never know if i won or not :(
    "Be Happy, Stay Happy"-Lee Jooheon ( Stan Monsta X )
    tumblr_n5dk7cOnt91qbvmm2o1_500.gif

• Options

During the ceremony, your name can be called for an award and it says 'check your inventory' but that's not what you need to do to get credit. If your name is called for winning an award, you need to click the microphone and use 'accept award'. You'll give a quick speech and then the award is in your inventory. I almost missed it entirely.

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you for this great tip. My sim eventually got the message and he was able to blow kiss to everyone on microphone holding the trophy in his hand. Also the milestone for 'earn award' is completed with this. Thank you so much.:D

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Guys I Just had the weirdest thing happen to my sim.

So for about 5 sims weeks now I have been trying to get another nomination for my actor sim (who is already at top of the acting career)
    but I never got any nominations.

However one Sunday when the award ceremony took place I decided to attend even though I was NOT nominated. To my surprise my sim won a Starlight accolade
    3tCVics.png

As you can see it was for best book instead :D. But my sim has never even written any books in the past few sim weeks or gotten a notification of being notified of getting a nomination for a book.

This award completed the task of winning an award for the Actor aspiration. I was finally able to move on to the next step of the aspiration :o

This could mean a few things:

1. Nominations might be bugged since my sim just won an award without being nominated. Maybe my sim was nominated for his acting instead but it never shows up in notifications.
    2. Apparently winning any Starlight accolade can complete the actor aspiration milestone.
    3. For now you guys need to attend the Awards ceremony at 6pm Sunday even though you were not nominated for acting if you are high in the career, you might just get a surprise win like me , even if it was for a non-existent book instead of acting :D

I'm going to take part in the award ceremony again to get another one like your case. I like your posting. :D My sim is on top of acting career and he won the prize in acting gig. :)

8.png

• Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    ceja wrote: »
    You have to accept the award at the microphone to have the award appear in your inventory (household). I learned this the hard way (won an award, but didn't receive it. The notification board message is misleading). Also, the moderator blocks the microphone. The next time my Sim won an award, I went into the build mode to move the mic so that my Sim could accept the award (click on microphone). After the acceptance speech, I moved the mic back so that the moderator could continue with the awards ceremony.