Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you max out the toddler skills or let them have fun?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    chozobochozobo Posts: 40 Member
    I make them skill to lvl 3 ,then have fun
    I usually try to get their skills up to 5, but fail. In the end it's most likely communication and imagination which are maxed out, thinking and movement at 4...
    sometimes i just say "f it" and let them have fun, but I do want successful kids because of my legacy founder's aspiration :>
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I let my toddlers have as much fun as they want without worrying about skills
    They max them out by themselves because I play with aging off and they stay in the toddler stage for quiet a long time.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yes , I have them skill everything to lvl 5
    Both really. I let them have fun, but they typically end up getting their skills by themselves to 5 WAY before they age out anyway (which I typically end up doing for them when they have 10 days left). I play on long.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes , I have them skill everything to lvl 5
    Both actually. I play on long life, so there's no real hurry to max out the skills. I've found that once their needs are taken care of, if you just leave them alone, they'll play and/or socialize & build their skills on their own. When they get to about 7 days from aging up, that's when I check to see what skills they haven't maxed yet, and focus on those (usually thinking since that one tends to require some effort). But most of the time they're usually maxed by the time they reach 14 days, then they just have fun the rest of the time.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    My toddlers seem to skill up in daily life. I do use custom life spans. I haven't aged up many toddlers without maxed skills. The few that didn't max them all were probably level 4 in one.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    For the most part I let them have fun and don't worry too much about the skills. I find the bonus traits you get for maxing skills as a toddler makes the game a bit easier and I try to make the game as challenging as possible (just my personal preference). There is the odd toddler I'll skill to level 3 if I have plans for them to be a super intelligent Sim - but that is very rare.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I try to make my toddlers and kids have a 'natural' upbringing, so they get taught some stuff as you would irl but I don't push them to learn as much as possible. I like to see them playing plenty of the time or babbling away and having fun.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Depends on the sim
    Depends on if the parents are the training type or just leave the kids be. Also depends on if I have a particular skill focus/personality that I want for that particular toddler.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited August 2018
    Depends on the sim
    I play on Long to maximize my time with my Sims. I've had Parenthood since it was released. In all of this time, I've only had 2-3 at most max all skills. The first one surprised me. He was just a little learning machine doing much of it on his own. I also randomize the traits using a pair of dice I keep on my desk. He was either Inquisitive, or Independent, can't recall now. But for certain Sims, maxing their skills before I manually age them up is imperative to the storyline. Mostly, I work on keeping them fed, entertained and give them enough attention.

My second little maxed out toddler, just managed to complete her Childhood Aspiration. Again with little or no effort on my part. It's almost as if the game knows … She's my little brainiac and will go into the Archaeological Field when she becomes a YA. She's my O/C from my siggie and so her path has been set. :p:*o:)>:)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    It is interesting to see how others play their toddlers . In my current game the first child maxed all toddler skills. Her twin siblings will only get level 3 if that . I want them to have fun and what not
    Happy Simming!♥