Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Parenthood

MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
I really want to try it, but is it pointless to have if you mostly play with aging off?

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If it's aging off with only adults, yeah. But if you have kids that you keep young, I'd say it adds to the experience.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It could still be interesting I suppose. The character values become kind of pointless if no one is going to age up but you could get use out of the other features and you could always cheat the reward traits onto your grown sims.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimmerUnikornSimmerUnikorn Posts: 80 Member
    I mainly got it for the cas and build mode items but i also like how you can ground kids and they can go through phases and other things it just brings more reality to the typical "rebellious teen" or many other things.
    -Simmer Unikorn
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited November 2018
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    If it's aging off with only adults, yeah. But if you have kids that you keep young, I'd say it adds to the experience.

Key phrase "adds to the experience." Think I'll give it a shot when it's back on sale - I have
    a lot of toddlers and kids!
  • Options
    SimmerUnikornSimmerUnikorn Posts: 80 Member
    > @MadIris said:
    > icmnfrsh wrote: »
    >
    > If it's aging off with only adults, yeah. But if you have kids that you keep young, I'd say it adds to the experience.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Key phrase "adds to the experience." Think I'll give it a shot when it's back on sale - I have
    > a lot of toddlers and kids!

I always wait for the sales too lol
    -Simmer Unikorn
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I play in aging off too and parenthood really adds a lot to my gameplay.
    One small feature not nearly popular enough is for a parent to tell a child to do things (rather than, taking control of the child and playing them like a tiny independant adult sim).
    And even without character value traits, you still benefit from everything else like new activities and new interactions.

Plus I could be wrong, but I think children act according to their character values already. Need to test it out.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I really enjoy it and I mostly play with aging off. Definitely beneficial for your sim families that have younger sims toddler to teen.

Had two teens constantly fighting with one another, one of them always having an attitude and rolling their eye had another had an emotional melt down and have a fit. Mom autonomously tried to calm her down and only made it worse.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Plus I could be wrong, but I think children act according to their character values already. Need to test it out.

They don't, the values have no impact on their own. Only the traits.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)