Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Is Paying $40,000 in Child Support Weekly!

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
So he was just a regular single guy. He wanted this girl but she was married already so he let it go. He wins the lottery one day, next thing I know the girl divorces her husband and starts calling up my guy.

Long story short my guy decided to quit his current job to become a professional boxer and marries this girl. While traveling/working he starts fooling around.

Bill day comes and I see the notification says he owes $45,000 for bills, $40,000 of which is specifically for child support. I check his family tree and he has at least 14 kids by random women.

Now he’s reached the top of the boxing career, he’s sitting on a cool $800,000, he has the girl of his dreams, and he’s singlehandedly populating my town lol. He’s maxed out probably 9 skills.

I don’t really know what else to do with him. He’s settled down now. He hasn’t had anymore kids. He’s living a quiet family life. He only works 3 days out the week.

Any suggestions on what else I could have him do? I’m tempted to switch to a different household now. Or should I continue to play him until the CS wipes out all of their money?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Wow! Is the game doing the child support thing? I had no idea! Or is it something related to MCC (or whatever that mod is named)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Wow! Is the game doing the child support thing? I had no idea! Or is it something related to MCC (or whatever that mod is named)

MCCC
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Sounds like there could still be some potential here. You could input the cheat to retire him from his boxing career. It will quit the job, and give him a retirement monthly amount and won't age him up. This would seem natural to me for a pro athlete to retire fairly young. Then he could take on an Aspiration that is totally unrelated, something he always wanted to do, you pick. Maybe it could be a lucrative thing like writing books about his boxing days, etc, to keep up with the cash outflow, haha.

But the 14 children! Storytelling gold! Does the wife know about them? Do the kids know who their dad is, a famous boxer? When they find out, will they start showing up? What are they like? What do they want?! :sweat_smile: Is there material for more novels??

I dunno, I get carried away with these situations--it's up to you.... :wink:
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I check his family tree and he has at least 14 kids by random women.

FOURTEEN KIDS?! LOL

Also there’s a boxing career?!?!
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Can you turn off the child support in mccc
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Sounds like there could still be some potential here. You could input the cheat to retire him from his boxing career. It will quit the job, and give him a retirement monthly amount and won't age him up. This would seem natural to me for a pro athlete to retire fairly young. Then he could take on an Aspiration that is totally unrelated, something he always wanted to do, you pick. Maybe it could be a lucrative thing like writing books about his boxing days, etc, to keep up with the cash outflow, haha.

But the 14 children! Storytelling gold! Does the wife know about them? Do the kids know who their dad is, a famous boxer? When they find out, will they start showing up? What are they like? What do they want?! :sweat_smile: Is there material for more novels??

I dunno, I get carried away with these situations--it's up to you.... :wink:

I like him keeping the job just to have him out of the house for those 3 days. His wife is the Attorney General and is bringing in $25,000/week. He is bringing in $5,000/week. So even though they're getting $30,000/week, their expenses are still $45,000/week... so technically they need to file bankruptcy or something lol.

I could see him becoming creative as a writer. That could be believable and help offset the costs.

And yea the wife knows lol but he's a Player so she doesn't care. He's even hooked up with a few friends of hers. She never gets mad with him but I have had her fight with and become enemies with her (former) friends lol. She's been making a lot of drinks lately haha

All 14 kids are babies. I could manually age some of them up so he can start seeing them pop up around town.
  • Options
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Can you turn off the child support in mccc

Yep you can disable it if you want. I like it though. You get that notification when you get bills about how much money you have either earned or owe in CS. I have it set up where if the kid lives on a different lot from the parent, the household where the kid lives earns a certain percentage each week in CS, to kinda offset them not being in the home.

But $40,000 is the highest I've ever seen it before.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Jaysims wrote: »

FOURTEEN KIDS?! LOL

Yep! And it's a mod by KawaiiStacie. It gives you the boxing career, a boxing trait, a boxing skill, and a special boxing moodlet.

I wish someone made one for basketball too that was just as thorough!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »

FOURTEEN KIDS?! LOL

Modders can do wonderful things.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    There is a setting on MCCC that you can change the percent of money you have to pay each parent, or you could take take some of the kids so no child support.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There is a setting on MCCC that you can change the percent of money you have to pay each parent, or you could take take some of the kids so no child support.

That's an idea -- you could track down some of the kids and move them in with your Sim and his wife. Or move in the kids' mom along with the kids then have her eat some poor quality pufferfish nigri (thinking of killing off a couple of my Sims with that method).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I busted out laughing when I read this title. LOL
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited September 2018
    Why wasn't your guy using birth control? 14 kids are way too many lil ones with him as their daddy running 'round. Maybe you could do the Sims version of 19 brats and counting and post their adventures here minus the misogyny, sickos and cult-like household or maybe the cult-like household could add to the drama.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    A "Riches to Rags" challenge! :D

Haha! Is this a thing?
  • Options
    drakharis wrote: »
    Why wasn't your guy using birth control? 14 kids are way too many lil ones with him as their daddy running 'round. Maybe you could do the Sims version of 19 brats and counting and post their adventures here minus the misogyny, sickos and cult-like household or maybe the cult-like household could add to the drama.

I removed it so he could get his wife pregnant and forgot to give it back to him.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I busted out laughing when I read this title. LOL

Lol he had a kid with Luna Villarreal who I aged up and made Insane in my game. So that kid actually lives with he and his wife along with the child his wife has with her ex husband and the one kid they have together. So Luna actually pays him child support for that one lol. And his wife gets child support from her ex husband lol. Totals to about $1,500/month for those 2 kids.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

That's an idea -- you could track down some of the kids and move them in with your Sim and his wife. Or move in the kids' mom along with the kids then have her eat some poor quality pufferfish nigri (thinking of killing off a couple of my Sims with that method).

But if I kill off the mother, and move the kids in then he won’t have to pay CS anymore. I kinda like this outrageous amount of money he has to pay each week lol.

I just thought it was funny that even though they make a lot of money, it pales in comparison to how much they owe.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Well somebody call the local courthouse and tell them they made a mistake with my childs father. I only get $300 monthly lol :D
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    I have a suggestion on something you could do with him....get him fixed before he looses his retirement on child support
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    So he was just a regular single guy. He wanted this girl but she was married already so he let it go. He wins the lottery one day, next thing I know the girl divorces her husband and starts calling up my guy.

Long story short my guy decided to quit his current job to become a professional boxer and marries this girl. While traveling/working he starts fooling around.

Bill day comes and I see the notification says he owes $45,000 for bills, $40,000 of which is specifically for child support. I check his family tree and he has at least 14 kids by random women.

Now he’s reached the top of the boxing career, he’s sitting on a cool $800,000, he has the girl of his dreams, and he’s singlehandedly populating my town lol. He’s maxed out probably 9 skills.

I don’t really know what else to do with him. He’s settled down now. He hasn’t had anymore kids. He’s living a quiet family life. He only works 3 days out the week.

Any suggestions on what else I could have him do? I’m tempted to switch to a different household now. Or should I continue to play him until the CS wipes out all of their money?

Holy..... Well, you know. I have MCC set up so each pregnancy makes the parents marry since I had sims who were 'dead-beat dads' sometimes and it bothered me.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    I have a suggestion on something you could do with him....get him fixed before he looses his retirement on child support

Lol yea no more kids
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Holy..... Well, you know. I have MCC set up so each pregnancy makes the parents marry since I had sims who were 'dead-beat dads' sometimes and it bothered me.

See that’s why I liked the CS. At least they’ll get a lil extra money. Made me feel like the other parent was active
  • Options
    ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    The wild payments makes sense because of the lottery win, since it's based on total assets rather than income. You can adjust the rate of child care though -- is it already the lowest percent? Even 1% means a lot of child care in this case :#
  • Options
    The wild payments makes sense because of the lottery win, since it's based on total assets rather than income. You can adjust the rate of child care though -- is it already the lowest percent? Even 1% means a lot of child care in this case :#

I never changed the percentage so it’s whatever the default is. I may adjust just to see the difference.