Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Set makeup for all sims outfits

Drives me crazy...I like to set one style of makeup for everyday and I would love for it to carry over to all outfits but it doesnt and i haven't found a feature to do this. Mccc has an option for this involving glasses but didn't see one for makeup...its possible I missed I guess plz if I have could someone tell me where in mccc it is? I'm very new to the mod and there are so many option settings

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is an easy way to deal with this, so what you want to see will without any mods.
    In this part in CAS, when you get to the section you want, just hit the X and clear out the section I have circled.

42314598_1116499658500328_8074231890174803968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=e099ce26728e17abe7b60d3b68e83bdb&oe=5C6091FD
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It carries over on all the outfits in the same category if you set the makeup before creating the other everyday outfits. It doesn't carry over on different categories though.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hmm, I could have sworn that if you set it for everyday one (the first one that pops up) before changing to any other category that it carries over. I've never had to set makeup for any other category.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I find this annoying too, especially when using CC for skin details that are on makeup layers. I'd love it if there was an MCC option for this, but if there is then I've missed it too sadly. I did find a mod to copy them over but I find that almost as much work as manually copying makeup on some sims.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    @LaBlue0314 I am actually trying to be able to set makeup for all categories at once...unless i misunderstand what you are saying i dont think this solves my problem

@SiliClone yeah unfortunately I would like it to set for all categories not all of the same category

@WildIrishBanshee in the sims 3 it did...but not in ts4
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I wish we could copy and paste makeup, and accessories
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I wish we could copy and paste makeup, and accessories

Some I really wished that we could do in CAS would be to set up our own complete outfit save in there, and once done it would be there two reasons. One would be for our own convenience, and the other would be for the game to pick from for when it spawns those homeless sims.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    @Voldarian_Empire Hmm, it works in my game - you have to set the makeup first before you change clothes et al. I never played TS3, so I wouldn't know how that one works.
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    @WildIrishBanshee maybe I am doing something wrong then? I'll investigate further next time I am in CAS

@LaBlue0314 I love that idea....on top of that the game could perhaps occasionally use your outfit ideas on random townies who were not homeless on a toggle