Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I’ve got to be missing the post where everyone is showing off their new builds with terrain tools?

Is there a thread/discussion post dedicated to simmers showing off their new builds with terrain tools? I was looking forward to checking out everyone’s builds since I’m not a huge builder myself. I’ve checked in multiple sections of forum. I must just be missing it lol.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Someone started one yesterday, but it didn't get any replies. I think people are still getting used to using them for now.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    @Cupid ok, I’m sure it takes getting used to so that makes sense. Thank you
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    DsBsyJcU4AEn5tN.jpg:large

They can be quite tricky. I tried doing a walk out basement, but I didn't like the results. The same goes for raising the terrain and creating a canyon behind the backyard. For now, I'm keeping it simple and giving the lot a little bit of a rise and smoothing out the perimeter. From above it's not noticeable but from ground level you can see it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    This is a first try, took forever and it's nothing special.
    lEjdx1W.png
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm currently working on a build. I've decided to keep the terrain elevation subtle.
    tumblr_pi90oiuEcc1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pi90oiuEcc1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    lEjdx1W.png

You say it's nothing special, but it's so adorable. It doesn't need to be a mountain to make a difference. It looks great!
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’m loving the builds, thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    Monday wrote: »
    simm621 wrote: »
    lEjdx1W.png

You say it's nothing special, but it's so adorable. It doesn't need to be a mountain to make a difference. It looks great!

Thank you :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    @simm621 that house is absolutely beautiful. That lower level looks like it would be perfect for an inlaw suite. Do you have any interior pics? I'd love to see the layout.
  • Options
    @simm621 that house is absolutely beautiful. That lower level looks like it would be perfect for an inlaw suite. Do you have any interior pics? I'd love to see the layout.
    Sorry, I don't have any. I deleted my save folder for a clean start when GF came out and forgot to save to my library first.

• Options
    TexasBears69TexasBears69 Posts: 25 Member
    Wow, everyone is looking great in their builds. When I get promoted so I can post pictures I will show you my first build. It turned out really nice and I am now hooked on terrain tool. :)
  • Options
    TexasBears69TexasBears69 Posts: 25 Member
    Just made full member so I wanted to share this lot I renovated with the new terrain tool. I call it "My little Bungalow". It started out as a flat lot with the kitchen den area only but when the terrain tool I went crazy and put in a split-level pool and master suite. Walled in my garden and did some decorating. Basically depleted my bank account but loved every minute of it!
    I realized these photos are huge. Any suggestions to make them smaller but still clear I am open to learning. :smile:

Front view:
    khtGxw.jpg

Open view. The lower left hand side was my total house before the remodel. The garden was unwalled. This was the empty lot on the island in Windenburg. Then I had some fun with the terrain tool and installed the pool and seperate master suite.
    jcwVHm.jpg

Side view. Just a different perspective with landscaping.
    tfTDEw.jpg