Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you spend 2 hours (IRL) trying to design a dark form

I LOVE perfecting character design, no matter what game.
But sometimes it's a curse. I spent TWO HOURS this morning trying to design a good dark form for Ulrike.
And I'm not done yet.

Anyone else spending way too much time in things like this? :)
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Always, sometimes it comes to the point in scrapping the sim all together. for now I chose to leave my sims dark form = his human form.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Usually when I build.
    But if I have to upload sims to the Gallery, I usually create them, take them to the live mode, set them careers, skills, relationship, weather preferences, and additional traits (usually with cheats). After all that, they are ready to be uploaded to the gallery.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I always spend a lot of time in CAS when I have to choose new clothes for my Sims. But never 2 rl hours. Maybe 2 Simhours :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I can definitely relate to being picky about details. I have also scrapped a lot of Sims in CAS...I guess that is one of the real reasons I end up playing with premades. They're done and perfect, and if I change anything about them, They are ruined completely and for good. But if I make a Sim myself, on the other hand, I never feel they're finished, and I continuously keep changing and tweaking a bit here and there. I spend so much time doing this, that I forget to play the game. So, I have resolved to playing with premades. Won't get to play the game otherwise.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Always, sometimes it comes to the point in scrapping the sim all together. for now I chose to leave my sims dark form = his human form.

Thank god for the copy function.
    Settled on something rather conservative.
    Well except for her formal wear which is the sheer all nude dress.
    Which, btw, I think is the most risque item in any Sims game.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    For me it's not the dark form, but creating the sim in the first place. I never can get the face right and end up just slightly modifying whatever the randomiser gives me.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Also, Ulrike is a vampire in my current save too. I think it suits her.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    You can be grateful you don't have 27 faces to pick from, with up to 9 right clicks per face for adding features/traits. And that's not getting to the slider bars yet. I forget the formula, but TS2 gives you an incredible number of possible faces. I presume you are using CC for clothing. Have never seen a formal dress like that.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited August 2018
    You can be grateful you don't have 27 faces to pick from, with up to 9 right clicks per face for adding features/traits. And that's not getting to the slider bars yet. I forget the formula, but TS2 gives you an incredible number of possible faces. I presume you are using CC for clothing. Have never seen a formal dress like that.

Isn't it that one dress with flowers from City Living? It's technically showing nothing but skin underneath.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Did some math. In theory, you could have 6267 different faces before using the sliders in TS2. TS4, eat your heart out!