March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Losaru's Sim Stories: Tales from Laptop Beta: Escape.

WARNING: The graphic quality will be a down a bit as I'm playing on a laptop, thus why this is called:
Tales from Laptop Beta: Escape

Q3TMhK7.jpg

Unlike the world of Beta from the original PC, Laptop Beta was fairly new, although with knowledge about the original Beta passed down through the Ethers and internet. Thus why Laptop Beta's architecture and governing were vastly different.

kRlSRGM.jpg

For one, there was only one Security AI, Amber Cisco, a descendant of the Cisco bloodlines, which included the notorious Norton Cisco. To prevent mistakes of the past, she explained, she would be the only governing force, she would be the one to deal with Error AI and she would be the one that would even create the AIs of Laptop Beta.

Through her then, she created a new type of AI: Slave AI, AIs that almost seemed basic in skin and eyes and function, but were also vampiric so they wouldn't require as much maintenance as a simple AI working as a butler. Harvest was her first working Slave AI and proved to be very loyal.

OfJ0gGS.jpg

To combat errors, as she called it, Amber made children AI responsible for various functions of Laptop Beta, her first successful one being Astra, the AI in charge of Supernaturals, including Slave AI.

jpKFsOZ.jpg

"Now you do understand that once you get older, you are to report to me so I may give you the proper attire and bracelet of a Configuration AI."

"Yes ma'am!"

"Good. Harvest. Please see her to her house. You will find you guardian and Slave AI, Stray, there to assist you in your functions."

"Thank you, ma'am."

xQzYEUZ.jpg

Amber also dealt with "unruly" AI, those that broke the rules that she hard-coded "for the safety of this Beta world", usually with banishment to Forgotten Hollow and by other means.

0cq1T50.jpg

"I don't get what the big deal is. So I kissed a Sim. He was cute and we both enjoyed it. It wasn't like we planned on having a baby or anything."

bROrRLl.jpg

"It's that sort of mindlessness that makes you 'free rebel' AI minds dangerous. The First Kiss leads to deeper relationships and eventually children. I will not have Error AI children plague this world like what happened with PC Beta. You know the rules: AIs with AIs. Same types with same types."

Mu0e2bX.jpg

"Yeah and it's plum rules from a peach like you that made me tear off that figging bracelet. My type may be Patch, but deep down we're all the same coding."

"Your ignorance is so obvious that I'm starting to think I should tattoo the truth on your head. Fine. If you wish to be of the same code, I have a means of that."

tWeTANz.jpg

"Harvest!"

"Yes your Grace?"

"Grab her and convert her. I'll change it so that she'll be serving the Vatore family in Forgotten Hollow. A fitting punishment for someone that believes that we all share the same code."

dhqRNW1.jpg

"Oh please no! You're....You're talking about converting me to a Slave AI!! Anything but that!"

0nGSfFB.jpg

"Then you should have thought about that before you went around kissing a sim. Harvest! Deal with her."

0nPnMCv.jpg

There were many punishments. Banishment to Forgotten Hollow, sterilizing if AIs even attempted a baby, but the most common one used by Amber was Conversion; stripping an AI down to bare coding and making them a Slave AI, bound to fulfill whatever coding she programmed into them.

GNU48mG.jpg

"Are you almost finished Harvest? I already have the Household Management opened."

VJ19NIR.jpg

"Yes, your Grace. The Conversion is completed. She is ready to serve your orders."
Next post, we visit the Day family, Configuration AI in charge of the Seasons, although one teeters very close to losing their status and purpose with their actions.
D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited September 2018
    While Amber worked about on her throne, other AIs went about their business, including the ones in charge of Laptop Beta's seasons, known as the Day family.

hC6ma4u.jpg

Skypers, the family cat, was out trying to make friends with the locals.

DBL8GHo.jpg

"G...Good kitty..."

"Mow?"

RJ5NIjJ.jpg

Flora, the AI in charge of Spring, was feeling rather pleased that her season was starting up, even though some of her older brother's season was still in effect, namely the chilly weather.

1V4byky.jpg

Not one for such cool temperatures, Sunny, the one in charge of Summer, started a fire in the family firepit.

d8bkl4H.jpg

And then there were the two brothers: Chris, the AI for Fall and the oldest brother, Frost, the one in charge of Winter. This day the two were hanging out in Frost's room.

i0P0QXr.jpg

"Oh. An alert...unhuh...yeah...Oh wow..."

0N7IjL6.jpg

Chris followed his brother downstairs.

"See this? Seems Vanna had the gall to go kiss a sim. I mean it would have been one thing to be another AI type, but a sim? Could you imagine what would have come out of that?"

yeqdJwD.jpg

Frost gave a laugh.

"Ohho, brother. That would have been funny."

"Indeed."

Qq7dxYO.jpg

"Heh...Yeah," said Chris. "Serves her right. I assume you're going over to visit Forrest this afternoon?"

KevkWzE.jpg

"Of course," said Frost. "I want to be sure the new Garden patch has been dealing well with our new settings so I want to check Forrest's plants. I should be back in a couple hours."

y5weeg8.jpg

Forrest Net, the Patch AI in charge of gardening, was a descendant from @Lyoufln 's Fennel Net, although minus his ancestor's abilities to communicate between worlds with plants, something that the young AI hoped to gain in the future.

"Ah, Frost! I thought that was you. You're the only one I know that can make it snow whenever he's in town."

"Hey Forrest. Hah...Yeah kinda can't help that. Much like Sunny my weather effects are sometimes passive and I'm still working on controlling them."

"Cool. How about coming inside then for some warmth then?"

a156K3p.jpg

The two went inside, sitting on the couch.

"I do wish they gave you Patch AI better accommodations."

"Meh. I could have chosen a bigger house, but I wanted to save the money for the greenhouse."

O3xmlFm.jpg

Once the two were sure no one was around, they embraced each other on the couch.

"I missed you," said Frost.

"Missed me? You were only gone for a couple of days, silly."

"I know but...it's just so lonely without you sometimes."

6Om2NdT.jpg

Just then, though, Frost became forlorn.

"It's not fair though..."

"What's not?"

"Just...everything! I can't tell anyone we're in love. We can't marry, become actual partners, or even share our first kiss without it being announced. I know we can do other things but..."

eDMjujM.jpg

"Yeah..." said Forrest. "Any major event for a regular sim would become a tracking tag for us because of Amber. But you're right. We can at least share our affections in other ways. And maybe someday, well, Amber will see that there's nothing wrong with Patch and Configuration AI getting together."

DKsRgiV.jpg

The two then stood, Forrest kissing Frost on the cheek.

"And at least I can kiss you this way."

NjPWIe0.jpg

Forrest sat down for a moment, Frost stating he was getting a book to read. In the background though, Forrest could still hear his secret love weeping softly.

8om9Eu0.jpg

"Frost..."

"I just...I'm sorry, Forrest. I'll just go..."

vweo4tQ.jpg

"Not yet," said Forrest. "You're still upset aren't you."

Frost nodded.

"It...It's like I said, Forrest. It...It's not fair! You don't know how badly I wish I could kiss you. How much I...I want to...just be with you...We...We wouldn't even be able to move in. It...It's not fair, Forrest..."

"I know. That peach of a Security AI doesn't exactly make things easy around here, huh. Don't worry. Someday...Someday we can be together. Like a true couple."

b6Fy5o3.jpg

Frost fell into Forrest's arms, sniffling.

"I hope this world lasts that long so we can experience it. So I finally feel your lips and...and even hear you asking to marry me.."

"Same here, Frosty. Same here."
    Next time, Flora takes her brother out to the spa, and a group of rebel AIs start taking interest in Frost.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After returning from Forrest's place, Flora noted that her brother seemed a bit down, suggesting that they and Chris go out to the firepit.

gyT3gDe.jpg

Even though he is in charge of Winter, Frost never minded a good fire and food.

qRHgS14.jpg

"Thanks for the suggestion, Flora."

"Of course, big bro! I mean anyone would be down after seeing a homeless kitty. I know you wanted to take it in, but we already have Skypers."

"I know, I know. Thanks again."

uq0ujS9.jpg

"So," asked Frost. "What are your plans for this afternoon?"

"I was thinking of going to the spa for a massage actually," said Flora.

eewK9Ph.jpg

Looks like townies can become scouts too without my doing. Neat.

oRbnjZS.jpg

"Hey! Maybe you and Chris should come along," suggested Flora.

"I will have to decline," said Chris. "I have some programming to practice."

"I'll go," said Frost. "Might be nice to get a massage."

tWgbp1n.jpg

While Frost and Flora went to the spa, Chris went off to also pet Skypers.

PmMKnvu.jpg

Comes in handy when the spa is right next door.

ahMcZO5.jpg

"So how's Forrest?" asked Flora.

"He's...okay..." said Frost, the conversation being caught by another AI in the yoga garden.

"You gonna get him to teach you to make bouquets or flower vases?"

"That...might actually be nice..."

"Yeah and then you can gift them to someone! Ooo! Like Felidae! He's a Configuration AI like you!"

"Er...Doesn't he also eat out of the trash and pretends to claw up furniture?"

uzBrUxh.jpg

Flora first went over to check out the water features.

He363GC.jpg

:joy: I know it's probably a glitch, but doesn't mean it isn't funny. Apparently Frost wore his hat in the sauna.

X7nMNeL.jpg

"Big bro. Why are you wearing your ball cap in the sauna?"

"Well I didn't want my hair to get all messy from the steam."

"But...it's gonna get....ah nevermind."

V7KAyJg.jpg

After the sauna, Flora went for a Swedish massage.

sCvjOkd.jpg

While Frost went for a swim. What? He is iceproof. Cold never bothered him anyway.

KpGzivA.jpg

"Ooooh boy. That was my spine!"

NbUmDyO.jpg

After a chilled swim, Frost went over for a hand massage.

"Hey. Aren't you that AI I saw with Forrest the other day?"

"Ah...Yeah. I'm a good friend of his."

Lgu9TXF.jpg

He may be iceproof, but Frost never could take pain.

"Yeowch!"

C0d6dEF.jpg

Despite the spine breaking treatment, Flora found her massage to be relaxing.

Bh5MPTr.jpg

After massages, Flora and Frost changed into robes to just sit back and relax.

"Hey, Big Bro?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you thought about who you're gonna ask out for Love Day?"

URxHSPx.jpg

"Heh...Maybe..."

"Oh? Do you actually have a crush on Felidae then?"

"No, no. Again he kinda creeps me out."

"Maybe one of the transfer AIs Amber announced last week."

"Nah."

76AXRvA.jpg

"Well who is it then?"

Frost became apprehensive.

"Well...Ya see...I say maybe because...well...It's not exactly a crush that is...acceptable...unless Amber changes some rules around..."

15MCrML.jpg

"Big Bro you can't be serious," snapped Flora. "You're, like, the oldest of us. How can you have a crush on another different type AI or...or worse, a regular sim! Amber will delete you if she finds out!"

Xocq5WL.jpg

"Amber is full of plum sauce!" Frost retorted back, almost in tears. "She just wants to...to be able to control everything! Make...Make everything fit in a bunch of little boxes and...and pretend that there's nothing wrong. That...That she's some all-good...plum-pickin' hero. But she's full of it, Flora. She...She...doesn't realize how wrong she is!!"

TO2FE6I.jpg

Frost then ran upstairs to the bathroom, Flora checking her phone.

"Oh boy...do I tell Chris and Sunny about this?"

DuP26Km.jpg

Upstairs, Frost was wondering the same question.

"What...What if Flora tells Chris and Sunny about this?! It...It'll be okay, Frosty...She...She's your little sister. She...She probably won't..."
    Next post, a group of AI are also taking an interest in Frost's predicament.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

While Frost worried about what his sister might say, another sim had overheard the conversation. Luckily, they were more than happy to be on Frost's side when it came to love.

3IZ1ZtS.jpg

In Oasis Springs, there was a small building, looking nothing more than an old shack or a power plant box. In reality though, it hid the stairs to the home of the Freedom Rebels, a group of AIs that were fighting against Amber and her rules, along with hoping to help other AIs in similar situations.

D2coy2M.jpg

It was basically an abandoned basement, possibly from an older building, which the AIs had fashioned into areas for eating, bathroom, and recreation. The AI coming home was Viper, a previous Configuration AI for the relationship system.

UkiGjiM.jpg

The place was also home to Viper's wife, Ohm, a Patch AI who had been in charge of fitness and also taken on skills with the Spas.

pOemoh0.jpg

There was also Rebecca, a Slave AI that had broken free from the control protocols Amber had attempted to install on her, leaving Forgotten Hollow, and creating the Freedom Rebels group.

OZ4rg76.jpg

Error Paddi was the youngest of the group, an Error AI as a result of Amber's meddling. As a result of attempting to convert an AI to a Slave, Paddi errored hard, making her coding a bit more unpredictable.

GTLzto0.jpg

And finally there was the Ancient AI, Reed. To what he used to control or used to be, not even Reed was sure. All he could remember was saying that he knew how to 'fix' AI like Paddi and Rebecca, although most of the method had been lost to time. Now he mainly hung out with his bubble blower.

"Hey Reed. Any visions yet?" asked Viper.

E6GYzU2.jpg

"Nothing yet. You'd think I'd see something by now with this thing. Maybe I need to change the flavors or something."

"Aha...Ah speaking of flavors, here comes my sweet one now. Hey Ohm."

mn49wXm.jpg

Ohm spoke no words, instead going right into kissing Viper deeply.

EwRRDaP.jpg

"Did you have a good evening at the spa? Amber's servants weren't there?"

"Nope. All good. And I may even have a case for us. I'll discuss it with Rebecca over dinner."

5NaK0S8.jpg

Hey, when you don't really have jobs, you make do with what you find.

OgM5eZG.jpg

While Viper went to make dinner, Ohm sat down next to Reed's bubbleblower.

"I still don't get why you use this thing, Reed. I'm all for letting loose, but how does blowing bubbles do that?"

Reed had taken in a loopy flavor, giving a goofy grin.

"Oh don't knock it, Ohm girl! It...It lets me see...see visions...at least some...sometimes. Just try it."

Av74942.jpg

Ohm took a pipe, inhaling deeply.

"Now y...you gotta make sure not to s..swallow them too..too far down..."

HKrSteN.jpg

After a few tries, Ohm began feeling her body relax, her mind going in a haze.

"Yeh? Yeh?" chuckled Reed. "What I tell you?"

"It...It's enlightening, I must admit. I think I may have seen a glance at the next AI we're helping."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. They have...An old hat...dark skin...a bit younger than me..."

"Yeah! Yeah! That's how it goes!"

Qjhm8Yf.jpg

Viper added a candle to the table and then called everyone over.

"Food's on!"

Nc415uA.jpg

"Painting almost done though!" Paddi called out.

"You can finish it after, Paddi!" called Rebecca. "C'mon!"

OUltseB.jpg

"Ohm said you got a case for us?" asked Rebecca once everyone was around the table, Viper nodding.

"Yeah. I overheard one of the Day family saying that they had a crush on a Patch AI."

"OOohhh so you're taking this one a bit personal, huh?"

Kio5XDS.jpg

"I don't plan on anything just yet. If we want to help them, we need to know who is this 'mystery' crush. Ohm said she may have a clue, but for now, we should just be observers unless Amber decides to intervene."

shBACtf.jpg

"The dragon?" said Paddi. "She is as ugly as her heart."

Rebecca gave a light chuckle.

"Yes, Paddi. The dragon lady. And we're the knights sworn to protect others from her."
    Next time, Frost and Forrest go out on a secret date, only for Frost's family-and everyone else-to find out, including Amber.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

A new day, a new dilemma.

Vz6GvCD.jpg

Okay so this happened twice now. Never again!

DtSQSfu.jpg

Stone chairs for everyone! Let's see that catch fire!

CrSgBfe.jpg

Even though Spring had arrived n Newcrest, it was still snowing on colder days.

3QrDPMF.jpg

"Oh Skypers!" said Sunny. "Where's your lil jacket! You'll freeze out here!"

tTYRCjH.jpg

"Says the one wearing shorts and a t-shirt?" said Chris.

"Yeah well, I can deal better with the chill than Skypers," explained Sunny.

"Okay, okay. Anyways, I'm getting ready to go to the bar with Frost. See you later, dear sister."

ztepFGz.jpg

Inside, before leaving with Chris, Frost was talking with Flora.

"I'll be fine, Flora."

"Yeah but...Seriously Big Bro. Just let me introduce you to some AI I know. If Chris or Sunny knew you had a crush on a Patch AI or sim..."

"Only you know, Flora. And besides. A crush can just pass, right?"

"M...Maybe..."

"Yeah. Now if you excuse me, I just got a text from Forrest. We're going to the bar tonight with Chris."

axKGxtm.jpg

Although Frost had reassured his sister that nothing was going on, he was still a bit mipped that his brother had insisted on joining him at the bar, as well as a bit worried. What if Chris was suspecting something?

294RNb3.jpg

"We'll see you inside, Forrest. I need to chat to my brother for a moment," said Chris.

"Ummm...sure," said Forrest, going inside.

Jfdfarq.jpg

"I must commend you, brother," said Chris.

"How so?"

"By befriending that poor Patch AI. Their kind always needs guidance sometimes and being the eldest of our family, maybe you can set an example for other Configuration AI to help their inferior brethren."

Frost gave a nervous laugh.

"Ahaaa...yeah...That...That is exactly what I did. I wanted to help Forrest with...you know...all those AI stuff...How about we go in for those drinks now?"

"Sure thing, brother."

Y584UHI.jpg

Inside, Forrest was being entertained by the bartender.

"Ooo! Nice trick!"

"Thanks. You don't know how many bottles broke before I learned that one."

eEDay5a.jpg

Frost decided to buy everyone a round of root beers, Forrest getting up after grabbing his root beer and another drink.

"Forrest! Why not join us?" asked Frost.

"Ah it's a bit too crowded at the bar there," said Forrest. "You and Chris can sit there."

"Why thank you, Forrest," said Chris.

MI6Ckxi.jpg

"That was nice of him," said Chris. "Knowing how to act around a superior."

"Yeah...sure..." said Frost. "I'm just gonna go check on him. Make sure we aren't making him feel awkward...You know...as superiors."

"Of course, dear brother," said Chris. "I'll

mXw4DyQ.jpg

Frost went over to where Forrest was sitting next to a 'bear', watching TV.

"Guess it's one of those nights, huh?" Frost chuckled, referring to the two glasses of drink in Forrest's hands.

"Heh...Yeah...Just long I guess..."

BlyMPfY.jpg

Frost waited for their side of the bar to empty before taking Forrest aside.

"I know this place isn't ideal," Frost explained. "And my brother is...well...a bit of a pain when it comes to his ideology..."

"Yeah," said Forrest. "From the other times we hung out, he thinks I have fewer outputs in my coding."

"How about we get away then? Just you and me. I know a private place where no one will find us at this hour."

"O...Okay," said Forrest. "Let's go."

KLjsHae.jpg

Frost then took Forrest to The Bluffs, leaving Chris back at the bar.

UO9y35p.jpg

"You ever been here before, Forrest?" asked Frost.

"Maybe once. For a party. Other than that, not really."

"I came here may times when I was first brought into this world," explained Frost. "I just needed a place to get away from Chris and Flora, and sometimes even Sunny. Just to focus on what I wanted to do, what I wanted to be. Not just as an AI, you know?"

QhaaP0j.jpg

Frost then started lighting a bonfire.

"Chris just texted me, asking where we went," said Forrest.

"Tell him we went bar-hopping," said Frost.

n7U2C8u.jpg

"Nah, I'll do one better," said Forrest, just as Frost lit the fire. "I just set him to 'ignore'."

"Heh...You know...That's actually what I did..." Frost chuckled.

vU8ppkP.jpg

The two then snuggled up by the fire.

mYXR6AN.jpg

"You know..." said Forrest. "It's nice being out here. I can feel the auras from the plants."

"And what do they feel like?" asked Frost.

"Calm," said Forrest. "As if...there's nothing to worry about out here."

EOfhyII.jpg

"Forrest..." said Frost, reaching to take Forrest's hands. "Can we just...embrace?"

"Cold?" the Patch AI chuckled.

"No," said Frost. "I just...I really want to be close to you. It's just us here and...I...I..."

l1zSwAY.jpg

Just then, the two fell into a kiss, counting as their first (IRL the shot didn't go right for the first kiss. That and I like this one better) and thus the world announcing their romantic advances.

i3J0ju4.jpg

"Oooo Frost!" Forrest teased. "You're in trouble now!"

"I...I didn't mean for it to go that far!" Frost exclaimed. "I...I'm so sorry, Forrest I...I..."

GbfA2X2.jpg

Forrest laughed.

"It's okay, Frost. I don't mind. In fact, if we're criminals now, we might as well enjoy it. How about I take you to my favorite quiet place?"

"Heh...Okay...Since we're now lawbreakers anyway."
    Next post, Frost and Forrest break the laws of Amber further.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After their first kiss set off alarms, Frost and Forrest felt afraid-and yet relieve-at what they had done. Yes, if Amber or anyone found them, they would surely be punished, but at the same time, they could feel more like a couple now, knowing that what they did probably wouldn't worsen their situation.

HiglAEF.jpg

Forrest brought Frost to a small cabin in Granite Falls, tucked away from the rest of the worlds.

"It ain't much," said Forrest. "But it makes for a quaint getaway. Let's go. I'll fix up something for us to eat."

Ce554Na.jpg

Without a proper stove, Forrest decided to fix up a salad. If anything it would be at least healthy.

oUk7sAM.jpg

While Frost showered outside.

"Gah! Forrest I swear if someone sees me out here like this!"

4uoMuGb.jpg

"You'll be fine. It's late in the night," shouted Forrest, mixing the salad.

8wtOuSV.jpg

Forrest finished making the salad just as Frost walked in.

"Looks good," Frost commented.

"Hope you don't mind salad," said Forrest.

"Not at all. Something healthy and not too heavy for this time in the night? It's perfect."

RxURfL7.jpg

"You know," said Frost as the two sat down to eat, "I was afraid at first about...what I did...and I still don't want you to be in trouble because of me..."

"Hey if you weren't gonna kiss me at some point, I was probably going to," said Forrest. "And if we're gonna be in trouble, well, let's enjoy ourselves before Amber comes after us."

"Yeah. It's nice not being fearful of loving you now."

gGbHsYd.jpg

Frost stood from his chair.

"So, did we want to retire for the night, beautiful?"

"Ohho! Starting with the more bold flirts," Forrest chuckled before getting up himself.

A4XjkXj.jpg

"Just retire?" said Forrest. "Aren't you thinking of more than that?"

"Umm....Maybe we clean up first?" said Frost.

Forrest's voice went low.

"I have a better idea, Frosty. C'mon."

g3v4XcQ.jpg

"You know we'll get in trouble again," said Frost, giving a slight grin.

"Well yeah," said Forrest. "But like I said: At this point, who cares?"

yPpczMb.jpg

What better way to get in trouble with one's first woohoo? :naughty:

W0Sd3yw.jpg

And much like the first kiss, the whole world would know.

BkFU3Pi.jpg

Soon after the love-making, the two feel asleep.

SxqSghh.jpg

A little while after, Frost woke up to tidy up, leaving Forrest to sleep.

"You're wonderful, Forrest. If...If Amber does find us, I'll be sure to...to protect you..."
    Next post, Amber and Harvest go about trying to track Frost and Forrest, while Sunny has a moment to herself.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

While Frost and Forrest enjoyed their time at the cabin, a certain Slave AI was working hard trying to track their location.

H6BhsC1.jpg

"Her Grace is definitely not going to like this," fretted Harvest, trying to look over the various lots in the world. "That's twice we've had activity from those two and by my circuits I hope not for a third!"

rA5riFu.jpg

Unfortunately for Harvest, "her grace" was coming through the door.

6N0cwye.jpg

Amber rubbed the back of her neck in strain.

"Ugh...why are we up this hour in the night, Harvest?"

ylF3Iw2.jpg

"Eheh...well your Grace," said Harvest, scratching his head. "Were you aware of the latest alerts?"

"I was asleep, Harvest. Please enlighten me."

mPQveRV.jpg

Harvest inhaled.

"It is about Frost, the Configuration AI of Winter. He and Forrest, the Patch AI of Gardening. They appear to be...umm...a couple."

"What?! Amber fired. "They know the rules: SAME AI WITH SAME AI!!"

"Y...Yes, your Grace."

TE1SAHf.jpg

"We need to find those two and now!" said Amber. "Those fools don't realize what could happen if they get together. This whole entire world could become corrupted!!"

nLq4Vbt.jpg

"I was just wondering, your Grace..." said Harvest.

"Yes..." Amber grumbled reluctantly.

"Well...Unlike the couple of Viper and Ohm, which whom we lost, these two are both male so there may not be an issue of an errored child. So I was thinking..."

5DsiLGC.jpg

"You weren't made to think, Harvest. You were made to serve, as in serve me," Amber fumed. "I will decide to do with Frost and Forrest. And do not forget that, unlike my ancestor's saves, a male can become pregnant if they find someone that can adjust the settings. With what I plan, that will not happen."

Ilj2XgP.jpg

"Do...Do forgive me, your Grace," begged Harvest."

"Just this once, Harvest," said Amber. "I will blame it on the time of the night."

TgiCQqm.jpg

"Now then," said Amber, "If you are finished trying to usurp me, let us work on finding Frost and Forrest."

cjdQy7a.jpg

"Of...Of course, your Grace," said Harvest, returning to his work, although with a chill flowing through his circuits.
    Next post, Sunny reflects on the news of Frost.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

While Harvest and Amber started looking for Frost and Forrest, Frost's family also got the notice.

pYLQgQh.jpg

Sunny finished with the firepit for the evening.

HvEMqvi.jpg

"If any of you want the firepit, I'm finished warming up next to it."

"Thanks, Big Sis," said Flora.

c0ukNZ8.jpg

Sunny could then hear her siblings chatted.

"Can you believe what Frost did?" said Chris.

"Well...He did mention a crush once...But he assured me it was nothing!!"

U7MBAfp.jpg

"Well it obviously wasn't! He only could have made it worse by going with a regular sim!!"

"I know, I know. I just...I just can't believe he lied!"

NN1MKCo.jpg

Upstairs, Sunny was in Frost's room

"I can believe it, Frost. When you love someone, there are just some things you just can't stop yourself from doing."

wZdRtb6.jpg

Sunny then moved to the armoire.

"I wonder if he still kept it for me..."

kCbx0kR.jpg

"Mow?" asked Skypers as he came into the room.

"Oh...It's just...something I asked Frost to keep for me if...if the laws were ever changed."

Iv6VqWs.jpg

"Here it is!" Sunny exclaimed, changing into a sparkling white dress.

GSPulRd.jpg

"This will be my wedding dress someday, Skypers. You see...There have been a few sims that I've been dating here and there and once all this nonsense about 'Same AI with same AI' is dropped, I can finally decide on a lover and then we'll actually date and kiss and..."

IuZWB7X.jpg

Sunny became subdued.

"And then we'll have a gorgeous wedding...something in...winter..."

C2y3wzG.jpg

"But then...would there be a winter if or when Amber gets you? Either way, you'd never see it...would you..."

LRP0g0h.jpg

Sunny sniffled.

"I don't know why I dream...If Amber is in charge...I'll never get to wear this in public..."

svvmwHn.jpg

Sunny walked away from the mirror, looking down at her cat.

"You have an easy life, Skypers. Eat, sleep, cuddle. No one is saying who you can and can't ask for affection from."

Tji0X8b.jpg

She sighed as she sat on the bed.

"You're braver than I am, Frost. Going so far as to kiss Forrest? And then even to make love with him? Flora and Chris can say what they want, I love you, brother."

IMzXmC3.jpg

"I can only hope that maybe...maybe there is a way you and Forrest can escape...At least then you two can be together."
    Next post, Frost makes a decision.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

While Sunny dreamed of a wedding, Frost was thinking about standing up to Amber, only in his case, he actually planned to go through with it.

B6e1cDv.jpg

"Something seems to be troubling you," said Forrest. "Something on your mind?"

"Yeah," said Frost. "What I plan on doing after our little vacation here."

"Oh? What's that?"

"I...well...I'm going to confront Amber, try to get her to realize that her laws are plum picking useless, and if I have to, possibly take her on in battle."

BjlgrlM.jpg

"Have you been sniffing the buzz bushes," said Forrest. "Aside from that being crazy at all, Amber could end up converting you."

"Yeah," said Frost. "At least then she might see that other AI are willing to take a stand. I'm going to see if my sister and Chris might join me as well."

"Frosty you're....you're serious about this..."

"As serious as I am about protecting you, even if I am clumsy or...or really can't handle the sight of plasma."

p6mVOV7.jpg

Forrest, realizing that Frost was actually planning this whole scheme, began to pout.

"But...how is this protecting me if...if you plan on taking on Amber?"

"By me taking charge of everything. I initiated the kiss, I initiated our woohoo, and I planned on making you my boyfriend."

s42FrBU.jpg

The two finished their card game, Frost seeing that his future official love was still upset. He embraced the Patch AI.

"If things work out, I plan on exactly doing that, Forrest. I love you. Now, if you excuse me, I have to get my battle gear."

"Frost..."

"I know...but I don't plan on changing my mind."

F0XAh3c.jpg

Frost then went inside to change.

9t2cOTO.jpg

Frost was serious. His gear, hair, everything reflected the fury of ice and cold flowing through him, most which he prepared to throw at Amber.

SGJg3og.jpg

After the night at the cabin, Frost returned home, although not to a warm welcome.

"You have some nerve..." Chris growled.

"Chris, I wanted to ask..."

"I don't care what you want to ask," the AI fumed. "You have the gall to return here after everything you did. Not just kissing Forrest, but sleeping with him?! You're our older brother. How...How did you even let this...this pitiful Patch AI get to you?!"

fNxwRkI.jpg

"Because I love him," Frost growled back. "If you're still into that backwards thinking, then fine. You don't have to join me taking on Amber."

PRBui9T.jpg

Chris threw his hands up.

"Argh...That's because that relationship could corrupt the system. And taking on Amber?!.... You know what? Fine. Do it. Get your bits scrambled or get converted. At least then we might get a new brother with better sense than what you're going on with!"

F8rdvQD.jpg

Frost went inside to speak with Flora, finding her in the living room. From her demeanor, he realized that she had probably heard everything outdoors.

CQz1UPf.jpg

"Flora..." said Frost, trying to approach carefully. "Can we...talk?"

"About you?" she asked.

"Yeah..." said Frost, the two then standing.

AjFgEMl.jpg

But Flora wasn't wanting part of the plan either.

"You lied to me!" she screamed. "You said there was nothing going on between you and Forrest. You lied to me!"

"I know, Flora. But if you knew..."

"I would have told you it was a plum idea! Would have tried to maybe get you a guy that was a Config AI. But no! You lied to me! You're a selfish big brother! You're...You're selfish and mean and...and a durian plum! Get out!!"

"Flora..."

"GET OUT!!!" Flora roared in heartbreak, Frost running off to find Sunny.

yt0J0RJ.jpg

He soon found his sister in the kitchen, although now with Chris angry at him and Frost's actions causing their youngest sister to burst into tears, the Winter AI wasn't sure how Sunny would react. Still, he had to at least talk to her.

"H...Hi Sunny...Can...Can we talk?"

NeRbKHR.jpg

"Hey Big Bro!" said Sunny. "Looks like you're back from your escapades with Forrest, huh."

"Yeah..." said Frost, forlornly. "Guess Amber's little system made sure of that..."

"Well I've always been half-tempted to set if off myself," giggled Sunny, "But I've never had the guts to do it."

VpVvdfU.jpg

"And I'd never be as brave as you," Sunny said in a more solemn tone, "To want to fight for the one I love."

"You figured that out?" asked Frost.

"None of us would be in battle gear unless there was a rogue Error AI on the loose," said Sunny. "I figured if it wasn't that, you must be wanting to protect Forrest. That and...well...Chris and Flora are rather loud."

6oCV778.jpg

"Guess there's no point in asking you to help me then," said Frost.

"Not...Not how you would want it," said Sunny. "But...I know some people. I can ask if they might help in the situation. Like I said, Frosty, I'm not brave. Not at all. I can't even commit to relationships because...I'd be afraid of them going too far and Amber wanting to punish me. But you...you're the bravest of any AI I know. Whatever you do...just know that although I can't be with you, you'll always have my support. You and Forrest."

wHk7Dsg.jpg

Frost smiled, feeling his confidence soar once more.

"Tell these friends of yours that I'm going to approach Amber at the Center Program Unit hall. And maybe, if they can, make sure Forrest is alright too, on behalf of me."

"I'm sure they can," said Sunny.

hTyooHk.jpg

Frost then flung his arms around his sister.

"And thank you, for everything," said Frost.

"Of course, Big Bro," said Sunny. "That's what a sister is for."
    Next post, Frost takes on Amber, although forgetting one crucial detail: Harvest.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After encouragement from Sunny, Frost went to confront Amber who, on her own, was admittedly weak. Sure she could throw commands left and right, but she not only refused to fight Frost so not to be frozen (Admittedly, that probably would hurt the program) but she also didn't seem to have valid arguments for her laws aside from "It could corrupt the system" to which she had no proof.

A35AQ4X.jpg

"I don't need proof, Frost you durian-plumhead! I am the Security AI of this world and I can tell if something will happen!" Amber fumed.

l3VZ4qe.jpg

"That's not a way to know," said Frost. "Have you even seen it happen? This isn't like when your ancestors were fighting Error AIs and child AIs had errored because of a missing life stage. We can always make a new world and..."

"Oh would you just shut up," Amber groaned. "Harvest, come here and strip him."

AxpW3t0.jpg

Frost gasped.

"That's a bit illegal, even for you, isn't it?"

fylfU7O.jpg

"I mean code, you fool. Unlike some other AI, you and your family are core Configuration AI and it would take a lot longer to replace you than if I just reprogram you," Amber explained before shouting. "Harvest!"

The Slave AI quickly made his way over.

SuFdrYn.jpg

"You...wish for me to remove his clothing?" asked Harvest.

Amber was almost ready to facepalm.

"No, Harvest. Erase his memory so he can be reformatted."

"Ah. Very well."

NeOXZmt.jpg

Frost tried to run, only for Harvest to hypnotize him, making him return and stand in place.

DFkNzF2.jpg

"This should not take long, your Grace," said Harvest.

"Good. I'm sure his family will appreciate me not making him into a Slave AI," said Amber. "I'll bring up the root files I'll need."

KRgwGTp.jpg

Suddenly, a hollowed mist appeared, another Slave AI materializing, blocking Harvest's path.

"What? Oh no...Miss? It's Aura again."

"Well deal with her!" said Amber.

7qETJdi.jpg

"Hey, hey,hey!" said the AI, pushing on Harvest. "How many times do I have to tell you, It's Rebecca. You telling me you're still going by that plum name that dragon gave you, Harvey?"

GgLzU3H.jpg

"Harvest was the name programmed by her Grace," said the formal Slave AI. "It would be you that is the outlier."

"Wow," commented Rebecca. "She messed you up real good. Still makes me wonder what you did to deserve it."

Rebecca then shifted into an overlock mode or dark form.

BaI6PaS.jpg

"See, Harvey? If you'd just open your eyes, you wouldn't be stuck having to fight me in your usual form. So? What were the plans this time? Conversion? Memory wipe? Ooo! I bet it was that one, wasn't it. Kinda like what she did to you, the peach."

kzODUjT.jpg

Harvest growled as they two faced off.

"You will not insult her Grace like that! She is the one that keeps this program running smoothly."

"Yeah," cackled Rebecca. "With bubblewrap and hand sanitizer. Let's go!"

jEhN3Cy.jpg

The two then fought, Frost still in a daze.

DVd6oCA.jpg

"Harvest, have you dealt with her-!" Amber was about to say, just as Rebecca held Harvest by the neck.

"C'mon, Harvey!" she hissed. "You gotta have some memory still in you!"

nEWrOz8.jpg

Rebecca then flung the AI to the ground.

"Ugh. No point in talking to you now. I got other business to attend to."

ae8EJvk.jpg

Frost was just coming out of his daze as Amber went up to Harvest.

"You are so useless sometimes!" Amber fired. "I swear! I give you all this programming and yet you lose to this...this loose code!?"

Harvest simply stared hard, Rebecca laughing.

"And don't forget it, Dragon!" she said before turning to Frost. "You okay?"

"Y...Yeah. Who are you?"

Vi5ohCm.jpg

"Just call me a 'friend' of the family," said the AI. "So, shall we ditch these two like rocks on a road?"

"Yes please!" said Frost, relieved.

zfx6t4N.jpg

So, as Harvest took Amber's fiery words, Frost and Rebecca exited the premises like a DOS file.
    ----
    Next post, Frost meets the Freed Rebels.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

After escaping Amber via her fighting with her servant, Rebecca and Frost made their way to Rebecca's hideout.

sZh50PF.jpg

Frost looked around, not seeing anything that looked like a 'hideout.'

bdvjRQz.jpg

"Well of course you can't see it," said Rebecca. "It's a hideout. C'mon. I'll show you."

M6ajkD5.jpg

The vampire AI had Frost follow her.

"This junction box is your hideout?"

"Hahah, not at all. You'll see."

6sQkAdn.jpg

Frost then saw the steps going down to the hideout. He was actually amazed.

"How has Amber not detected this?"

"It was here naturally," explained Rebecca. "Probably an abandoned program section or something. we made it our own and, well, we have an ancient AI that was able to block Amber from finding it. Far as she knows, it's just an abandoned build."

xooQGGa.jpg

Speaking of a certain Ancient AI, he was chatting with another guest.

"So...you can see visions with this thing?"

"Oh sometimes. It's probably something to do with my programming. Just don't ask me what. Here I'll show you."

SsicCPf.jpg

Forrest shook his head as the old man took in a deep breath.

Rebecca gave a hiss.

"Hey, Reed. Stop getting the kid high. I brought his buddy here."

Bc4zVpB.jpg

Forrest stood.

"Buddy? I don't know..."

He paused, then seeing Frost.

LG7YPKl.jpg

"Frost!" Forrest exclaimed, hugging the Configuration AI tight.

"Forrest!"

"Oh plum! We weren't sure you would come back!"

Rebecca scoffed.

"Of course he'd come back. I was there."

V4WxKrK.jpg

"Now," said Rebecca. "How about we get you two out of here."

"You...Know a way out?!" Frost exclaimed. "Then why haven't you guys escaped?"

"What and leave AI like you two at the grips of Amber? I've already seen what she did with Harvey and she tried with me. One of the reasons our group is together is to help AI like you guys, either to fight back or escape. And according to Sunny, you guys could be used elsewhere. Say somewhere on the Player's PC?"

"S...Sure. How do we do it though?" asked Frost.

"Follow me," said Rebecca.

KA5TPQA.jpg

Rebecca then walked up to Paddi who was painting a mural on the wall.

"Is the portal ready, Paddi?"

"Paddi has to take time," said the AI. "Would be faster with help though."

Rebecca sighed. "Alright. Pass over a paintbrush."

1b7IUuO.jpg

As Paddi and Rebecca worked on the painting, Frost and Forrest conversed.

"Think about, Forrest," said Frost. "We'll be free on the PC program."

"Yeah," said Forrest. "But where will we go?"

"For now," said Rebecca as she worked. "This thing will send you to a CAS realm. The AI in charge of that should be able to help you then."

LG2yGST.jpg

"You guys really thought this out," said Frost.

"Well, mostly me," Rebecca boasted. "But Paddi's the one with the ability to link worlds, even if she needs to use pictures to do so."

"That's great then," said Forrest. "So me and Frosty can be together without fear. Heh. We could even woohoo without trouble."

o6aO32K.jpg

Paddi suddenly stopped painting.

"You no do that here. That is worse than the Dragon Lady!"

Forrest gave a hard look, rolling his eyes.

"I didn't mean here. I take it you're one of those stuck up types?"

"Paddi Error Type. Not panky type."

"Panky?"

HX1rYaQ.jpg

Viper and Ohm overheard Paddi and Forrest bickering.

"Hee. Remember when Paddi caught us making out the first time we came here?" said Ohm.

Viper laughed.

"Oooh yeah. I mean...Probably didn't help that we were sitting on her bed, but we didn't have our own at the time."

XHPLI4z.jpg

"Buuuut," added Viper, stretching to lay his arm over his wife's shoulders.

DW9vc7w.jpg

"We fixed that problem after."

Ohm giggled.

"I guess we did."

WKsAweM.jpg

The two then fell into a kiss, before going into a full liplock while the others were busy.

OOGORSE.jpg

Eventually, after Paddi returned to the mural, it was finished, Paddi giving a final swipe of the paintbrush to activate the portal.

BBoPVgw.jpg

"You go now?" said Paddi.

"Yeah I guess," said Frost. "There's nothing stopping us, is there?"

bxFA0zh.jpg

"Heh. Nope," added Rebecca. "Amber will just have new AI made to take yours and Forrest's place, much like she did for all of us, sort of. While this world is down, you guys will be free away from the crazy."

"In that case," said Frost with excitement. "Let's go, Forrest! We have a new world to go to!"

Showing the same excitement, Forrest took Frost's arm and the two jumped into the portal.
    In the last post for Laptop Beta, Frost and Forrest meet CeeCee
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

And thus, Frost and Forrest traveled through the Net to the PC Worlds, ending up in the CAS Space.

QwmiO7w.jpg

Frost and Forrest found themselves in a pool, gasping for air as they surfaced.

"Are we...here?" asked Forrest.

"I...think..." said Frost.

DLNLrvU.jpg

The two then saw someone in the distance, getting out of the pool.

"Maybe she can help us," said Frost.

"Yeah..."said Forrest, suddenly adding. "Although she might prefer if we actually had pants..."

"Wait, what?"

bzItgRF.jpg

The two stopped, discussing their predicament.

"So...umm...Where did your clothes go?" asked Forrest.

"I don't know," said Frost, chuckling. "Not that I'm not enjoying the view. I'm sure there's a reason for it."

"Probably because you're not from our saves," said CeeCee as she approached the two.

ta2fxi2.jpg

Before any of them could ask though, CeeCee started bouncing like her usual cheerful self.

"You must be Forrest and Frost!" she exclaimed. "I always wondered if we would ever get anyone from the Player's Laptop saves. What's it like there? Did you guys remember to get your AI in charge of CAS to back-up your basic files?"

"Ah..."Forrest tried to speak, Frost chuckling in amusement.

dG9Liog.jpg

"It might be best for us to have some clothes first, ma'am," said Frost. "It's a bit chilly here."

DUzBbQx.jpg

CeeCee laughed, shrugging.

"Yeah. That would make sense. Just give a spin and see what shows up. If it's something more akin to our townies, I can get you a better wardrobe. All in the job description!"

zKFCT0q.jpg

Forrest and Frost then changed into some new clothes.

RvvM4gr.jpg

Forrest gave a smile.

"Actually nice not having to wear those Cast Bracelets anymore," he said, looking at Frost. "Amber would have a cow if she saw us now."

mzZ9x9O.jpg

"Who's Amber?" asked CeeCee. "One of the AIs in charge of your world?"

"The only AI," explained Frost. "She's the one that creates the AI, makes the rules. It's actually because of her that we escaped Laptop Beta. Then again, we always heard that Cisco's tend to be the real hotheads."

"Cisco you say," said CeeCee, showing some concern. "I may have to look into some things about her then. Know though that in the majority of our worlds, you two should be safe from whatever she may have done. We can always use another AI to help out with the weather and we don't even have one in charge of plants. You two stay here while I look into things."

Ghv0l6b.jpg

As CeeCee went off, Forrest and Frost hugged tearfully.

"Can you believe this?" said Frost. "We're free!"

"Yeah!" said Forrest. "We can actually be lovers and no one can stop us."

d0QHgfD.jpg

Frost pulled back, clearing his throat.

"Yeah, about that," said Frost.

"What is it?" asked Forrest.

"Well...Since we aren't in Laptop Beta anymore and Amber can't stop us..."

aj5OMQI.jpg

"Forrest Net," said Frost, getting on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

TDIwT4J.jpg

"Frosty...is this?"

"It's an engagement ring, yes. I made sure to get it in my pocket when I changed clothes. If we are allowed to live in this new program, I want it to be with you...as your husband."

gH4tI2b.jpg

"I...I dunno what to say," said Forrest, looking over the ring. "I mean of course I will. I just...I guess the thought of marriage wasn't really something I was thinking of when we were back in Laptop Beta. It always just...felt like a dream, you know?"

duOZsqf.jpg

Frost then stood, kissing Forrest's hand.

"Well if this is a dream, I'd rather stay in it with you."

Forrest chuckled.

"Same here, Frosty. Same here."
    And thus the end of this one chapter from the Laptop. Next time I am on my own with the laptop, we may get another adventure. For now though, expect another Back to Roots once the screenshots are fixed.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184