Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Families are being generated in my game already married. The relations are upsetting. solved

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    I don't see a mod that would cause it and if you asked what mods they have can't you tell them which one would be causing it? Just because there isn't a coding for that to happen its a game so its possible it can happen. They are just asking for help what mod would be causing it they aren't asking EA to take responsibility if its caused by a mod but it would be if they did vanilla and its still happening.

no, you cannot tell by a list of mods which mod or mods would be causing the issue this person is having. mods interact with other code in their own ways and they can conflict with each other /and/ the code of the game to create issues no one has seen before.

if they want to know what mod is causing the issue, they will have to remove /all/ mods from their game, then put each mod back in, one at a time, until the issue happens again. once the issue happens again, they will have a list of mods to work from. from there, they can contact the creators or go onto a forum featuring those specific mods and ask other players if they have encountered the exact same issue.

the only way to know for sure that this is not a bug in the game is to take out every single mod and do what rosemow said to insure there are /no/ outside files that could in any way cause conflict with the unmodded files. /if/ the issue is still present, /then/ it is something to be reported on the bug forum for ea so that others, including simgurus, can have a look.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    How do you even get your game to generate toddlers? My game never generates families with toddlers.

I don't really know.. I thought everyone's game generated families with toddlers..

The game doesn't generate toddlers, I was just going to say that too. So maybe look for a mod that does.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    wow thats creepy. I really hope this is a bug
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    That’s pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 creepy. I’m glad I don’t use mods.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2018
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    That’s pretty plum creepy. I’m glad I don’t use mods.

Generally speaking, if you take care to keep your mods updated, conflict-free, and have a clear understanding of what affect they have on your game, this doesn't happen.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    @CrazyboutTheSims From your mods list I noticed you have the 'more children at parks' mod. I had that mod and when you visit a park in game, it generates families with toddlers and children. However, I had to stop using it as that mod hasn't been updated for a while, so I'm almost certain that could be what's causing the issue in your game. Take it out, clear caches and delete all generated families with children or toddlers currently in your save.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    How do you even get your game to generate toddlers? My game never generates families with toddlers.

I don't really know.. I thought everyone's game generated families with toddlers..
    They don't and therein may be your problem.

Were you using any mods specifically for toddlers? What about mods for altering relationships?
    I changed the title because it seems to be attracting negative comments.

Are you sure about that?

The general rule of mod use: expect the unexpected, but don't panic about it. Mods can have conflicts, but they're not worth getting upset over. Take them out of your game, and check for updated versions.
    Test your game vanilla, if the issues are still there, then it's an issue with the game, and worth alerting the developers to it.
    If the vanilla game has no issues, then add the mods one at a time, testing the game between each one. If you find the one that does it, contact the person who created it, and let them know.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited August 2018
    @CrazyboutTheSims From your mods list I noticed you have the 'more children at parks' mod. I had that mod and when you visit a park in game, it generates families with toddlers and children. However, I had to stop using it as that mod hasn't been updated for a while, so I'm almost certain that could be what's causing the issue in your game. Take it out, clear caches and delete all generated families with children or toddlers currently in your save.

Thanks for posting and letting me know that I'm not the only one who had problem with this mod..I wanted it so my kids and toddlers would have someone to play with in the park.
    I had been deleting them for a while but wanted it to stop ..
    I tried to find that mod to update it and couldn't find it.. I didn't realize that it could do what it did..I thought it was still working and it was but how and why would it cause single male sims to have toddler wives with kids? I'm not saying it didn't cause it but it is very strange, I thought all it did was bring kids and toddlers to the park.. I thought everyone's game generated families with toddlers..
    I generated a new ts4 folder and played vanilla for a while and nothing happened.. then I saw this "How do you even get your game to generate toddlers? My game never generates families with toddlers." and so I put that mod in my game and it generated families with toddlers.. none of them married yet. I will definitely be deleting that mod..
  • Options
    I'm glad now that I posted the list of my mods and Teslachick2 confirmed it is indeed the more children at parks mod.. which I had just spent some time testing it to find out it was the mod messing with my game.. It makes me feel so much better know someone else had a problem with it..
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited August 2018
    It looks like your toddlers in park interacted in a way you don’t want with something (possibly like MCCC), which marries inactive Sims. If you remove the toddlers in parks I guess the game should stop creating these families.
    I think the deal is it’s not just one mod, but the combination of two (or more) doing their seperate ‘jobs’.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    @CrazyboutTheSims No problem. I really liked the mod as well cos it made my kiddie parks lively and was sad when it broke and started generating weird townie families.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    but how and why would it cause single male sims to have toddler wives with kids?
    It's conflicting with something, either another mod, or some part of the game that has been updated.

NRowe wrote: »
    It looks like your toddlers in park interacted in a way you don’t want with something (possibly like MCCC), which marries inactive Sims. If you remove the toddlers in parks I guess the game should stop creating these families.
    I think the deal is it’s not just one mod, but the combination of two (or more) doing their seperate ‘jobs’.
    And that would be it.

The how and why are two mods each trying to do their job. All it takes is a single update to break them, and make them do something unexpected.

The results were a little cringe-worthy, but not worth getting upset over.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Yes it is morechildrenatparks by Bienchen83 that is causeing toddlers married to adults generating, must need updating. I had the same problem when using this mod. Use the morechildrenatparks_version2 that does not generate families with toddlers.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yes it is morechildrenatparks by Bienchen83 that is causeing toddlers married to adults generating, must need updating. I had the same problem when using this mod. Use the morechildrenatparks_version2 that does not generate families with toddlers.

Thank You so much for this information.. I was sad at loosing one of my favorite mods and couldn't find it to update it.. I usually bookmark them in case I have to go back to check on updates for them but I didn't this time.. I think this is a different creator but I have used her mods before without problems.. I'll be sure to bookmark it this time. again thank you.

Edit: I found her on mts and her new site but can't find that mod can you give me a link please?

I found it finally!!
    Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited August 2018

Thank You so much for this information.. I was sad at loosing one of my favorite mods and couldn't find it to update it.. I usually bookmark them in case I have to go back to check on updates for them but I didn't this time.. I think this is a different creator but I have used her mods before without problems.. I'll be sure to bookmark it this time. again thank you.

Edit: I found her on mts and her new site but can't find that mod can you give me a link please?

Hello
    The second version of the mod is listed on this page. You need to go down the page a little bit to see it.
    http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

Edit :we were posting at the same time! It is good you found the mod.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The second version of the mod is listed on this page. You need to go down the page a little bit to see it.
    http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

Edit :we were posting at the same time! It is good you found the mod.

@rosemow thank you