Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want a memory system for sims 4

it would make traits deeper because depending on the traits your sims would think of a memory as good or bad
an evil sims would like some bad memories like fire or a death of sims they don't like
and family sims would think of there wedding fondly while for noncommittal sims it would be a bad memory
it would be kind of like the seasons calendar but with meaningful life events
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I'd really like the memory system back. It was removed in Get Together patch.
    Here's what I have said in the similar discussion:
    EgonVM wrote: »
    They actually had a feature where you could save photos as your sim's memories and make your sim reminince them (this affects emotions).
    I liked it, but they removed it with Get Together patch.
    Here's a page from SimsVIP showing the memory feature:
    https://simsvip.com/2014/12/15/the-sims-4-memories-emotions/
    Here's a video by The Sims Tutorials showing off the memory feature (old video):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEke744gMMA

I do wish that feature back.

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2018
    It would indeed flesh out a Sim to a much higher degree. By the same token, I would very much like for Sims to have more traits and perhaps a zodiac sign as well - because distinct personalities are pretty vital in a people-simulation game. I realize that the extra traits from Parenthood expand on the current model, but I feel previous iterations did a better job.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    They actually had a feature where you could save photos as your sim's memories and make your sim reminince them (this affects emotions).
    Here's a video by The Sims Tutorials showing off the memory feature (old video):

I know about that and I don't think it really counts it didn't really tell you anything about the memory you just took a pic and and put an emotion
    to it I want something like in sims 2 or 3 where its easy to get to and life events are note worthy I don't think they should have a memory of everyone they meet like in sims 2 just the big or meaningful events
  • Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    It would indeed flesh out a Sim to a much higher degree. By the same token, I would very much like for Sims to have more traits and perhaps a zodiac sign as well - because distinct personalities are pretty vital in a people-simulation game. I realize that the extra traits from Parenthood expand on the current model, but I feel previous iterations did a better job.

I agree a memory system would flesh out a Sim to a much higher degree
    and also I wish the parenthood traits were available in cas or in the reward store
  • Options
    it would be cool if npcs had memories as well along with story progression it could make the npcs a lot more fun
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    They could just really remake The Sims 2's memory system into the game as it's actually quite completed. Maybe we could get a new trait as Strong Memory, and a sim with that could remember some smaller things (for example, gaining one skill point, flirted with someone, or it rains).
  • Options
    They could just really remake The Sims 2's memory system into the game as it's actually quite completed. Maybe we could get a new trait as Strong Memory, and a sim with that could remember some smaller things (for example, gaining one skill point, flirted with someone, or it rains).

I think they could do a lot with it
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member

I think they could do a lot with it

Only that they've done nothing lol.
  • Options
    I'm still holding out hope
  • Options

its back if you want to use it @EgonVM but I want something more like sims 2
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

its back if you want to use it @EgonVM but I want something more like sims 2

The flaw with it is that every single picture you've taken is shown. What I'd like is only the pictures associated as memories.
    That what I really meant.
    But I really hope some kind of memory system comes back. It may be like in The Sims 2 (although I do want to enter custom titles and descriptions so I can personalize it for each sim).
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Big Yes to this
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    I agree, just don't make it like how it was in The Sims 3.
  • Options
    MMX wrote: »

I want something better then the one in sims 3 as well but even that was better then what we have now
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would want the memory back as well it made Sims more interesting and told me what the Sims liked and dislike through memory.
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    If you aren't opposed to mods, Slice of Life has a memory system + a bunch of other stuff that needs to be officially added to the game, like a turn on/off system. But, yeah with her memory system Sims get a moodlet describing the milestone and it lasts for long time before the memory fades. It's a huge mod, though, and it requires you to update it every singe patch (even the small ones).

But still, I've been playing my game with it for a while now. Currently, one of my sims caught her spouse cheating and she still remembers it, so she's still angry days later. But could you image something like that officially added into the game? I love Slice of Life, but most of the additions are moodlets and new traits. An official memory and turn on/off system could include new animations + social interactions, something that kept track of the memories (like the Sims 3), more consequences, etc.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member

I want something better then the one in sims 3 as well but even that was better then what we have now
    Not really. In The Sims 2, memories only occur whenever something significant happens to a Sim. In The Sims 3, Sims get a new memory for almost everything, complete with annoying popups. Repaired the toilet? New memory! Visited the park? New memory! Gained a skill? New memory! Not to mention it also inflates the size of your save file, making the game load slower than it already does.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have never played the Sims 2 but memories from that game sounds pretty useful and fun.

Memories as they were before in Sims 4 were never of use to me. It felt more like a way to get a buff of a specific emotion and not like a memory of a specific event. Using those memories actually took me out of the game, and made it feel shallow to me. Have no interest in seeing the Sims 4-version of memories again but Sims 2 could be good.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I feel it is the way (optional memory making) it is because notifications of memories got unbearable after the novelty wore off. Though i would like a system like MMX said
    caitytrina.png
  • Options

Not really. In The Sims 2, memories only occur whenever something significant happens to a Sim. In The Sims 3, Sims get a new memory for almost everything, complete with annoying popups. Repaired the toilet? New memory! Visited the park? New memory! Gained a skill? New memory! Not to mention it also inflates the size of your save file, making the game load slower than it already does.

yes I agree they shouldn't have a memory for everything and I also think they shouldn't have a memory for every person they meet that caused
    trouble in sims 2 I would like them to remember significant events such as having a baby and death of a friend or loved one near death house fire alien abduction meeting grim reaper so on so forth . @MMX
  • Options
    Masters_In_SimologyMasters_In_Simology Posts: 62 Member
    I believe a memory system would be a good think, and it would be a step toward my idea of Phobias/Phobia Conquest.