Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Could Use an Improved Genetics System

worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I really do think that TS4 could afford to have a better genetics system. These are the ways in which I think that it could be improved. Feel free to add your input and suggest more ideas!

Natural and Dyed Hair
I think it would be awesome if we could specify if a Sim's hair color is natural or dyed. If the Sim's hair happens to be dyed, then we can specify which color is their natural hair color. The natural hair color is what can be potentially passed on to offspring. Also, the "unnatural" hair colors that we have to choose from, as of now, are impossible to be inherited. And on top of that, they cannot be given to kids. It personally think that's really boring. If we want to be able to have Sims with naturally pink/blue/green/gray/white whatever hair color, be they adult or child, then I think we should be allowed to! These hair colors, if natural, should also be able to be passed down!

Alien/Human Hybrids
As of now, Sims resulting from Alien/human unions are either marked as human or alien, although the Sims that are marked as human can still inherit their alien parent's skintone. I think this is neat. However, I do think that there could still be improvements. For example:
- Hybrid children marked as alien have a chance to inherit hair and eyebrows rather than being bald. No need to add hair in CAS. They can either inherit their human parent's hair color, or even their alien parent's hair color, if they have hair. Hybrid children marked as alien with parents who both have hair and eyebrows will always inherit hair and eyebrows. These children, however, can never inherit a human ear shape. They CAN inherit a human skintone, though, but ONLY if the human parent has one of the skintones circled in red.
tumblr_inline_phdis03DNf1rui6jz_400.png
- Hybrid children marked as human, aside from possibly having an alien skintone, should also have a chance to inherit pointy alien ears. They can inherit pointy ears regardless of if they have an alien or human skintone. They cannot, however, inherit an alien eye color, and will always have hair and eyebrows.

Vampire/Human Hybrids
These hybrids, right now, are always marked as either human or vampire. Those that are marked as human, however, cannot inherit pointy ears. I think that this should be possible!

Alien/Vampire Hybrids
In the game's current state, this hybrids are unsupported and are only possible if a vampire is abducted by aliens. I think that's a darn shame! These should definitely be a thing! Here's how I would do them:
- These hybrids are either marked as alien or vampire. There is no in-between. The only way to get a true hybrid with both sets of powers is if a vampire gets abducted.
- Hybrids marked as vampire can inherit alien skintones and pointy ears, but never alien eyes. It's only possible for them to have vampire powers.
- Hybrids marked as alien can inherit their vampire parent's skintone as long as it's one of the skintones circled in red.
tumblr_inline_phdis03DNf1rui6jz_400.png
If not, though, then they will always inherit their alien parent's skintone. They cannot, however, inherit rounded ears. If both of their parents have pointy ears, albeit with different shapes, it's possible for them to inherit either shape. They're capable of inheriting their vampire parent's eyes, but only if it's one of the eyes circled in red.
tumblr_inline_phdk9jPpZl1rui6jz_500.jpg
They also have a chance at having hair and eyebrows without having to add them on in CAS. Hybrid children marked as alien with parents who both have hair and eyebrows will always have hair and eyebrows. It's only possible for these hybrids to have alien powers.

Thoughts? Also, side note, I totally think that the TS2 alien skintone should be brought back as one of the options for aliens!
Post edited by worldofdrakan on

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I find it odd when I have a sim with a body type completely different than their parents once they age up. Like having no chin or having no shoulders or hips. It's very strange. I really like your ideas listed above too 😊
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited October 2018
    It sounds like most of your alien genetics apply only to sims made via CAS. A sim born from an alien and human will be a hybrid that will have human eyes and ears, but no disguise or powers (they still get unique socials). Pregnancy between a sim and alien will never create a pure alien. I honestly don’t know if hybrids created in cas act like hybrids or just sims, because I’ve never bothered making one. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lifestates/aliens.php

I’ve also never bred an alien and a vampire before, but honestly, mixing supernaturals could apparently cause some serious issues, so I understand them trying to prevent that.

Edit: also I think a part alien dhampir sounds kinda dumb.
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    genetics in sims 4 needs IMO a serious overhaul as it seems tooooo basic and restricted.

idk where i read it but it was noted in sims 4 that children will only inherit features from their parents. so if one parent is a blonde and the other has black hair, and they have a blonde child who marries a blonde then their children are pretty much guaranteed to only be blonde. it also annoys me how i cant have outrageous coloured hair pass down the lines

itd be great for a return of sims 2 genetics where 3 generations in an eye or hair colour from a family founder could surface or in the points mentioned above, alien/vampire/other supernaturals (when released), could have grandchildren and other decedents with the unique colouring options. id like genetics to go a step further, and have sim decedents randomly born with supernatual powers, for example an alien was a founder and 4 generations later hes been the only alien in the family and one of the great grandkids can read minds or if they release fairies a fairy decedent can magically revive plants.

i personally like to have the pointy elf ears on my sims but ive yet to find a way in CAS to have point elf ears on non supernatual sims which for me is disappointingly a genetic option lacking from previous games. i like the points above for 'dyed hair' and with get famous its a great opportunity to bring in 'beauty parlour' retail lots and beauty related careers down the track where we could have permanent and temporary hair colours.

itd be nice if true to genetics the hybrid sims were a mash-up of each parent where if its got a vampire parent they could teleport in bat form but then due to the alien parent it could have a disguise. as mentioned above i can also understand why its one or the other but hopefully they could revamp it a bit so we can have more unique sims
    I find it odd when I have a sim with a body type completely different than their parents once they age up. Like having no chin or having no shoulders or hips. It's very strange. I really like your ideas listed above too 😊

its quite strange how they end up with different bodies. all my sims are usually fit freaks and then one randomly plump sim arrives out of no-where and no matter what they do they cant get thinner
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    All the devs would have to do is to add a mechanic that grants children a random trait of their parents. Maybe increase the chance if both parents have the trait.
    These hybrids, right now, are always marked as either human or vampire. Those that are marked as human, however, cannot inherit pointy ears. I think that this should be possible!
    Maybe let them drink from blood packs to satisfy hunger because they dont have vampire teeth or thirst. But they should be marked as half bloods.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018
    All I wanted was all the skin tones in game for babies. It didn't make sense for them to only add three, and then a couple have a baby who wasn't in the same skin tone as the parents. It made me think, what has my Sim been doing when I wasn't looking?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Espacially the hair thing, it annoys me so much. Even Sims 2 had this.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And the skin tone too.
    Lu4ERme.gif