Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptop for Sims 2

JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
This may sound like an off request haha and it probably is. So I am beginning to travel a lot to different countries and states. I already have a gaming pc but it’s a desktop. I wanted to know if anyone had any inexpensive recommendations for playing only the sims 2 and possibly 3 with all the expansions on a laptop. I say inexpensive because I spent a lot on my gaming pc and that consist of sims 4 3 & 2 with all expansions for each and other pc games. Please let me know! I leave for vacation in approx two weeks and would love to take it haha!

Comments

• VershnerVershner Posts: 59 Member
    You can play TS2 on pretty much any modern laptop. It'll be easier to get it working on Windows 7 though. The requirements for TS3 were rather steeper, I doubt that will play smoothly on a cheap laptop. Obviously, if you have the CD/DVD version, you'll need a laptop with a DVD drive, or an external USB one. A lot of modern laptops won't have that.
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Vershner wrote: »
    You can play TS2 on pretty much any modern laptop. It'll be easier to get it working on Windows 7 though. The requirements for TS3 were rather steeper, I doubt that will play smoothly on a cheap laptop. Obviously, if you have the CD/DVD version, you'll need a laptop with a DVD drive, or an external USB one. A lot of modern laptops won't have that.

Yes that is what I am finding but I was able to get the ultimate collection through Origin so I’m wondering if I really still need the disk drive. I found one around $600 and the other $700 but I am still unsure. I’m still doing a lot of research because I wanna play the sims when I travel haha sometimes I wonder if I should’ve just spend all the money on a gaming laptop.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    I bought this and it runs TS2-4 well (with a few graphical hiccups in Sims 2) for less than $600 last month at the last minute after my Dell laptop battery stopped charging all of a sudden:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-14t-touch-3dr45av-1
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Wow not bad! I was thinking of Hp since I used to play on my hp computer before getting a new laptop and I had no issues! Thank you!
    I bought this and it runs TS2-4 well (with a few graphical hiccups in Sims 2) for less than $600 last month at the last minute after my Dell laptop battery stopped charging all of a sudden:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-14t-touch-3dr45av-1

• BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop that will play sims 2 disc version as EA have stopped giving out ultimate collection. The laptop I have has compatibility issues with sims 2.
    JSimmy wrote: »
    Wow not bad! I was thinking of Hp since I used to play on my hp computer before getting a new laptop and I had no issues! Thank you!

You're welcome. I honestly wasn't even looking at HP because of a previous battery issue (ironically) that HP refused to help me out with a few years ago but it's surprisingly held up since I am now using it for college and Sims. Sorry it took me so long to reply but college has kept me busy.
    edited November 2018
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop that will play sims 2 disc version as EA have stopped giving out ultimate collection. The laptop I have has compatibility issues with sims 2.

I would honestly look for a laptop and an external CD drive since most laptops today don't have disk drives anymore. Or if you have the space for it, a desktop.
  • MCBCN10MCBCN10 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,

I know that this post is old but I am looking to buy a laptop for my wife so she can play Sims 2 again (her laptop died a month ago).
    She does not like newer Sims versions so it has to be compatible with Sims 2.

Any idea?

Thanks!
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I'm not a laptop expert by any means. I bought a refurbished (not recommended) Dell Lattitude E7440. It has no CD/DVD drive, it does have a SD (solid state) drive and 8gb RAM. It will not run TS3 but does a good job with TS2. I have to make sure the vents are clear (i.e. it can't sit on my lap or a pillow - has to be a hard surface with room underneath). Otherwise it heats up too much. I was given TS2 via Origin with my account. There are other gurus here that can help with current laptops and what will/will not run TS2. I do remember I had to tweak mine a bit as the graphics were weird. But there are some folks around who can also help with that.

I hope you can find one for her that will run TS2. It's probably my favorite in the series and the one I've played the most. Ironically I'm getting ready to travel and was checking to see what I had on my laptop for downtime. TS2 it is!