December 14 - Friday Highlight is ready! Click here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Laptop for Sims 2

This may sound like an off request haha and it probably is. So I am beginning to travel a lot to different countries and states. I already have a gaming pc but it’s a desktop. I wanted to know if anyone had any inexpensive recommendations for playing only the sims 2 and possibly 3 with all the expansions on a laptop. I say inexpensive because I spent a lot on my gaming pc and that consist of sims 4 3 & 2 with all expansions for each and other pc games. Please let me know! I leave for vacation in approx two weeks and would love to take it haha!

Comments

• VershnerVershner Posts: 59 Member
    You can play TS2 on pretty much any modern laptop. It'll be easier to get it working on Windows 7 though. The requirements for TS3 were rather steeper, I doubt that will play smoothly on a cheap laptop. Obviously, if you have the CD/DVD version, you'll need a laptop with a DVD drive, or an external USB one. A lot of modern laptops won't have that.
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 50 Member
    Vershner wrote: »
    You can play TS2 on pretty much any modern laptop. It'll be easier to get it working on Windows 7 though. The requirements for TS3 were rather steeper, I doubt that will play smoothly on a cheap laptop. Obviously, if you have the CD/DVD version, you'll need a laptop with a DVD drive, or an external USB one. A lot of modern laptops won't have that.

Yes that is what I am finding but I was able to get the ultimate collection through Origin so I’m wondering if I really still need the disk drive. I found one around $600 and the other $700 but I am still unsure. I’m still doing a lot of research because I wanna play the sims when I travel haha sometimes I wonder if I should’ve just spend all the money on a gaming laptop.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 4
    I bought this and it runs TS2-4 well (with a few graphical hiccups in Sims 2) for less than $600 last month at the last minute after my Dell laptop battery stopped charging all of a sudden:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-14t-touch-3dr45av-1
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 50 Member
    Wow not bad! I was thinking of Hp since I used to play on my hp computer before getting a new laptop and I had no issues! Thank you!
    I bought this and it runs TS2-4 well (with a few graphical hiccups in Sims 2) for less than $600 last month at the last minute after my Dell laptop battery stopped charging all of a sudden:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-14t-touch-3dr45av-1

• BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 146 Member
    Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop that will play sims 2 disc version as EA have stopped giving out ultimate collection. The laptop I have has compatibility issues with sims 2.
    JSimmy wrote: »
    Wow not bad! I was thinking of Hp since I used to play on my hp computer before getting a new laptop and I had no issues! Thank you!

You're welcome. I honestly wasn't even looking at HP because of a previous battery issue (ironically) that HP refused to help me out with a few years ago but it's surprisingly held up since I am now using it for college and Sims. Sorry it took me so long to reply but college has kept me busy.
    edited November 24
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop that will play sims 2 disc version as EA have stopped giving out ultimate collection. The laptop I have has compatibility issues with sims 2.

I would honestly look for a laptop and an external CD drive since most laptops today don't have disk drives anymore. Or if you have the space for it, a desktop.