Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs not Hair.

So again a young couple moves into town and doesn't know a soul. So they took a break from unpacking and took a 3 day vacation.
Not even on the second day the "Death" call. Some stranger died and we wanted to ruin your vacation. Enough with barbie stuff and please start fixing the game. Somebody owes my Sims a refund for a ruined vacation.

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sometimes random Sims die, it's a feature not a bug. I just cancel "witness death" in the queue and have my Sims do something else in another area until the reaping is complete to avoid unnecessary sadness over a sim they never met.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sometimes random Sims die, it's a feature not a bug. I just cancel "witness death" in the queue and have my Sims do something else in another area until the reaping is complete to avoid unnecessary sadness over a sim they never met.
    I think they're getting at the phone call you get when a sim dies. They could be anyone from a loved one to a random sim that you may have said hello to one time. Once you get the call you are hit with a mourning moodlet for 2 days.
    It's a little excessive especially if you have tons of people on your contact list. Being forever in mourning is no fun.

Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The free assets and the bug squashing are done by two different teams. There's room for both new content and taking care of bugs. It takes a while to track down bugs and solve them.

In the case of the death calls, it's a feature that's maybe working a bit too well. People were complaining that they were never notified when a friend or a relative died, so everything was too happy in the game. So they added the feature so that Sims would feel sad about people in their life dying. I think it's less getting rid of the feature than it is tuning it down a bit -- maybe a few hours for an acquaintance, 8 hours for a friend, 1 day for a really good friend and 2 days for a family member. Think about real life -- pretty much the longer and deeper the relationship the longer the mourning period. (What would be funny is if an enemy died and the Sim got a short Happy moodlet. B) )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    There is a mod for this. It changes to give the appropriate emotional response to a death depending on how well you know the sim. It is on mod the sims.
  • Options
    g_marie0419g_marie0419 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm so glad someone else brought this up!! I was so tired of my sims being sad over someone they barely knew I started using aspiration reward points to get the potion that removes all negative moodlets every time a sim died.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    What is barbie stuff if I may ask? And yes I'm serious
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Ive never received a death call, I'm starting to feel left out