Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anybody else finding that they appreciate fireplaces more with Seasons?

2...Next

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I would if my sims didn't obsess over it as much. It's on all year round even when I tell them to put it out they light it back up practically immediately after. They even have it on during heatwaves and they are constantly warming themselves by the fire.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Like before Seasons, I never even used the fireplace even if the house had one. But now I find it so cozy in the winter to light it and have a hot drink or popcorn next to it. And especially for Christmas. It feels so nice and Christmasy to me!

Not at all. but then I'm a builder. and appreciate anything build mode as to other, especially with the sims 4, and its, lack lack lack of :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yep. They didn't make much sense before Seasons.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Yeah :) I never used fireplaces but now I put them in all my houses.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I feel like such a grinch. I hate the fireplaces. My sims are always lighting themselves up on fire with them.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Yes! They finally have a purpose. I send my Sims to the fireplace when its cold/snowing outside.

They make such a cosy aesthetic too :heart:

biuotd.png
    giphy.gif
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, absolutely! I was the same before the Seasons EP, I almost never used to put fireplaces into my Sims' homes and now I do it all the time! What bugs me, though, is that Sims keep wearing their "cold weather" outfits inside the house. I thought this was supposed to be fixed with one of the new patches, but nothing as of now.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Since I had the money I installed a fireplace but I never turned it on. Now we cuddle in front of it sometimes when it's cold.

I installed a thermostat just because, though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I love the fireplaces as well more now~ but I am wondering, how far is there reach? Just one room? The whole ground floor? Or the whole house? I know the thermostat makes the whole house warm.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Like before Seasons, I never even used the fireplace even if the house had one. But now I find it so cozy in the winter to light it and have a hot drink or popcorn next to it. And especially for Christmas. It feels so nice and Christmasy to me!

Absolutely! My sims actually use them autonomously now as well. Its kinda great. I've always loved fireplaces but never felt the need/reason to put them out in the houses and take up valuable floor space for something that would go unused. Now with Christmas holidays added and snowy weather my sims love them and use them and I can't wait to design livingrooms for the little folks with shiny new fireplaces! :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    All my sims have fireplaces in their little hut houses so in winter they can all snuggle up in front of it :smile: makes playing history based saves a little more fulfilling especially now seasons is here.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    I do, it's interesting to see that when the weather changes my sims tend to light the fireplaces autonomously. It's especially great for dates on a cold night in and seeing the kids come home from school to a warm house, I like that you can decorate it with garland and seasonal cards alongside the Christmas tree for the perfect screenshots of everyone opening presents/celebrating. I make it a habit to place rugs as far as possible from it, too many flashbacks, lol. The only thing that can make fireplaces even better is if they warm an entire floor, though I'm not sure how it can be implemented through doors, but I'll continue to use them regardless. ~