Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anybody else finding that they appreciate fireplaces more with Seasons?

Like before Seasons, I never even used the fireplace even if the house had one. But now I find it so cozy in the winter to light it and have a hot drink or popcorn next to it. And especially for Christmas. It feels so nice and Christmasy to me!

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes, indeed! I almost never bothered putting fireplaces unless they were in the more lavish homes, but now I find I'm placing even the cheapest fireplaces in most of my sims' homes! This is only because I will never stoop to paying for the thermostat bills since they're going to be RIDICULOUSLY high (apartments are exempt from paying the extra haha).
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Very much so. I didn't ever bother with them before unless they were part of a downloaded or maxis made lot.
    It's very cozy and with the ice on the windows or hearing the wind outside it gives the feeling of warmth to me as a player. Fireplaces are very immersive to me now. Most of my sims don't even get a thermostat for their home. The firepits .. while not as comfortable (always get the more expensive one if you want less fires) also make sense to me now.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Yes, I enjoyed including a fireplace in my builds and always turned them on to just make believe it was cold out. With seasons though, my sims now have reason to turn it on. There’s something peaceful about having one on.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Yes, I like that my sims will autonomously turn the fireplace on when cold. That's never happened before. But of course, now more fires are prone to start (my sim caught on fire when she turned her fireplace on). But that adds excitement to the game :)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I've always liked them, to be honest. Especially with the automatic lighting upgrade. But it's nice to see them with purpose now.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Absolutely! The upgrade makes it better.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Fireplaces are great, and I've used them even before. :)
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I really want to do this, but I'm worried about them catching fire so I'm waiting until my sims have a high enough handiness level so as to upgrade them to prevent fires.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I still don't use them super often, but I am glad that they have a real use now.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I don't have seasons but my sims still get the cozy fire buff. I only use them if they are upgraded though. Hoping to avoid an accidental fire.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Yes! I had fireplaces in my houses more for the look/feel of it, but seasons makes them more useful (since I didn't want to use the thermostat). Wish we had even more options like pot belly stoves, or what us aussies call coonaras :)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I've used them a lot before seasons. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Oh definitely! My new favourite thing.. well new since Seasons but I've always done it in previous sims games... is to have sims sit around the fire on snowflake/winterfest eve as it snows outside. Melts my heart. Every. Single. Time.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    For sure! My Sims turn it on by themselves and always enjoy it in the Winter. Adds so much depth to a space and makes it cozy.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes, I use them now instead of thermostats in the Winter. I had fireplaces before, but never really used them. They were just in my builds for aesthetics, especially in cabins. But now, even though none of them are upgraded they stay on whenever the weather is 'cold' or 'freezing' which ends up being almost the entire Winter season. Luckily, I've never had a fire... yet. o.O

However, I do put thermostats in venues. I'm thinking about taking them out though now in favor of fireplaces. I didn't think premades/townies would autonomously light fires in them at venues. But, the last time my Sim visited The Shrieking Llama bar in Windenburg, I saw Bella Goth start a fire and warm her hands to the one there. :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Seasons has made many objects more relevant such as the fireplaces. Most of my Sims homes have basements now which I never did before. But one has to have a place to store all the outdoor furniture and summer toys because I hate having things destroyed by lightning and rain then needing to replace them. I am not cheap, I am simply frugal. B)
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I usually have a fireplace in every house. And my sims use them too. Just wish they would be sensible enough to NOT warm themselves by the fireplace when there's currently a heat wave. I really don't know why....
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Yes, I've had to alter all my played homes to put a fireplace in!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Absolutely!. I hardly ever put fireplaces in my Sims homes before Seasons.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm just approaching my first Winter in my game and really need to add more fireplaces! My current household has one, and it reminded me that most of my households don't.

I really hope they edit the radiators to give off heat. Soon. Please ;)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Definitely! I didn't use them very often and now I find myself using them in almost every house I build. But that also means that since I use them more often, I want more of them, more styles, more colours.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I wish the Christmas decorated ones had an undecorated version so they could be changed seasonally.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I liked the fireplaces prior to seasons, but really, really like them better now.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I wish the Christmas decorated ones had an undecorated version so they could be changed seasonally.

That's a great idea. I haven't used the Christmas ones for that reason.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have always put fireplaces in my Sims' homes. I have to have one in my RL home, too. My only concern is that despite all three fireplaces on the ground floor being lit, I'm noticing my Sim family wearing their 'cold' weather clothing inside! :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/