Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Filter out CC in build mode?

I know you can filter out EA to see only CC, and you can filter to see only purchased items (which do NOT include base game stuff), but you can't filter out cc AND still see base game stuff.

Am I just missing the trick? It seems an incredible oversight to allow a person to filter to see CC or to see packs stuff but not base game.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I don't use many build CC but I think the same, for CAS too. I'd like to be able to filter CC out.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited October 2018
    @rosemow When I check that, it shows all cc items that have used a base game mesh. I want an option to show ONLY EA stuff, no CC. Incidentally, If I check Base Game and purchased, it shows this.

HlIPRKw.png

Which is only "special" base game items. Grims guitar, the sims 3 lamps (notice, too, the one piece of cc showing up still) Notice it's on Show all. This is not all the base game items. There is no way to show only base game items thru the filters. None that I have found and I've been toying with it for a while.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm pretty sure there is, in fact I wouldn't have found the Caribbean patch content in BB mode so easily without it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @rosemow When I check that, it shows all cc items that have used a base game mesh. I want an option to show ONLY EA stuff, no CC. Incidentally, If I check Base Game and purchased, it shows this.

HlIPRKw.png

Which is only "special" base game items. Grims guitar, the sims 3 lamps (notice, too, the one piece of cc showing up still) Notice it's on Show all. This is not all the base game items. There is no way to show only base game items thru the filters. None that I have found and I've been toying with it for a while.

Try it without selecting Base Game. See if that makes a difference.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure there is, in fact I wouldn't have found the Caribbean patch content in BB mode so easily without it.

I'd love for you to explain how you can see ONLY base game and purchased items without any cc.

ChelleJo wrote: »

HlIPRKw.png

Try it without selecting Base Game. See if that makes a difference.

If I don't select base game, it only shows purchased items, like it says. That is any pack item. I have spent a long time messing with the filters and I have not found a way to show NO cc and only EA stuff, base game and all.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I think the only way to see all non cc items is to temporarily remove your mods folder.
  • Options
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I think the only way to see all non cc items is to temporarily remove your mods folder.

That seems to be the only way, which is not really an option when you want to build with a mix of CC and Maxis but you have so much cc it makes finding EA next to impossible. :D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Any updates on this? Having the same problem and i see it has not been fixed yet in the filters.
    There is no way to just see basegame items without having CC open.
    I would like to see the game without CC when I am trying to build a non CC house for the gallery... Seems not supported at all.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2019
    Any updates on this? Having the same problem and i see it has not been fixed yet in the filters.
    There is no way to just see basegame items without having CC open.
    I would like to see the game without CC when I am trying to build a non CC house for the gallery... Seems not supported at all.

The best way to completely filter out CC when you build is to go into gameplay settings and uncheck the box for allowing CC. Exit your game, then reload. All of your CC will be hidden. The catalog filters don’t work because many CC creators use the meshes from the game to build their CC. So unless they have built an entirely new mesh when you filter through the catalog the original mesh of your CC is still tagged as coming from either the base game or the pack the original mesh is associated with. This applies to both BB mode and CAS.