Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curious ...

I was just looking in the "best of" section and was curious to know what that area is meant to be, as I noticed virtually every thread dates back to 2015?

I've been there before, but hadn't noticed the dates.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This is a foreign section to me, one that I have never even heard of until now.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited October 2018
    @filipomel have you had a look at it?

If not, at the top of the forum there's - Categories - Discussions - Activity - Best Of...
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It might be posts with lots of likes/awesomes/insightful, from what I can tell. Not sure if the posts have also been "promoted", which I think the moderators/EA/Maxis staff can do.
  • Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

"Best Of" is supposed to be what it sounds like, but I think their algorithm for determining what posts are highlighted is way off. For example, it doesn't pay much attention to the date so many old posts get put up there way more than they should. It's not just for promoted items. The wonkiness of the "Best Of" page was a big reason it was so nice to have @EA_Mage's human-selected Friday highlights.

You can read more here.

• Options
    Thank you both for that. That link was helpful. I just couldn't understand why most of them dated back to 2015 when there are ruled about reviving threads beyond a certain date.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited October 2018
    If someone goes back and 'likes' a post that initially received a lot of likes that thread will usually pop back up in the 'best of' category. Hopefully @EA_Tom will surprise us with a highlight thread on Friday. :)
  • Options
    If someone goes back and 'likes' a post that initially received a lot of likes that thread will usually pop back up in the 'best of' category. Hopefully @EA_Tom will surprise us with a highlight thread on Friday. :)

Oiay, that make it more clearer now. Thanks.
    MLgj4Vx.png