Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do I get simpoints if I purchase Roaring Heights Gold edition on Origin?

Sorry, I didn't know where to post this. If you buy roaring heights gold from the sims 3 store you get 1900 simpoints, and I was wondering if that was the case for the origin version as well since the price is the same. I would rather buy it from origin since I have a discount code.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The short answer is yes, but there really aren't any choices or versions involved. The TS3 Store no longer handles cash/credit card transactions. If you attempt to purchase a cash item like Roaring Heights Gold on the TS3 Store, you will be redirected to Origin. In the end the items end up in your Purchase History back on the TS3 site, it's not an Origin download like the EPs are, and I believe you will get a code to redeem for the points.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    minecraftgirl000minecraftgirl000 Posts: 36 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The short answer is yes, but there really aren't any choices or versions involved. The TS3 Store no longer handles cash/credit card transactions. If you attempt to purchase a cash item like Roaring Heights Gold on the TS3 Store, you will be redirected to Origin. In the end the items end up in your Purchase History back on the TS3 site, it's not an Origin download like the EPs are, and I believe you will get a code to redeem for the points.

Thank you! :) I did get a code to redeem my points so I am pleased. I wasn't sure if I needed to buy it directly from the site or go to origin to get my discount, I had no idea thesims3.com doesn't do card transactions anymore but I guess that makes sense since it's pretty much a dead site now... f
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Thank you! :) I did get a code to redeem my points so I am pleased. I wasn't sure if I needed to buy it directly from the site or go to origin to get my discount, I had no idea thesims3.com doesn't do card transactions anymore but I guess that makes sense since it's pretty much a dead site now... f

There are still quite a few people who still use the old site even though we don't have the forums over there anymore. There's still plenty of people who use their "My Wall" over there as they much prefer to be there instead of over here as well as buying items from the store over there... ;)