Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last exception help, infinite loop error

I run a heavily modded game and most of the time I can root out the problem myself, mainly because the error will name the file that's causing the problem but I've got no such luck this time. I've run into a problem where a keystroke I haven't yet identified causes an infinite loop of last exception error messages. Thus far it's only been caused in build mode, but once it starts it'll continue even in live mode until I restart the game.

Can I get some help figuring out which file is causing the loop?

This is the line of code going on infinitely.
<report>
        <version>2</version>
        <sessionid>b441cfa52aa1ae35be8bfbe</sessionid>
        <type>desync</type>
        <sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
        <createtime>2018-11-11 17:10:25</createtime>
        <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.46.18.1020-1.200.000.364.Release</buildsignature>
        <categoryid>animation_element.py:706</categoryid>
        <desyncid>b441cfa52aa1ae35be8bfbe</desyncid>
        <systemconfig/>
        <screenshot/>
        <desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: ASM Stand_Idle is being called repeatedly with a zero-length duration.&#xD;
        Interaction: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stand_Passive'&gt;&#xD;
        Posture: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.posture_Stand'&gt;&#xD;
        States: ('Stand_Idle',) -&gt; ('exit',)&#xD;
        )&#xD;
        Traceback (most recent call last):&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 706, in do_begin&#xD;
        RuntimeError: ASM Stand_Idle is being called repeatedly with a zero-length duration.&#xD;
        Interaction: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stand_Passive'&gt;&#xD;
        Posture: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.posture_Stand'&gt;&#xD;
        States: ('Stand_Idle',) -&gt; ('exit',)&#xD;
        &#xD;
    </desyncdata>
</report>
2nte6j4.png

Comments

• Options
    SomeoneForgetableSomeoneForgetable Posts: 209 Member
    @rosemow So this is a problem with the game its self? Okay. Thanks, this'll be horrible but at least now I know I can get out of the loop by exiting the lot instead of restarting the game.

Thanks for the fast response.
    2nte6j4.png
  • Options
    SomeoneForgetableSomeoneForgetable Posts: 209 Member
    @rosemow You're really pushing me to update... if this weren't about a game I'd be suspicious that you're trying to get me to sell my soul (¬︿¬)
    Jokes on you though, I already sold it when I bought this game! (Anyway, I just really enjoy the mods I play with and I'll wait until they are updated before I instal the patch)
    2nte6j4.png
  • Options
    TR254TR254 Posts: 4 New Member
    I was wondering whenever someone has time if I could get some feedback on an LE I have been getting. I am a new-ISH member.. I registered a few months ago but I never posted anything. The title of my LE is lastException_63678547085.txt and in the text is written:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    </root>

That's it. I have gotten this LE a few times before the Get Famous patch and I got it again recently. I usually have been able to figure out what causes an LE and I fee like this one will have a simple solution I am just not very knowledgable of coding. Thank you for any and all advice.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    TR254 wrote: »

I was wondering whenever someone has time if I could get some feedback on an LE I have been getting. I am a new-ISH member.. I registered a few months ago but I never posted anything. The title of my LE is lastException_63678547085.txt and in the text is written:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

That's it. I have gotten this LE a few times before the Get Famous patch and I got it again recently. I usually have been able to figure out what causes an LE and I fee like this one will have a simple solution I am just not very knowledgable of coding. Thank you for any and all advice.

Hello @TR254
    Could you please copy and paste all of the LE text here ? We need to see all that is written in the LE. We will then to try to help you work out the cause of the LE.
    Also, what was your sims doing when the LE was generated?
  • Options
    Thank you for replying @rosemow !! The LE occurs first thing when I load my game and go into a lot it doesn't matter if I open a lot in build mode or if the lot is loaded in the play mode. The other strange thing is that the LE is only two lines long. I know that they are usually longer but this one says 'root' at the beginning and end with < and > so it disappeared when I pasted it earlier. I will put spaces in between that part of the LE and hopefully it will show up. And I hope how I explained it makes sense lol

<?xml version="1.0" ?>< root >
    < / root >

I put spaces between <,/,>, and root but in the LE there are not spaces
  • Options
    Thank you for replying @rosemow !! The LE occurs first thing when I load my game and go into a lot it doesn't matter if I open a lot in build mode or if the lot is loaded in the play mode. The other strange thing is that the LE is only two lines long. I know that they are usually longer but this one says 'root' at the beginning and end with < and > so it disappeared when I pasted it earlier. I will put spaces in between that part of the LE and hopefully it will show up. And I hope how I explained it makes sense lol

<?xml version="1.0" ?>< root >
    < / root >

I put spaces between <,/,>, and root but in the LE there are not spaces

Are you having any game issues due to it being generated ? The LE doesn’t give any reason why it is being generated. If you are not having issues in your game as a result of it, you may not need to take notice of it.
  • Options
    @rosemow

I haven't noticed any issues YET. Hopefully none develop. MCCC does tell me when it occurs half the time and thats the main reason I got curious enough to ask. Thanks again! I knew I had to be overthinking it lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @rosemow

I haven't noticed any issues YET. Hopefully none develop. MCCC does tell me when it occurs half the time and thats the main reason I got curious enough to ask. Thanks again! I knew I had to be overthinking it lol.

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    CrazedCubanaaCrazedCubanaa Posts: 7 New Member
    Can someone help? private practice mod never works with me it always causes last exception even though i've gotten the recent version
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Can someone help? private practice mod never works with me it always causes last exception even though i've gotten the recent version
    If this is the mod that has been created using Neias's Career Tool, then I believe it's not been updated to the latest python version (I think Neia is ill and hasn't gotten round to updating yet). Perhaps have a word with the mod creator?
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    > @aldavor said:
    > CrazedCubanaa wrote: »
    >
    > Can someone help? private practice mod never works with me it always causes last exception even though i've gotten the recent version
    >
    >
    >
    > If this is the mod that has been created using Neias's Career Tool, then I believe it's not been updated to the latest python version (I think Neia is ill and hasn't gotten round to updating yet). Perhaps have a word with the mod creator?

I'm not sure? it's by SimRealist.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Hello @CrazedCubana
    Try removing the version of the mod that you have, and redownload the mod again.. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then only place that one private practice mod in your mods folder, load the game and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Can someone help? private practice mod never works with me it always causes last exception even though i've gotten the recent version
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CrazedCubana
    > Try removing the version of the mod that you have, and redownload the mod again.. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    >
    > Then only place that one private practice mod in your mods folder, load the game and see if the issues remain.

I did it and it's definitely that mod
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CrazedCubana
    > Try removing the version of the mod that you have, and redownload the mod again.. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    >
    > Then only place that one private practice mod in your mods folder, load the game and see if the issues remain.

I did it and it's definitely that mod

You may need to be in touch with the mod creator and explain to them about the issues that you are having with the mod.
  • Options
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>46f6a08f001ece835c049947</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-12-02 21:48:30</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.51.1020-1.200.000.375.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2116</categoryid><desyncid>46f6a08f001ece835c049947</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 15614268044698463640 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction.
    TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. (ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 150, in c_api_server_init_tick
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 144, in _execute_gen
    File "D:\SVN\S4_Modules\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 122, in _wrapper_function
    File "D:\SVN\S4_Modules\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 244, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 433, in load_data_into_class_instances
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 658, in load_from_xml
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 703, in feed
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 747, in _load_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 796, in _load_tunable
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1438, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 371, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2129, in load_etree_node
    File "D:\SVN\S4_Modules\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 122, in _wrapper_function
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2116, in load_etree_node
    ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.
    rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
    </root>
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > If you have any custom traits @CrazedCubanaa , try removing them and see if the issues remain.

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>46f6a08f001ece835c049947</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-12-02 21:48:30</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.47.51.1020-1.200.000.375.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable.py:2116</categoryid><desyncid>46f6a08f001ece835c049947</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Caught exception loading reference. RefName: 15614268044698463640 Manager: InstanceManager_interaction.
    TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction. (ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 150, in c_api_server_init_tick
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 144, in _execute_gen
    File "D:\SVN\S4_Modules\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 244, in inject_load_data_into_class_instances
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 433, in load_data_into_class_instances
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 658, in load_from_xml
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 703, in feed
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 747, in _load_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 796, in _load_tunable
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1438, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 371, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2129, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 2116, in load_etree_node
    ValueError: TunableReference is set to a value that is not allowed by its class restriction.
    </root>
  • Options
    mzoopomzoopo Posts: 6 New Member
    can someone help me? I have lots of mods but I can't figure out which is causing this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 459, in exported_func
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\statistic_component.py", line 857, in suspend_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\statistic_component.py", line 729, in remove_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 937, in remove_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\base_statistic.py", line 371, in remove_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\life_skill_statistic.py", line 277, in _on_statistic_modifier_changed
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\life_skill_statistic.py", line 342, in create_and_send_commodity_update_msg
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'send_headline_message'
    </root>
  • Options
    mzoopo wrote: »
    can someone help me? I have lots of mods but I can't figure out which is causing this

<?xml version="1.0"?>

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 459, in exported_func
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\statistic_component.py", line 857, in suspend_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\statistic_component.py", line 729, in remove_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\continuous_statistic.py", line 937, in remove_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\base_statistic.py", line 371, in remove_statistic_modifier
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\life_skill_statistic.py", line 277, in _on_statistic_modifier_changed
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\life_skill_statistic.py", line 342, in create_and_send_commodity_update_msg
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'send_headline_message'
    rtim=0

Hello @mzoopo
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    afrinarashsafrinarashs Posts: 2 New Member
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 612, in do_begin

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 995, in request

RuntimeError: ASM :: Book_StartStop_atSurface (HANDLE :: 77869)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x00007FF5D8B8F5D0; to 'object_sim' at 0x00007FF58958F750>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>), 'book': (<weakref at 0x00007FF5D4B6BBA8; to 'Book_Homework_Teen' at 0x00007FF58F3AAF10>, None, <AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103>), 'surface': (<weakref at 0x00007FF5D3EAEEF0; to 'object_tableDining_3x1' at 0x00007FF58D63DF50>, '5', <AnimationParticipant.SURFACE = 106>)} (debug context: running Book_Homework_Teen:15684 on Book_Homework_Teen:0x0c0608af4874841d (guaranteed))

rtim=0</desyncdata>
    </report>
    </root>

hi what does the runtime error means? helpppp
  • Options
    afrinarashsafrinarashs Posts: 2 New Member
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 612, in do_begin

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 995, in request

RuntimeError: ASM :: Book_StartStop_atSurface (HANDLE :: 77869)>: Attempt to traverse between two states (entry -> exit) where no valid path exists! Actors {'x': (<weakref at 0x00007FF5D8B8F5D0; to 'object_sim' at 0x00007FF58958F750>, None, <AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101>), 'book': (<weakref at 0x00007FF5D4B6BBA8; to 'Book_Homework_Teen' at 0x00007FF58F3AAF10>, None, <AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103>), 'surface': (<weakref at 0x00007FF5D3EAEEF0; to 'object_tableDining_3x1' at 0x00007FF58D63DF50>, '5', <AnimationParticipant.SURFACE = 106>)} (debug context: running Book_Homework_Teen:15684 on Book_Homework_Teen:0x0c0608af4874841d (guaranteed))

rtim=0</desyncdata>
    </report>
    </root>

helppppppp