Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you max out the toddler skills or let them have fun?

I am in the car and thought about this . I usually have my sims help their toddlers max their skills just in time to age up . But that takes 10 days . Made me wonder how others play toddlers .
Happy Simming!♥

Do you max out the toddler skills or let them have fun? 104 votes

Yes , I have them skill everything to lvl 5
32%
icmnfrshMeteoraStorminvisiblgirlsimgirl1010vivica86ldmarkoVulorikirivianSerendipity38dctf344Francl27LatinaBunnyarlielKathykinsToadette12Destin2016HillyBethObsession101sparkofmadness_98wx_lix 34 votes
I make them skill to lvl 3 ,then have fun
18%
Alexairudolphasimm621Bagoas77Briel24Zeldaboy180CAITLINX354AlbaWaterhouseLyrieluxsylvanEnkiSchmidtchocbookAfterMidnightShinzenElle_AnneKJBCatfriend150chozoboMoonstoneSpell1 19 votes
I let my toddlers have as much fun as they want without worrying about skills
19%
Akl500Pvancanuckfan86SimmervilleMaryVannelanorbretonScarbo27JennyggwrenstalesScorpina2009taydevelelunicyTrashmagicMaggieMarleysillyangel0906VentusMattsamemieChazzzyHuiiie_07AmandèleM_Valentine22 20 votes
Depends on the sim
29%
Kita5399GalacticGalIcewolfrjhenn14Thunderbat87Mariefoxprice83DJQ1308JestTruSjofnstilljustme2mitchiebanjoDoloresGreySekrilcatmando830RedDestiny92mariepeek28RebeccaLynnmusteniThePinkBookGirlphoenixstar188 31 votes

Comments

• BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2018
    Depends on the sim
    I don't play with them. I used to have them be toddlers for only 1 in game minute and age them up immediately to a child. I recently found a mod that immediately skips the toddler stage entirely and ages the baby to a child. I purchased Sims 4 originally because it did not have toddlers and still prefer to not have that lifestage.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I play with aging off so I have plenty of time to max all toddler skills.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I play with aging off and I never manually age up any of my Sims either (i.e. all toddlers in my game stay permanently as toddlers). I don’t worry about skills as every toddler will max out their skills eventually.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Both. I let them have fun until they max skills on their own. The only intervention needed is a little potty training.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I also needed the option to vote 'Both'.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I get movement and potty maxed out as soon a possible, then let the rest level up over time.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Personally, I've never been able to get the toddler skills maxed out to 5 when I play families. What I do is I just level them up to 3 and the results are good enough anyways.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Depends on the sim
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I play with aging off so I have plenty of time to max all toddler skills.

I play on Long lifespan so there's usually plenty of my time to both learn and have fun. The only skill I work hard to max out is Potty skill because then they'll take themselves on their own and the teen+ Sims don't have to worry as much. :) It does depend on the Sim though -- sometimes the older kids only get leveled to 3 so I can age them up with the cake and get on with producing younger siblings.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Depends on the sim
    I try to get them to at least level 3 if it's a single toddler. Twins or triplets, forget it.
  • Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I play with aging off and I never manually age up any of my Sims either (i.e. all toddlers in my game stay permanently as toddlers). I don’t worry about skills as every toddler will max out their skills eventually.

Exactly same for me :blush:
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Depends on the sim
    Actually I often try to NOT max the skills. I don't want every sim to end up with the reward traits. It's quite hard to avoid :(
  • PerfectSorrowPerfectSorrow Posts: 58 Member
    I use cheats, max them out so it’s over and done with, then spend the rest of the life stage enjoying all the cute moments, letting them do mostly autonomous things and observing so I can enjoy their cute little personalities and take lots of family photos and such.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Other.

I hate movement level 3 (don't know how bad 4 or 5 are, but maybe even worse) because they move inhumanly fast and oddly, so I've been resetting that skill down to 1 occasionally (took longer to get back to 3, but also cutesy). Now that the freeze skills mod has been updated, I won't have to babysit that, yayyyy.

I won't let a toddler get to movement 3 now, unless there'll be some mod to stop that flash walk. So none of them will get ALL skills over 2, even, NOPE.

As for the other skills, it depends on how bright I want the kiddo to be, but I've been distracted/busy with other things and don't work on helping 'em with it quite as much as I should.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Depends on the sim
    It's been a long time since I've played more than a single Sim. It is so time consuming.
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Most everything I do with a toddler that is fun - helps build a skill. Plus the rate at which they learn skills has a notable increase when an older sim does the activity with them. For me this poll is kind of confusing. I don't think I would know how to "let them have fun" without raising their skills. I am having a blast with them, they are having fun and they are maxing out their skills long before they age up in my games (even my twins). I do play on long lifespan.

Now discipline is another matter. They get the hug it out the first time they are defiant, after that every time gets a little more firm (never went beyond twice with any of my toddlers though).

I do micromanage the little guys/gals. I like playing with them and they have few opportunities to go running off creating mischief. The worst thing I usually end up doing to all my toddlers (perhaps this should be on the confession thread) is that I tire the poor little buggers out before I finish daily activities with them. It's frustrating to stop in the middle of a play session to put them to bed though, and I am often disappointed that I didn't get to read them the bedtime story because they like pass out the second I put them in the bed (sometimes before they get to the bed - confession thread right?).
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I am in the car and thought about this . I usually have my sims help their toddlers max their skills just in time to age up . But that takes 10 days . Made me wonder how others play toddlers .

I have the UI Cheat Extension mod so I max them out right away using the cheat.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »

I have the UI Cheat Extension mod so I max them out right away using the cheat.

I max out their skill levels through cheats too and let them have fun
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I give them the tools and let them do what they want. Interestingly enough, they end up leveling up their skills anyway on their own lol

Then I age them up when everything is level 5
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Depends on the sim
    I like to get them to at least level 3, but if they get higher than that through whims and fun, then that's great too.
    image.png
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Usually I get them to at least three but with my current family all the toddlers have maxed skills. I also play on long lifespan so there isn't really a time crunch.
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    I like to get my toddlers maxed in their skills. Not that hard since I play with a longer lifespan. There IS the odd time I may not get a toddler maxed in skills, but that's mostly if I happen to be trying a challenge that requires a normal (or short) lifespan.
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I use MCCC to speed up the rate at which sims learn skills (Set it to 4) so my toddlers usually max their skills on their own just by doing their own thing. Potty training happens just once, movement, communication and thinking is maxed in 3 days tops just by interacting with their parents and running around the house.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • SimanthropySimanthropy Posts: 223 Member
    Depends on the sim
    i haven't had the chance to play toddlers for a while but I usually don't have the time to max out a toddlers skills with other sims in my household and such unless it's the only thing i put myself into. I just do what i can and let them age up with whatever they end up with.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I play too many families on rotation to focus much on each toddler. They build skills autonomously when the house is active, but not at all when I play the other houses. So, I try to make sure they have some toys, and I direct them to use them when I'm stopping by. Guess their skills are 1-3 when I age them up.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Get rid of the high chair, and it's hard to avoid getting all the skills to five, usually a day before they age up in a normal lifespan. But, my toddlers are parented to death - I have them do an hour of physical activity (dancing, sliding or just running about) while the mother takes care of her needs, but otherwise, she's usually teaching the toddler something. (BTW, teaching manners or please and thank-you is a great way to build communication skill, at least until the toddler gets sick of it.)

Nearly everything they can do builds one of the skills, so even if the mother is busy, the toddler can play with blocks or toys to have fun and learn at the same time.
    I just want things to match. :'(